Home General Discussion

CIGARfest 2012

Comments

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Alex Svenson:
    Best bet for a gauranteed ticket is the auction but if you got on the wait list today you should have decent odds. Like others said, there are inevitably some people that just buy the max then realize a friend or two can't go and they go back into the pot. Happens every year. Now for the real question, where are we all meeting to have a cigar and rub elbows???
    I'm not getting tickets but if I can I'd be up for meeting some of you guys somewhere. Keep me posted!
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Alex Svenson:
    Best bet for a gauranteed ticket is the auction but if you got on the wait list today you should have decent odds. Like others said, there are inevitably some people that just buy the max then realize a friend or two can't go and they go back into the pot. Happens every year. Now for the real question, where are we all meeting to have a cigar and rub elbows???
    Let's get this mega-herf planned! Alex I'll email you and we'll get this ish set up
    I know me, Smoke Em, xIcedGuardianx and his gf are all gonna represent NOVA there
  • xIcedGuardianxxIcedGuardianx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 873
    ENFIDL:
    I know me, Smoke Em, xIcedGuardianx and his gf are all gonna represent NOVA there
    THIS!!!!
  • slickricslickric Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 705
    xIcedGuardianx:
    ENFIDL:
    THIS!!!!
    Screw you guys, super jealouse and hating over here. Feel like the wierd kid at the school dance ( all left out). Maybe next year
  • TridentTrident Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,005
    Alex, and everyone else...would love to meet up with you guys for a great huge herf...let me know when this is gonna happen.
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    Trident:
    Alex, and everyone else...would love to meet up with you guys for a great huge herf...let me know when this is gonna happen.

+1 to this. I'll be in town Saturday morning and staying over. I'm good anytime Saturday.
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    Seems like a lot of CCOM guys are going this year. We should get some kind of hat/shirt/pin/etc to be able to spot eachother
    Good idea...but the problem with a hat or shirt is that you should we their shrt and hat to get the extra stuff...maybe a patch that can be sewn onto the one they give us? Phil and I will be there most likely Thursday through Saturday.
  • slickricslickric Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 705
    when me and my buddies would do stuff like this we would just put a couple safe-T pins on our left sleeve because not everyone enjoys wearing hats (myself) but everyone has to have a shirt on. Plus, the pins are cheap and easy to find, so you don't have to purchase any special patches or anything and everyone can be uniform and easy to spot. Plus, no sewing.
  • bearbbearb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,044
    Alex Svenson:
    ////certainly goes without saying, but Alex treated the forum boys....and everyone with TOTAL CLASS last year! As per hiding, he didn't do a great job at that last year...generally quite hard to hide a 6' 5" swede guy who knows everyone....glad to say not all of the 3000 botls knew him. Looking forward to it again Alex...while I have tickets for Friday, but expect to be around for the duration. Hoping to meet a lot of the rest of you also. I am sure the details will begin to unfold over time on here.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    I doubt I'll get tickets to the event, but I'd definitely drive the hour or so out to meet up with you guys if that would be allowed.
    Anyone else going? Hopefully we can organize the 1st CCOM HERF!
  • BillyQ30115BillyQ30115 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1
    hey guys this is my first post here..but definitely not my first CFest..I'm super stoked for this years festival..can't freaking wait to get this show on the road!!
    BillyQ30115:
    hey guys this is my first post here..but definitely not my first CFest..I'm super stoked for this years festival..can't freaking wait to get this show on the road!!
    Welcome aboard and glad to have you. This will be my first Cigarfest do I am so ready to get started!
  • LeftFiveLeftFive Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 181
    Does Saturday look like the day? I'm still waiting to see if I get outbid on the Saturday ticket I accidentally put in for. I originally wanted Friday, on paper it looked like the better day?
    As a consolation, I was thinking about coming down Thursday just to do all the free stuff if I don't get any tickets. It's only a 3 hour drive, and with the car to myself or just buddies, no one's gonna complain if I smoke the whole trip!
    My vote would be for Thursday after the MOW event and during one of those bonfires.
    So I won 1 Saturday ticket, and just put a bid on 2 Friday tickets. If I win the pair for Friday, the Saturday ticket will be up for grabs; I'm not worried about taking a hit as long as it goes to a good home. I'll update when the auction is over. Good luck to anyone else who's in the running :)
    LeftFive:
    So I won 1 Saturday ticket, and just put a bid on 2 Friday tickets. If I win the pair for Friday, the Saturday ticket will be up for grabs; I'm not worried about taking a hit as long as it goes to a good home. I'll update when the auction is over. Good luck to anyone else who's in the running :)
    A buddy of mine is looking for a Saturday ticket. If this goes up for sale I'll take it off your hands.
    Won my 2 Friday tickets, phew! PM inbound skweez!
    LeftFive:
    Won my 2 Friday tickets, phew! PM inbound skweez!
    And replied good sir
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    Looks like I'm in, Borks! Taking ENFIDL's extra ticket off his hands for the Friday show. Looking forward to herfing with the best of 'em!
    Hell yeah brother! Very excited that you're joining us all there
    y2pascoe:
    Looks like I'm in, Borks! Taking ENFIDL's extra ticket off his hands for the Friday show. Looking forward to herfing with the best of 'em!
    Awesome! Looking forward to seeing you there. It's going to be an incredible time!
    Hey I don't know if anyone's booked rooms yet, but I made a few phone calls this morning and got the impression rooms are going quick. Called the 1-800 number on the Cigarfest site and they told me there was an influx of calls and to try back later. Best Western was booked. Called the Comfort Inn, White Haven and all they had left was a king size smoking (unfortunately) room, so I jumped on it. I can live with the smoking room, as long as I got access to that shuttle. I'll be getting there Thursday evening, leaving Saturday morning.

I'm excited!
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 771

New on site but not to cigars, first cigar fest but am def down to meet some of you guys.  A buddy from work and I will be at the Sat VIH he's the only person I know that loves cigars enought to go so I need to meet some more.  Just an idea but the all you can eat breakfast and cigars at the wooden match Sunday morning sounds like a place to meet?

Plans have changed... For the better! I'll now be going up Friday afternoon and leaving Sunday morning. I'm good to meet up either day, although Friday would be easier. Any thoughts from the group?
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    Where were all you guys last year when I had money and was able to go?! Don't get me wrong, I had a blast with the couple of guys that did make it but that was only like 5 of us :-P
    skweekz:
    Plans have changed... For the better! I'll now be going up Friday afternoon and leaving Sunday morning. I'm good to meet up either day, although Friday would be easier. Any thoughts from the group?
    Giddy'up!
  • JGKAMINJGKAMIN Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 92
    I got my tix for Friday but am in need of 1 more GA ticket. If anybody has any available please drop me an email at JGKAMIN@yahoo.com thanks!