Home General Discussion

CIGARfest 2012

LeftFiveLeftFive Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 181
I just noticed tickets are going on sale for this tomorrow morning at 5AM. Way to wait to the last minute!
I figured I'd swing by to see what the skinny was and couldn't find a thread about it. Is anyone going, or did something bad happen I missed?

Comments

• DSWarmackDSWarmack Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,426
    We all quit smoking cigars last week, now we just talk about them!
  • xIcedGuardianxxIcedGuardianx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 873
    DSWarmack:
    We all quit smoking cigars last week, now we just talk about them!
    Speak for yourself lol. Funny thing is, I could quit smoking them as long as I can still buy them. Anyways, I'm planning on scoring some tickets tomorrow so fingers crossed
  • slickricslickric Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 705
    god i would love to go...
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    would love to go but cant afford it now so wont try for tickets
  • LeftFiveLeftFive Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 181
    I'm gonna try to get tickets tomorrow! Hopefully the second day they added will make it easier to score a pair?

Warmack! Do you need anyone to dispose of your leftover sticks? I have a compost heap out back that would work well :D
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    LeftFive:
    I'm gonna try to get tickets tomorrow! Hopefully the second day they added will make it easier to score a pair?

If you didnt' already pre-register, the only way to get tickets is to wait for the CigarNut auction...unless you go to the sister's superstore

Ccom needs a superstore.
  • TridentTrident Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,005
    I went last year and it was a blast. Definitely waking up early to get tickets tomorrow. Trying to go friday. Anyone else going? If so what day are you planning on? Maybe we could stage a get together.
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    I would go, but I am not driving across the state. Especially on that terrible turnpike thing..
    Not even for a huge herf? I'm sure you coud find some small country roads to travel on f you not like turnpikes
  • bearbbearb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,044
    yes...hopefully the extra 3000 tickets will provide some relief....and they won't sell out in 6 seconds like last year. Hoping to score 2 tickets this year....but everyone else might as well sleep in, as there shouldn't be as big a demand :) seriously, best of luck to everyone trying to score tickets...it will likely be another crap shoot...be sure to post your 'winnings' and 'extra tickets'
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    scarlin:
    I would go, but I am not driving across the state. Especially on that terrible turnpike thing..
    honestly, its totally worth it. I went last year and had a real blast. Cant wait for this year. CIGAR FEST!!!!!
    Agree totally! Just scored 2 tickets for Friday.
    scored 4. see you there
    2 VIH for saturday
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    2 GA for friday
    Anyone hear how fast it sold out this year? I wonder if adding the extra day made any difference
    I had a 2nd browser window open in firefox (as a backup) and at 5:07 or so, when I went to close it.... it was sold out. and yes, the extra day seemed to make a difference...I think they sold 2000 extra tickets this year, with another 1000 coming :)
  • HockeyphanHockeyphan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5
    I was on the phone with 2 of my friends while we were trying to get tickets. We got 8 tickets for Saturday. I kept refreshing the screen & Saturday sold out in about 45 seconds & Friday was gone within 3 minutes.
  • GrazuhGrazuh Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 164
    I got 4 GA tickets + shirts for Saturday.
  • Andrew DzikoskiAndrew Dzikoski BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users, Trusted Users Posts: 338
    If you guys didn't get them this morning call them and ask to be put on the wait list they often have lots of cancelations and what not. I'll be there working the event. I get contracted out every year.
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    Well, I gotta tell ya, I'm pretty bummed. Stayed up waaaaaay too late last night at a super bowl party, and got up at 4:30 am to get these tickets; was logged on at 4:45, and by the time I entered my code number and reviewed my purchase (2 min, max) all the Sat. tickets were gone, and I couldn't try for a Friday purchase. At 5:03 I was sitting there bleary eyed wondering why in the hell I'd even bothered getting up!
  • xIcedGuardianxxIcedGuardianx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 873
    Also got 2 tickets for Friday GA for me and the girlfriend. Also got the shirts and hats. Beyond excited!
  • Tina ETina E BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users, Trusted Users Posts: 19
    I'll be there again helping out 5 Vegas! I can't wait to meet some of you guys (and gals)! Make sure to stop by and say hi!
    Tina E:
    I'll be there again helping out 5 Vegas! I can't wait to meet some of you guys (and gals)! Make sure to stop by and say hi!
    I'd love to, BUT I GOT NO TICKET!

If any of you who got tickets for Sat want to sell one, please let me know.
  • Andrew DzikoskiAndrew Dzikoski BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users, Trusted Users Posts: 338
    JDH:
    Tina E:

Get your self on the wait list should have good luck.
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    JDH:
    Tina E:

OK, I just got off the phone with 'em and am waitlisted for Sat...we shall see.
  • slickricslickric Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 705
    JDH:
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    JDH:
    Tina E:

im rooting for ya
  • LeftFiveLeftFive Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 181
    Gah. I set my alarm for 4:30pm like an idiot. Woke up at 10 after 5 anyways and thought I was good. Both days were sold out, so I entered a bid for the Cigar Nut tickets, not noticing they were for Saturday only. Here's hoping I don't win that bid and can get a pair on the waiting list for FRIDAY.

Moral of the story: Don't wake up before 6am, ever.
    slickric:
    JDH:
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    JDH:
    Tina E:

im rooting for ya
    Hey thanks rick. I could not believe that all those tickets were sold out within 3 minutes. I've been in kind of a fog all day - not near enough sleep. Anyway, who knows. If I don't get in, it won't be the end of the world.
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    Best bet for a gauranteed ticket is the auction but if you got on the wait list today you should have decent odds. Like others said, there are inevitably some people that just buy the max then realize a friend or two can't go and they go back into the pot. Happens every year. Now for the real question, where are we all meeting to have a cigar and rub elbows???