Home General Discussion

CIGARfest 2012

Comments

• Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 771
    If I had it my way I would be ther Thursday for the man of war event but it's easier for me to get time off from work so I will only be there sat and sun. I'm staying at split rock so benchwarmers would be another good place to meet. I down to meet Up even at sat show don't know to mAny people that love cigars like me so that a big reason why I'm going. New York is so liberal.
  • JGKAMINJGKAMIN Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 92
    JGKAMIN:
    I got my tix for Friday but am in need of 1 more GA ticket. If anybody has any available please drop me an email at JGKAMIN@yahoo.com thanks!
    Missed the boat on one on eBay, so I'm still looking for one ticket for Friday.
    So what is the difference in design on the day 1 and day 2 shirt and hat? I got Friday and they have a La Aurora logo embroidered into each, I'm guessing Saturdays has a different brand?
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    JGKAMIN:
    So what is the difference in design on the day 1 and day 2 shirt and hat? I got Friday and they have a La Aurora logo embroidered into each, I'm guessing Saturdays has a different brand?
    I'd guess that too. My Saturday shirts will be here Monday or Tuesday so I'll know then and let you know.
    Got another question,. If you have an extra ticket that you get stuck with, can you go through the line and get all your stuff, exit out take it to your car and then go through the line with your second ticket and get all the goods for the ticket, shirt and hat again? Do they mark the clothes to know they already paid out for them?
    JGKAMIN:
    Got another question,. If you have an extra ticket that you get stuck with, can you go through the line and get all your stuff, exit out take it to your car and then go through the line with your second ticket and get all the goods for the ticket, shirt and hat again? Do they mark the clothes to know they already paid out for them?
    Last year they marked the shirt on the sleeve so they knew you'd already received those "bonus" items. I can't speak for the hat as I didn't have one. I'd imagine this year will be the same. So you're only entitled one "bonus" pack per shirt and hat. Each ticket would entitle you to the freebies included with the ticket. So you could probably just go through the line with both tickets and get all those sticks and whatever else they're giving away this year. If it were me, I'd try to sell the ticket. There's definitely people looking for them.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    skweekz:
    JGKAMIN:
    Last year they marked the shirt on the sleeve so they knew you'd already received those "bonus" items. I can't speak for the hat as I didn't have one. I'd imagine this year will be the same. So you're only entitled one "bonus" pack per shirt and hat. Each ticket would entitle you to the freebies included with the ticket. So you could probably just go through the line with both tickets and get all those sticks and whatever else they're giving away this year. If it were me, I'd try to sell the ticket. There's definitely people looking for them.
    last year we had an extra ticket for one of the guys here that couldn't make it and we just got with Alex before the event and he made sure we could get his stuff while we went through the line the first time. we also went around and got all his free stuff inside with his ticket book. The staff from here and CI run the lines through and they are all pretty cool. Just let them know what's going on and I'm sure they will be alright with helping you out.
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    JGKAMIN:
    When you go around, you can hand the booth two tickets at once and get two cigars. If it is a shirt wearer thing, you would need to explain that to those folks when you get there to get those items. But cigars at the booths, no problem. Last year I had a guy hand me 6 at the same time.
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    JGKAMIN:
    I got my tix for Friday but am in need of 1 more GA ticket. If anybody has any available please drop me an email at JGKAMIN@yahoo.com thanks!
    Get your name on the wait list stat. Some people had to cancel there orders so if you get on the wait list, your odds are pretty good.
    Alex Svenson:
    JGKAMIN:

Get your name on the wait list stat. Some people had to cancel there orders so if you get on the wait list, your odds are pretty good.
    Thanks, but I'm good on tix now. I was on the waiting list and also had some fine fellows from here email me.
    JGKAMIN:
    Saturday's shirts have the Nestor Miranda logo embroidered on the sleeve.
    There nice shirts I got ones for sat but a MOW symbol would have been better or ave Maria.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Got mine and y2pascoe's stuff in today! Getting very excited
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Once all plans are set, can someone let me know if there is going to be a meet up? I am not getting tickets but I would like to come out and meet some of you guys and smoke a few.
    rwheelwright:
    Once all plans are set, can someone let me know if there is going to be a meet up? I am not getting tickets but I would like to come out and meet some of you guys and smoke a few.
    I'm working on getting it planned right now brother. Waiting to hear back from Alex before I post anything up in here
    ENFIDL:
    rwheelwright:
    I'm working on getting it planned right now brother. Waiting to hear back from Alex before I post anything up in here
    Count me in
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    Everyone figure out their accommodations? Elijah, are you and the Swede planning something?
    Who's up for the Man O' War event Thursday night???
  • bearbbearb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,044
    Going to try to make it....but the 8 hour drive right after work + the border crossing will make it really tight for me....but that is my goal!! Alex made that event monumentous for me and my posse last year.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    ENFIDL:
    rwheelwright:
    Great! Thanks man!
    y2pascoe:
    Everyone figure out their accommodations? Elijah, are you and the Swede planning something?
    Trying to. Haven't heard back from him since our last email exchange though. And I know all of us NOVA bork's have our accommodations set up.
    ENFIDL:
    y2pascoe:
    Trying to. Haven't heard back from him since our last email exchange though. And I know all of us NOVA bork's have our accommodations set up.
    Where are you guys staying?
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    For anyone looking for a cheap room near by, I stayed at and will be again staying at the Blakeslee Inn. $60 for a clean motel room. Nothing fancy, but its only for sleeping. And there are smoking rooms.
    Ok so from my chats with Alex, waiting on another reply right now, he said he can come hang out for a lil bit with us as we tailgate before the doors open to general public. So we will be having the official Friday tailgate at Smoke Em If You Got Em's car. Someone will have to coordinate Sat's. Then I'm thinking a great chance for all of us to herf would be a brunch at The Wooden Match on Sat morning. It's a restaurant owned by CI that allows smoking. It'd be a great way for all of the Fri and Sat bork's to get together. I was thinking 11 am on Sat morning. Thoughts?

Friday Tailgate Attendees:
    ENFIDL
    Smoke Em If You Got Em
    Stephen_Hannibal
    Iced_Guardian+1
    y2pascoe

Fri Night Diesel Bonfire with Shorty Rossi and Alex Svenson:
    ENFIDL
    Smoke Em If You Got Em
    Stephen_Hannibal
    Iced_Guardian+1
    y2pascoe
    skweekz
    beavr81
    Trident+3
    bearb+1
    PsychoSJG+1
    Bklyn78 +1

Sat 11AM Wooden Match Brunch:
    ENFIDL
    Smoke Em If You Got Em
    Stephen_Hannibal
    Iced_Guardian+1
    Gaetano7890 (possibly)
    y2pascoe (possibly)
    JHewey (possibly)

ENFIDL:
    Ok so from my chats with Alex, waiting on another reply right now, he said he can come hang out for a lil bit with us as we tailgate before the doors open to general public. So we will be having the official Friday tailgate at Smoke Em If You Got Em's car. Someone will have to coordinate Sat's. Then I'm thinking a great chance for all of us to herf would be a brunch at The Wooden Match on Sat morning. It's a restaurant owned by CI that allows smoking. It'd be a great way for all of the Fri and Sat bork's to get together. I was thinking 10 am on Sat morning. Thoughts?
    What time are you looking at hanging out on Friday?
    skweekz:
    ENFIDL:
    Ok so from my chats with Alex, waiting on another reply right now, he said he can come hang out for a lil bit with us as we tailgate before the doors open to general public. So we will be having the official Friday tailgate at Smoke Em If You Got Em's car. Someone will have to coordinate Sat's. Then I'm thinking a great chance for all of us to herf would be a brunch at The Wooden Match on Sat morning. It's a restaurant owned by CI that allows smoking. It'd be a great way for all of the Fri and Sat bork's to get together. I was thinking 10 am on Sat morning. Thoughts?
    What time are you looking at hanging out on Friday?
    Whenever we get there until the doors open
    I think I could make Sat morning at the wooden match. I know the guy I'm going with wants to hit up the oliva event at the ci store so i see e a lot of cigars in my future. Also is anyone going be around Sunday cause I'm all about breakfast and cigars at the wooden match for the bender ender? It lie 20 bucks for all you can eat and smoke.
    E, does anyone have anything lined up for Friday night? We'll be coming into town late afternoon so Friday after the event I'll be up for whatever wherever.
    skweekz:
    ENFIDL:
    y2pascoe:
    Where are you guys staying?
    I'm at the Comfort Inn, in White Haven. It's on one of the shuttle routes. I'm getting there Thursday, leaving Saturday morning.