Home General Discussion

CIGARfest 2012

Comments

• ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    PsychoSJG:
    ENFIDL:
    Ok so from my chats with Alex, waiting on another reply right now, he said he can come hang out for a lil bit with us as we tailgate before the doors open to general public. So we will be having the official Friday tailgate at Smoke Em If You Got Em's car. Someone will have to coordinate Sat's. Then I'm thinking a great chance for all of us to herf would be a brunch at The Wooden Match on Sat morning. It's a restaurant owned by CI that allows smoking. It'd be a great way for all of the Fri and Sat bork's to get together. I was thinking 10 am on Sat morning. Thoughts?

Friday Tailgate Attendees:
    ENFIDL
    Smoke Em If You Got Em
    Stephen_Hannibal
    Iced_Guardian+1
    y2pascoe

Sat 10AM Wooden Match Brunch:
    ENFIDL
    Smoke Em If You Got Em
    Stephen_Hannibal
    Iced_Guardian+1
    Gaetano7890
    y2pascoe (possibly)
    JHewey (possibly)

I'll be there Friday
    Awesome! For the tailgate and bonfire or just one of them brother?
  • LeftFiveLeftFive Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 181
    I'm game for anything I can make it to, I have the Nut Tickets for Friday, so I'll be inside stick-or-treating or whatever when you guys are tailgating. Brunch sounds good tho!
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 771
    Has anyone stayed at split rock for Cigarfest before? I really want to come to brunch but what I'm thinking is its an hour drive from the wooden match then I have to check in and get to the shuttle to go to Cigarfest. If anyone know how smooth the process is and if my times are of I would really appreciate it. Since I going with someone I don't want to make us late. Do I have to take the shuttle if I'm staying at split rock?
    BUMP.Gettin close and am so excited! Also I have a friend who has 2 sat tickets for sale for face value. They are $110 a piece. Great stand up BOTL. Lemme know if anybody is interested and I'll put you guys in touch
  • Bklyn78Bklyn78 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 65

I'm also getting excited since its less than 2 weeks away. this will be my first cigarfest along with my nephew. He got me some cubans when i went to visit him in canada a few years ago and we both got hooked. I have a question tho.

whats a good time to plan for to get parking. I live in jersey and dont feel the need to get a room. I'm just a noob when it comes to a big herf as this one. I wouldnt mind meeting some Brothers but im abit shy. hopefully I come out of my shell when I get there lol.

I'll raise my glass and stick to everyone and have a drink for you all.

see you all on the 4th i'll be the guy wearing the cigarfest shirt

• y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    ENFIDL:
    BUMP.Gettin close and am so excited! Also I have a friend who has 2 sat tickets for sale for face value. They are $110 a piece. Great stand up BOTL. Lemme know if anybody is interested and I'll put you guys in touch
    E, I'm am ready to turn the amps up to 11 with you guys. Let's get ready to get on with the gettin' on.
    Bklyn78:

I'm also getting excited since its less than 2 weeks away. this will be my first cigarfest along with my nephew. He got me some cubans when i went to visit him in canada a few years ago and we both got hooked. I have a question tho.

whats a good time to plan for to get parking. I live in jersey and dont feel the need to get a room. I'm just a noob when it comes to a big herf as this one. I wouldnt mind meeting some Brothers but im abit shy. hopefully I come out of my shell when I get there lol.

Welcome to the forum first off and this is my first CF as well. We'll be there in the parking lot. you can look for whoever is being the loudest and most obnoxious group that'll be us :p We'd be happy to have you and your nephew herf it up with us
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    So even though the bon fire Friday night has a cash bar available, how would BYOB go over???
  • Beavr81Beavr81 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 21
    Like you guys, this is my first time as well and can't wait to attend. I have to say i am very fortunate I have a good friend that has introduced me to everything and look forward to attending and having a great time. We're coming up on the 4th and staying to the 6th so look forward to maybe meeting new friends.
    ENFIDL:
    Bklyn78:

Welcome to the forum first off and this is my first CF as well. We'll be there in the parking lot. you can look for whoever is being the loudest and most obnoxious group that'll be us :p We'd be happy to have you and your nephew herf it up with us
    skweekz:
    So even though the bon fire Friday night has a cash bar available, how would BYOB go over???
    That's a good question that I don't have an answer to lol can't hurt to try I say
    ENFIDL:
    skweekz:
    That's a good question that I don't have an answer to lol can't hurt to try I say
    Haha exactly! Cash bar gets real expensive when I'm around.
  • bearbbearb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,044
    skweekz:
    //////not an issue....last year there were lots of parking lot trips, jingly pockets etc....just been smart about it, don;t make it an issue and things should be fine
  • bearbbearb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,044
    ps I have tickets for friday, hoping to make it there in time for thurday night with AJ and Alex, but timing will be tight given the length of drive....will post further plans as they evolve....much to do b4 then...would love to meet up with some of you....last year was a blast....noobs, better brace yourself for a pretty fun experience! ps alex is soooo generous with the forum boys, be sure to introduce yourself
    bearb:
    ps I have tickets for friday, hoping to make it there in time for thurday night with AJ and Alex, but timing will be tight given the length of drive....will post further plans as they evolve....much to do b4 then...would love to meet up with some of you....last year was a blast....noobs, better brace yourself for a pretty fun experience! ps alex is soooo generous with the forum boys, be sure to introduce yourself
    If you're referring to the Thursday night MOW event, I'll be there.
    bearb:
    skweekz:
    //////not an issue....last year there were lots of parking lot trips, jingly pockets etc....just been smart about it, don;t make it an issue and things should be fine
    This might be an opportunity for Mr. Flasky.
    skweekz:
    ENFIDL:
    skweekz:
    Camelbak full of liqour perhaps?
    ENFIDL:
    skweekz:
    ENFIDL:
    skweekz:
    Haha tried this before. Very...bad...idea!
    skweekz:
    ENFIDL:
    skweekz:
    ENFIDL:
    skweekz:
    Haha tried this before. Very...bad...idea!
    Wait tasted bad or ended bad? Because if it ended badly I'm still game :p
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,290
    ENFIDL:
    skweekz:
    ENFIDL:
    skweekz:
    I'd recomend against that.. Not sure if it was a bad bladder but the I did that once and the Grey Goose kinda melted the bladder and I could taste the plastic. Could have been a combination of 100 degree temps and the vodka though.
    bigfnsteve:
    ENFIDL:
    skweekz:
    ENFIDL:
    skweekz:
    I'd recomend against that.. Not sure if it was a bad bladder but the I did that once and the Grey Goose kinda melted the bladder and I could taste the plastic. Could have been a combination of 100 degree temps and the vodka though.
    +1 to all of this. Beer gets too shaken in it. Everything gets warm way too quick. Plus sucking any booze through a 3 foot straw is aweful. It's pretty much instant rot-gut to ruin whatever you're doing.
    Only a week away now!!
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    where we all meeting? Shorty Bonfire?
    Alex Svenson:
    Sounds good to me.
    skweekz:
    Alex Svenson:
    Sounds good to me.
    Absolutely.
    y2pascoe:
    skweekz:
    Alex Svenson:
    Sounds good to me.
    Absolutely.
    I do believe I owe you a drink and a La Traviata, correct?
    Alex Svenson:
    Yes sir we are! We got a pretty good group comin
    skweekz:
    y2pascoe:
    skweekz:
    Alex Svenson:
    Sounds good to me.
    Absolutely.
    I do believe I owe you a drink and a La Traviata, correct?
    That and a fist bump

• Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    Can we get a quick head count so I can grab some special gifts?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    I'll be there in spirit...will pm my address for special gift.Big Smile [:D]
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    j0z3r:
    I'll be there in spirit...will pm my address for special gift.Big Smile [:D]
    +1