Home General Discussion

I was bored at work today so I made the "Stogie Stand"

Comments

• VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    Damn son! No matter where they are going I think everyone will agree.... Thanks brother. Thats a super stand up thing to do!
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    yes indeed brother hopefully down the line karma will repay for this knid act
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Vision:
    Damn son! No matter where they are going I think everyone will agree.... Thanks brother. Thats a super stand up thing to do!
    +1
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    Thats awesome Daniel. And generous. Word of mouth is a powerful thing too!
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Lmk when you get more Daniel. I don't use an ash tray due to my nephew, so my cutter is a stand lol. This would be perfect.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    catfishbluezz:
    Lmk when you get more Daniel. I don't use an ash tray due to my nephew, so my cutter is a stand lol. This would be perfect.
    you're definitely getting one Dustin.
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    It's the generosity of the BoTL on the forum that keeps me coming back! Awesome job, guy with the really cool name!
    Daniel, when are you making the Stogie Stand FTW shirts?
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    Awesome, Can't wait to see pics of all of those in action...standing stogies
  • tkohlertkohler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 70
    I'm interested in one or two if you make or have more, willing to send some paypal or sticks back to cover shipping.
    danielzreyes:
    catfishbluezz:
    you're definitely getting one Dustin.
    let me know, I'll PayPal you the funds
  • ccezarccezar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 97
    Nice Stogie Stands. What's a guy gotta do to get a couple?
  • JLonsinger2011JLonsinger2011 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 258
    I'd take 2 or 3!
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    I cannot believe that you can't patent this. Not to start a family feud, but have you gotten a second opinion? I mean, if Gene Simmons can patent a dollar sign on a bag...
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    That's such a good idea , I just wish u could patent them, I'm sure cigar shops all over would order for there stores. Anyways they look great .
    Ken Light:
    I cannot believe that you can't patent this. Not to start a family feud, but have you gotten a second opinion? I mean, if Gene Simmons can patent a dollar sign on a bag...
    My brother inlaw is still looking into it. He's also having a few of his lawyer people/friends .... look into it was well. What makes it diifficult is it's a mixture of trying to patent an Idea, (a stand for cigars) vs. a product ( the "stogie stand") What makes it even more complicated is that I'm using material from my work place. Let's say this product takes off like hotcakes. Someway somehow the company I work for has to get involved as I don't have the material/resources to make it on my own. Complicated. For now I'm just proud that I made something on my own and share it with you guys because I honestly find the stogie stand to be very usefull.
    danielzreyes:
    Ken Light:
    My brother inlaw is still looking into it. He's also having a few of his lawyer people/friends .... look into it was well. What makes it diifficult is it's a mixture of trying to patent an Idea, (a stand for cigars) vs. a product ( the "stogie stand") What makes it even more complicated is that I'm using material from my work place. Let's say this product takes off like hotcakes. Someway somehow the company I work for has to get involved as I don't have the material/resources to make it on my own. Complicated. For now I'm just proud that I made something on my own and share it with you guys because I honestly find the stogie stand to be very usefull.
    I use it everyday. You done good Danielson.
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    danielzreyes:
    Ken Light:
    So patent the product, need prints of each size, can be made out of other material, unique logo. Fine, material sizes for let's say 500 of each size. This discussion should now be done off here now pm me. Can you make them away from company? You could have resources..... ....
  • bearbbearb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,044
    Some rambling thoughts, written while my students complete a test. :) Cigar.com : Any thought given to involving Alex in this adventure? I am sure Cigar.com might quickly become a vendor for such an accessory. It would be easy to control, market and solicit immediate feedback in these forums. It could get a quick video review, discussion in the newsleter and even perhaps make it into the warehouse for the other 'sisters' to market if they so chose as well. Customized Momento: As well, with a few timely connections, the market could be penetrated slowly...or as fast as you could conveniently produce them. They could be customized, imprinted with words, images, or even your own name. The potential for such a useful and inexpensive product are huge. Also, think weddings, babies, etc..all the places non-cigar smoking ppl give or get cigars. If you were able to inprint the name, date, etc. of the event, it could be used to very nicely display the 'baby boy/girl' cigar, or 'just married...bobby and sue, april 1, 2013'...etc. Anyway, just some random thoughts. And i agree with the difficulty of patenting the product. A lot of complications..for little gains. While i think others might grab the idea, make their own...the trouble is too large if they r priced right...ie. why fiddle making it if you can buy it for a few bucks. Think 'pet rock', original idea, not unique product...but the marketing and packaging make it a 'product.'
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    bearb:
    Some rambling thoughts, written while my students complete a test. :) Cigar.com : Any thought given to involving Alex in this adventure? I am sure Cigar.com might quickly become a vendor for such an accessory. It would be easy to control, market and solicit immediate feedback in these forums. It could get a quick video review, discussion in the newsleter and even perhaps make it into the warehouse for the other 'sisters' to market if they so chose as well. Customized Momento: As well, with a few timely connections, the market could be penetrated slowly...or as fast as you could conveniently produce them. They could be customized, imprinted with words, images, or even your own name. The potential for such a useful and inexpensive product are huge. Also, think weddings, babies, etc..all the places non-cigar smoking ppl give or get cigars. If you were able to inprint the name, date, etc. of the event, it could be used to very nicely display the 'baby boy/girl' cigar, or 'just married...bobby and sue, april 1, 2013'...etc. Anyway, just some random thoughts. And i agree with the difficulty of patenting the product. A lot of complications..for little gains. While i think others might grab the idea, make their own...the trouble is too large if they r priced right...ie. why fiddle making it if you can buy it for a few bucks. Think 'pet rock', original idea, not unique product...but the marketing and packaging make it a 'product.'
    +1 i was also thinking maybe your favorite cigar band with a clearcoat over it! would be pretty sweet!
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Got a four pack in the mail today from Daniel for the members of the Michigan Militia. Already put it to use and I love it!
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    Daniel hit me with one out of the blue... you NEED to sell these dude... such a smart and simple tool that I know I will use on the daily.... thanks Bro!
    Stogie Stand FTW!!!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    robbyras:
    Daniel hit me with one out of the blue... you NEED to sell these dude... such a smart and simple tool that I know I will use on the daily.... thanks Bro!
    PM alex about sales....

i got one too. it looks sweet. gunna try it out ASAP.

Daniel... PM me please.
    Awesome, people are starting to recieve them. I sent out another handfull last night.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    danielzreyes:
    Ken Light:
    As far as I have gleaned from Shark Tank and my friend who's newly minted as a patent lawyer, you need two patents, one on the actual design and one on the use of that design. And capital, whether it's your own or investors. How much? Well, for that you need a business plan...
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    I love it. I owe you, man. What a great little idea. My buddy doesn't have a cigar ash tray, so when I smoke with him, ill throw it in my pocket and take it with me. That way i can set my smoke down!
    Got mine Daniel, much appreciated. I'm going to take it to the B&M event Friday and see if there is interest from the owner and patrons, along with their distributors whom will be there.
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    You are up to your neck now brother, lol. This thing is going to take off.
    Gray4lines:
    I love it. I owe you, man. What a great little idea. My buddy doesn't have a cigar ash tray, so when I smoke with him, ill throw it in my pocket and take it with me. That way i can set my smoke down!
    this got me thinking, you could market it as a portable stand/ashtray of sorts as it fits in the pocket. Honestly, if I didn't have to worry about the nephew, I'd use the ashtray. But the portability of this is what's key. I can take this anywhere I go and use it if an ashtray is not available. The size and portability is what I am thinking, I will use it often in that regard.