Home General Discussion

NOVA Herf

Comments

• tincup703tincup703 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 58
    The Army-Navy game is on tv around 3:00, so that will probably pull in some folks to the lounge area as well. No roller, but Carol's email did mention "food"!
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    Hey fellas...looks like I am going to try and make it to the herf going down this afternoon. Wife wants to get some shopping done in NOVA and I want to smoke cigars..looks like it could be a win win for the both of us. I should be rolling in there around 430pm if all goes as planned. Looking forward to meeting you BORKS!!
  • xIcedGuardianxxIcedGuardianx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 873
    smoke em if you got em:
    Hey fellas...looks like I am going to try and make it to the herf going down this afternoon. Wife wants to get some shopping done in NOVA and I want to smoke cigars..looks like it could be a win win for the both of us. I should be rolling in there around 430pm if all goes as planned. Looking forward to meeting you BORKS!!
    Awesome! Glad you can make it!
    so yesterday's herf was great! Thanks to all who came out. Mr. Argenti of Berger and Argenti is a class act and I really enjoyed his cigars. I can't wait for another NOVA Herf!! Hopefully the number of participants will increase even more with the next one.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    Yeah, we had a good time. Nice meeting up with forum members, and had some great smokes. I was very impressed with the B&A line, and between what I purchased and what I won in the raffle took home two boxes of cigars. (Al signed both of them for me). The Entubar Quad Maduro is incredible. The center core of ligero really catches you. I smoked this one practically to the cap, it never got harsh on me.

Saylor's is a great, family owned shop. Nice folks and a great place to hang out. Highly recommend checking them out if you are in the area.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Def a great time yesterday! Berger and argenti are great smokes and Al was awesome in explaining their cigars and was just a great guy. Sorry I didn't get to stay that long yesterday. Busy busy day! I'm thinking we need to have a new years day herf, what do you crazy borks think of that?
    I'm in! I'll find out if they will be open (Saylor's). I'm hanging out with Andrew ( the sun) tomorrow afternoon so I'll ask.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    I might be able to make it up there for something on new years day. Where do you guys meet up? I have family in VA Beach that I am planning on visiting so I will be close.
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    Sorry I didnt make it to the herf on Saturday..had to handle some personal problems @ the house. Looking forward to meeting you BORK's one of these days.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    smoke em if you got em:
    Sorry I didnt make it to the herf on Saturday..had to handle some personal problems @ the house. Looking forward to meeting you BORK's one of these days.
    I second that. It's like I'm trying to play catch up on life right now.

stephen_hannibal:
    smoke em if you got em:

We definitely hope to meet you two BORKs soon!
    ejenne87:
    I might be able to make it up there for something on new years day. Where do you guys meet up? I have family in VA Beach that I am planning on visiting so I will be close.
    Actually, from VB it is still about a three hour drive to Manassas.
    zoom6zoom:
    ejenne87:
    Actually, from VB it is still about a three hour drive to Manassas.
    Damn, that's a bit of a haul! Well I guess I'll have to see what happens when the day gets here. I'm always up for a road trip, but a road trip while nursing a hangover is no fun at all. I'll have to let you guys know.
    stephen_hannibal:
    smoke em if you got em:

I was told.."you can still go to your thing" but I wasnt falling for that line..lol
    Are you guys still planning on doing a New Years day herf? I'll be up in VA Beach and I'd love to join you if this is still a go??
    Unfortunately I'll be working a 12.5 hr night shift that night and the night after now to cover for a co-worker of mine. So I sadly cannot make this one :(
    ENFIDL:
    Unfortunately I'll be working a 12.5 hr night shift that night and the night after now to cover for a co-worker of mine. So I sadly cannot make this one :(
    Major bummer! Ohwell.. You gotta do what you gotta do, bro. As for me, I'm close by so I be there even if no one else shows. Anyone else coming? Kevin? Hannibal? Everyone else?
    xIcedGuardianx:
    ENFIDL:
    Major bummer! Ohwell.. You gotta do what you gotta do, bro. As for me, I'm close by so I be there even if no one else shows. Anyone else coming? Kevin? Hannibal? Everyone else?
    Yeah it sucks but I'm helping out a good friend of mine by working his shifts so he can do something really important to him so it's all good. There will many a herf to come!
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    New Year's herf? Oh man... I will try to make it up for this. I'm off work that day. Sounds like a great way to recover from the night before.
    I can probably make it, depending on the time. I usually don't go out the evening before, which I refer to as "amateur night". Have we determined if they are open on the first?
    They were open Christmas Day so I see no reason why not, but I'll confirm
    4ish, like before?
    OK! They are officially open on Saturday so we should be all set. Im actually getting over a cold so I can't WAIT to have a cigar!! Whos all coming?
    zoom6zoom:
    4ish, like before?
    Sounds good to me, don't want to do it too early..some recovering may need to take place for some folks lol
    Im now wondering if the turnout would be better if we postponed it a week? What say you? I'm getting the vibe that no one will come....
  • letashaneletashane Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 28
    I hope to catch the next one....
    I'm playing it by ear right now, not feeling so great, but will drop in around that time if I'm feeling better.
    zoom6zoom:
    I'm playing it by ear right now, not feeling so great, but will drop in around that time if I'm feeling better.
    It's looking the same for me.. I want to be there, just have to see how it goes.
    Did you guys get together or did you reschedule until next week?
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    ENFIDL:
    Did you guys get together or did you reschedule until next week?
    Next week?