I was bored at work today so I made the "Stogie Stand"

Comments

• LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Can you make one "Penls sized"?

Oh, who am i kidding, just send me a lancero one...... :(
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Awkward silence.....
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    Awesome idea bro, these look cool you should patent them.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    I just have to find out of an inexpensive way of sending these out.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    danielzreyes:
    If you are only sending a couple, I imagine a padded envelope would work. Do you need my address???
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    SleevePlz:
    danielzreyes:
    If you are only sending a couple, I imagine a padded envelope would work. Do you need my address???
    Really, though, I could envision these being really helpful for lots of people. Personally, I have herfs on my second story deck all the time and people are always setting their cigar down on the railing and hoping a breeze doesn't roll it off to its demise below. These would be perfect. Patent them now!!!
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    danielzreyes:
    thy look great! Flat rate box?
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    ok can i send you my addy too..please..
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    danielzreyes:
    These are awesome... great idea!
    danielzreyes:
    The way I typed that out may have sounded wrong. What I meant was the cost of sending these out individually to you fellow BOTL.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    charge for them.
    i mean id pay a few bucks to cover shipping.
  • TridentTrident Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,005
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    See what ya started :D Everyone will want one. Keep us posted on how the brothers/sisters can acquire one or two and the final cost. Thanks
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    Yup, look very useful and quite cool. I'd contribute some dollars
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    kuzi16:
    charge for them.
    +1
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    I'd chip in for some as well. I can think of no less than half a dozen places they would come in handy.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    scarlin:
    kuzi16:
    charge for them.
    +1
    +2 I'm with ya!!
    While smoking cigars, I had a good long chat with my brother in law about these. (he's a patent attorney). He said it would be very difficult to patent something like this. The process would be quite time consuming and expensive. Also the fact that I'm using material from a company that I'm working for etc.etc.etc. Plus other complicated details that are just too many to mention.
    Instead he said to pass out a few then later sell a few and give it a name. I came up with "Stogie stand". Simple, catchy, memorable. The name itself will be mine. He even created a simple website for me. www.stogiestand.com .I dunno if it's up yet. If it is, it's probably blank.

Anyways ... with all the positive feedback from you guys, I decided to mail one to each BOTL that commented on this thread. Selling these will be later down the line (which I will definitely try to do) So through this thread if you asked for one or said something positive about it, I will be sending you one. It may take awhile as I can't afford to send each one Priority and the list is quite long. I have a list of names but I don't have all the addys. So who ever has a Master BORK o Dex or what ever lol, pls PM me.

btw each of these are "prototypes" if you will. They are all diff as they have their slight imperfections. With a little more work into them, I can definitely make them more eye appealing if that time comes but again these are from scrap pieces of material which I fabricated on my down time. I hope you understand.

Thanks for your support guys."Stogie Stand" ftw
  • stadstad Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 386
    Hey I can PayPal some money to you to cover shipping if needed. I think these are going to be a hit. Well done bro!
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    stad:
    Hey I can PayPal some money to you to cover shipping if needed. I think these are going to be a hit. Well done bro!
    +1
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Very cool Daniel. You are very creative. Like the new lancero holder.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,807
    Great idea! I'm always moving around doing stuff while smoking a cigar, laying it down here and there. Many times I've had my cigar roll off onto the ground or floor, damaging it beyond repair. Your Stogie Stand would save many otherwise doomed cigars.

Even though you might not be able to get a patent, you should contact The Bearded one and see if its something they'd be interested in marketing.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    dbeckom:
    Great idea! I'm always moving around doing stuff while smoking a cigar, laying it down here and there. Many times I've had my cigar roll off onto the ground or floor, damaging it beyond repair. Your Stogie Stand would save many otherwise doomed cigars.

Even though you might not be able to get a patent, you should contact The Bearded one and see if its something they'd be interested in marketing.
    That's a great idea! Been outta town for a week or so, but I think I got your addy still. I'll shoot ya a Visa gift card to help with shipping!
    Bigshizza:
    stad:
    +1
    Thank you. I appreciate the offer. However, I don't have a paypal account.
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    danielzreyes:
    Bigshizza:
    stad:
    +1
    Thats not hard to set-up Mr. Business man
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    marineatbn03:
    danielzreyes:
    Bigshizza:
    stad:
    +1
    Thats not hard to set-up Mr. Business man
    Also there are always return addresses and it's hard to hide from the mailman...
  • GurkhamanGurkhaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 39
    how do i order
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    I have one that says prototype...love it. I can tell that it was made with love. ...not.
    Rain:
    I have one that says prototype...love it. I can tell that it was made with love. ...not.
    Randy, how is it working out for you?
    danielzreyes:
    While smoking cigars, I had a good long chat with my brother in law about these. (he's a patent attorney). He said it would be very difficult to patent something like this. The process would be quite time consuming and expensive. Also the fact that I'm using material from a company that I'm working for etc.etc.etc. Plus other complicated details that are just too many to mention.
    Instead he said to pass out a few then later sell a few and give it a name. I came up with "Stogie stand". Simple, catchy, memorable. The name itself will be mine. He even created a simple website for me. www.stogiestand.com .I dunno if it's up yet. If it is, it's probably blank.

Anyways ... with all the positive feedback from you guys, I decided to mail one to each BOTL that commented on this thread. Selling these will be later down the line (which I will definitely try to do) So through this thread if you asked for one or said something positive about it, I will be sending you one. It may take awhile as I can't afford to send each one Priority and the list is quite long. I have a list of names but I don't have all the addys. So who ever has a Master BORK o Dex or what ever lol, pls PM me.

btw each of these are "prototypes" if you will. They are all diff as they have their slight imperfections. With a little more work into them, I can definitely make them more eye appealing if that time comes but again these are from scrap pieces of material which I fabricated on my down time. I hope you understand.

Thanks for your support guys."Stogie Stand" ftw
    First batch. Sending out tomorrow.