Home General Discussion

I was bored at work today so I made the "Stogie Stand"

Comments

• RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    danielzreyes:
    Rhamlin:
    Oops just read thru more of the thread. Hope you've been able to make headway on the patent thing. Really looks like you got a hit brother way to go!
    Where do you live?
    sorry brother just getting round to checking out the threads. Thanks for the pm.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    twistedstem:
    i was very fortunate to get one in the very first go round.found it very cool to get a "prototype". the first time i used it in the garage while working on the car.was great put it anywhere with out worrying abiut it rolling around or burning anything.now i take it everywhere just in case i get a chance to smoke.thank you again sir..
    +1 easy to transport .. Can you make one with an umbrella for here in the NW we need it!! Thanks again Daniel
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Looks very technical...what are you making this time?
    danielzreyes:
    Busy
    Same thing Rip, stogie stands. It's a lot of manual labor.
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    I wish I had your skills. I have no technical skills.
    danielzreyes:
    rzaman:
    I wish I had your skills. I have no technical skills.
    danielzreyes:
    Thank you Rip. I appreciate that. I learned it all from my Father. He's an electrician/contractor. I've been around tools all my life.
    danielzreyes:
    :)
    Nice Daniel!!
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    Maybe a sticky bottom for the dashboard....
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Well I want to throw my .02 in here and let you know I seriously support you too bro! Like everybody else here, I can very easily see these becoming a marketable product (they are already, as I'm sure you've seen with your demand!). Without a doubt I know I would've used the Stogie Stand, probably most of the time I enjoyed a cigar.

In regard to the business aspect of this, there's a few ideas that occurred to me that might smooth the way for production, but I don't want to feel like I'm giving some sort of unsolicited lecture lol... so if you want, and find the time, shoot me a PM (or I think my email is in my profile, that'd be better) and we can chat.
    (I'm not *entirely* crazy, I promise. I'm not a patent attorney or anything, but since 2009 I've worked freelance consulting on small business development; I just dig being a part of new ventures, and might even be interested in investing.)
    Courtesy of Daniel Williams (Toombes)
    Uploaded with Snapbucket (Original)
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    danielzreyes:
    Courtesy of Daniel Williams (Toombes)
    Uploaded with Snapbucket (Original)
    damn, this is getting uper exciting to see this all coming together. Where can I place an order? Do you have a web front end yet?
    I sent Todd and Joe one already. I have a stash set aside when all of us meet up for the next So Ca. herf. I don't know when that will be though. Go ahead and tell me where you live James and I'll send one out to you. I'm hoping that SoCa herfs doesn't die out.
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    danielzreyes:
    I sent Todd and Joe one already. I have a stash set aside when all of us meet up for the next So Ca. herf. I don't know when that will be though. Go ahead and tell me where you live James and I'll send one out to you. I'm hoping that SoCa herfs doesn't die out.
    It's all good bro, save your cash. I'm willing to pay for it so we can exchange at the next herf. I tried to get one for this weekend but work called, as always.
    james40:
    danielzreyes:
    It's all good bro, save your cash. I'm willing to pay for it so we can exchange at the next herf. I tried to get one for this weekend but work called, as always.
    give me your addy.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Somehow I missed this thread.
    Railjocky, robbyras and bigharpoon's pictures would make excellent advertising pics.
    Nothing wrong everyone else's pictures, just that those 3 pictures popped out at me.

Very cool and ingenious. As for cost, I'd easily buy one at the B&M if it were under $10.
    Less than $10 is easy for someone to pay, especially when they are already paying $6-$20 for a cigar.

It even occurred to me as I was reading through this thread, that with a few of those, it would be easy to make a custom made ashtray in any configuration you wanted.

Anyway, I somehow missed this entire thread and just wanted to say how impressive that is.

When you get set up to sell them, let me know so I can make a purchase.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    Sorry I owe this
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android AppAnd this
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
    I know this is a lancero stand and I've got a corona in it but, I think it's a cool pic.. Thanks Daniel!!! image
  • Chips2481Chips2481 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 49
    What material is it?  Looks like a stone of some sort.
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    Chips2481:
    I'm thinking Corian

• ehehatehehat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,534
    Yeah, this thing is friggin' awesome. Thanks again Daniel!
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    webmost:
    Chips2481:
    I'm thinking Corian

Its 100% genuine corian ...... This I know. LOL
    kingjk729:
    webmost:
    Chips2481:
    I'm thinking Corian

We also have generic brands like Basix but the ones I have sent out are Corian.
  • Chips2481Chips2481 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 49
    kingjk729:
    webmost:
    Chips2481:
    I'm thinking Corian

Ah, yes kitchen counter-top material.  That is why I recognized it.  Good heat resistance a definite plus.
  • Gino USMCGino USMC Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 127
    New to this site, and I love this. I would love to buy one if you still make these. When is the next herf?
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    1st off: these things are fuckin awesome looking.

2nd: I need one. Bad. What's a BOTL gotta do to make that happen?

3rd: DR, if you would do me the honor of letting me be an official paying customer, I would gladly purchase 3 of these at whatever rate you feel is fair. Not only do I really want a few of these (3 actually, because I usually smoke with my big brother and my dad), but I would REALLY like to support you for your awesome idea and hard work making these!
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    BigT06:
    1st off: these things are fuckin awesome looking.

2nd: I need one. Bad. What's a BOTL gotta do to make that happen?

3rd: DR, if you would do me the honor of letting me be an official paying customer, I would gladly purchase 3 of these at whatever rate you feel is fair. Not only do I really want a few of these (3 actually, because I usually smoke with my big brother and my dad), but I would REALLY like to support you for your awesome idea and hard work making these!
    He won't accept cash so just do what the rest of us have and bomb the Pi55 outta him! LOL, love you Dan!
  • Andrew DzikoskiAndrew Dzikoski BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users, Trusted Users Posts: 338
    Might I suggest flushing mounting a small but strong magnet in the base be good to have a stable place when working on a car.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    Might I suggest flushing mounting a small but strong magnet in the base be good to have a stable place when working on a car.
    This is a great idea to add to an already great idea. Good on you Andy.