Home General Discussion

NOVA Herf

ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
Ok since our Cali brothers have their own thread so shall we NOVA borks! lol The Cali brothers were extremely generous and awesome to me when I was in their area and we had an awesome time herf'ing. I proclaim it is now our time to herf. I'm thinking next Saturday the 20th of November be the first annual NOVA herf and to celebrate Icedguardian's B-day. I'd like to invite any and all brothers in the NOVA, DC, MD areas to join us. Suggestions on places are appreciated. Let's do this!

Comments

• ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Also if any brothers from out of town ever visit the area hit us up and we will do whatever we can to get together and herf with you!
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    When the heck did you come out here????
    I was down in SOCAL brother. I was out there middle of Sept. Herf'ed with Leonard, Joe and Tim down in Temecula. I was in Riverside for work for a week. They were extremely awesome and generous and welcomed me with open arms. That herf made my trip!
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    call this a stupid question but does NOVA mean Nova Scotia?
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Hayblet:
    call this a stupid question but does NOVA mean Nova Scotia?
    i was wondering the same thing, lol
    NOVA=Northern Virginia. Not a stupid question at all.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    I would probably be down for this. I'm in Richmond, so anywhere in NOVA or DC area is good for me.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    As long as I'm not working I could make the trip. My brother lives in VA beach so it wont be too far from him.
  • xIcedGuardianxxIcedGuardianx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 873
    Wow You wernt kidding about gettng this going. Just not sure where to have it but I'm sure we can figure something out. I'm super stoked now!!
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Are you serious?!? The day I'm going out of town!

stephen_hannibal:

Maybe a different day? What about the Saturday after Thanksgiving? I dunno
    stephen_hannibal:

We can always change the date brother. Although I know you will be out of town for a few weeks if I remember correctly? We should try to make this a monthly herf if at all possible.
    ENFIDL:
    stephen_hannibal:

We can always change the date brother. Although I know you will be out of town for a few weeks if I remember correctly? We should try to make this a monthly herf if at all possible.
    + 1 for it being monthly. Maybe we should go ahead and have one as planned and then have one a couple weeks after he gets back?
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    xIcedGuardianx:
    ENFIDL:
    stephen_hannibal:

+ 1 for it being monthly. Maybe we should go ahead and have one as planned and then have one a couple weeks after he gets back?
    Guardian is right... one monkey doesn't stop the show.

What works best for everybody? This coming up weekend or Thanksgiving weekend? I'm good either way. You guys into poker?
    Probably this coming weekend would work the best.. Just see what everyone else can do cause either way works if necessary
    stephen_hannibal:
    xIcedGuardianx:
    ENFIDL:
    stephen_hannibal:

Def. want you there, bro, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Let us know when you are back so we can plan another one asap. Also, I'm down for just a few of us hanging out and smoking
    xIcedGuardianx:
    stephen_hannibal:
    xIcedGuardianx:
    ENFIDL:
    stephen_hannibal:

Def. want you there, bro, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Let us know when you are back so we can plan another one asap. Also, I'm down for just a few of us hanging out and smoking
    Def brother! I know that Hard Times in Manassas has a smoking area now. They met the state code recently on having a smoking area so that's an option. Too bad there's no B&M's around us that have a smoking area.
    Actually the one I go to is a new one in manassas called Saylor's Cigars and Gifts. They have big leather couches and two flatscreens. It's across from the Walmart on Liberia Ave. Google them
    Say what? OMG we're totally herf'ing there! Ok what time would be good for everybody? I'm good anytime Saturday. We can also grab some food if you bork's wanna do that as well.
    Sounds awesome! Anytime should be good, let's just make sure other BORKs are down. Should we mention to the people at Saylors we are doing this or does it matter?
    We could the way their site reads we don't have to but if it's gonna be more than 3 of us I say we should. I'm excited. This place sounds awesome and to get to herf with some bork's in the area is gonna rock!
    Pm to you ENFIDL
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Next weekend would work best for me.
  • tincup703tincup703 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 58
    Saylors in Manassas would be a good place for a NOVA herf, I stop by there a couple times a week. It's a small place but friendly and their prices seem pretty fair. It's in a strip mall so parking isn't an issue.
    Ok so Saturday we shall herf at Saylors since that's good for Doc, and Guardian, myself and hopefully Tincup and any others who would like to join us. How's 5 sound? We could have a smoke, go grab some chipolte, and then enjoy another smoke. I'll bring cards and chips for poker if anybody wants to play
    Sounds great to me!
  • TGOTGO Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 333
    ENFIDL:
    I was down in SOCAL brother. I was out there middle of Sept. Herf'ed with Leonard, Joe and Tim down in Temecula. I was in Riverside for work for a week. They were extremely awesome and generous and welcomed me with open arms. That herf made my trip!
    image Good times for sure!!! Congrats on starting the Nova herf tradition and thread... kinda envious of the BBQ you all got back there and look forward to seeing pics of your herfin exploits!!! Best regards, Tim
    TGO:
    ENFIDL:
    image Good times for sure!!! Congrats on starting the Nova herf tradition and thread... kinda envious of the BBQ you all got back there and look forward to seeing pics of your herfin exploits!!! Best regards, Tim
    OH MAN! Tim those were def good times! You awesome brothers inspired me, I'm really excited to find more brothers in my area to be able to do this with. If you ever find yourself out this way a herf shall happen and BBQ as well! Hope you are doing well Tim! That Kinky Friedman stick was awesome! Thanks again brother!
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    Too short notice for me, unfortunately. Already have plans conflicting with plans, without even considering the gun show that weekend.