Home General Discussion

I was bored at work today so I made the "Stogie Stand"

Comments

• Unthought_KnownUnthought_Known Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 454
    jeez, what a terrific idea! It'd be nice if you can patent it, then license it to one of the main manufacturers (if that's the right word) - whether it's Padron, AJ Fernandez, or someone else - and have their logo on it. Or put sports team's logo's on it. Or B&M logo's. The options are endless!
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    A "four-kick-stand" ;) you're welcome Jon huber
    And I agree catfish, the portability is a major plus.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    When I opened the mailbox today I scratch my head wondering who was shipping goodies from CA and then I seen the return address, ah then it hit me, The Stogie Stand had arrived!!

Photobucket

TYVM Daniel, I cant wait to try this baby out!! Speaking of this great looking device, I sure could have used this yesterday on my boat. I kept having to looking around to see where I could place my cigar. Now with this little devil, I wont have to wonder again. Thanks again for the wonderful item....and the return address MUAHAHAHAHAAA :D
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    as you can see this was an amazing idea brother...definitely need to do something to make sure it stays yours.hopin i made the list
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    I have to agree with you Ramp, I am looking forward to getting one of these for use on the boat in December. Will work great while at the helm on the bridge.
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    i got one today too! awesome! thank you so much daniel!!
  • oilburneroilburner Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 91
    Cool idea. Very useful for away from home smoking, and a great material choice for it. If you leave it outside, no big deal. Gets rained on? Who cares. Good idea man!
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Got mine today!! Thanks Dan..very thoughtful as well as very useful!!
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Question; If you were to see this at your local B&M, how much would you pay for it? (obviously polished up) Also for those who have received theirs and have used it, how did it work out for you?
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Works freaking amazing. Having not bought many cigar accessories...I can't really say. I know that, having used it, I'd have no problem paying 5 to 10 for the unfinished one you sent me.
  • JLonsinger2011JLonsinger2011 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 258
    danielzreyes:
    Question; If you were to see this at your local B&M, how much would you pay for it? (obviously polished up) Also for those who have received theirs and have used it, how did it work out for you?
    Seeing as how big ashtrays go for 20+ dollars, I could easily see a polished up one going for 10 bucks at a B&M. I would definitely see people desiring it for the portability. Also maybe an idea, maybe make an attachment available in which you can attach a little ashtray if desired. Just a thought.
    I would think 10 would be a great price, depending on what you have in to them ofcourse. If it were machined from aluminum and had a lazer engraved logo a little more. There is no limit with it I believe, different colors, finishes, logo's, etc. I wonder how small vinyl decals would hold up on them?
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    Many thanks to you, Mr. Reyes! Received my Stogie Stand in the mail this morning and will most likely put it to good use later this evening.
    I could see these going for an easy $10 at a B&M. I like James's idea of machining them from aluminum with the laser engraving, but another possibility would be thermoplastic injection molding. The major upfront cost would be the injection machine and having the molds produced.
    danielzreyes:
    $7.99 or $9.99 price odd
  • ccezarccezar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 97
    Gray4lines:
    danielzreyes:
    $7.99 or $9.99 price odd
    +1
    Oh, and so far i love it. You nailed the size; I have used it with two longer smokes, and setting even those in it is no problem. If the stand was too short or the smoke too long, it would be hard to balance. But i have yet to knock a cigar over like a teeter totter. I wouldnt change a thing with the dimensions.

I even like to use it with an ashtray at home. Knock ashes off in the tray but use the stogie stand to sit the cigar in the arm of the chair. image
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    just got mine in the mail today,made my day .havent used it yet but am looking forward to it.i like the fact it is pocket sized can just grab and go no worries.i would see thme goin for like a 10 spot all prettied up..
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Stogie stand....when you need a helping hand image
    Lol, seriously???
    marineatbn03:
    Lol, seriously???
    All good man, I have several threats he keeps sending me for no reason via PM. I've complied them all and sent them to admin. Hopefully they just block his IP address. Otherwise, good customers like myself will leave. I trust they will handle it accordingly.
    That just confirms to me who held the copy of my screen name.
    marineatbn03:
    That just confirms to me who held the copy of my screen name.
    Out of curiosity, what variation of your name is taken? I'm waiting for a Ra1n to start posting ;) Oh, and we love you Rick!
    If the admins are reading this, please do not shut this thread down for Daniel's sake, this is his stand and idea. Not sure why I am getting attacked in this thread, but I will not post here going forward.

catfishbluezz:
    If the admins are reading this, please do not shut this thread down for Daniel's sake, this is his stand and idea. Not sure why I am getting attacked in this thread, but I will not post here going forward.

+1 Daniel has a good thing going on here
    marineatbn03:
    catfishbluezz:

+2 Agreed.
    Rain:
    marineatbn03:
    catfishbluezz:

+2 Agreed.
    i figured it would be nice to continue posting pictures of stands in action. Not sure why Seagar thought it was me and attacked me here.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Gurkhaman:
    how do i order
    First of all who ever you are, It's me that created these not Catfish. I told myself to ignore all this BS and not get involved. But for some reason the BS ended up in here and got me involved.
    Second, I didn't charge a single dime to any of the brothers that I sent these out to. People have offered to pay, but I turned it down. Even shipping.
    Third, the reason why I am quoting this is because I put your name down on my list. I "was" in the process of sending one out to you. wow....just wow.
    danielzreyes:
    Gurkhaman:
    how do i order
    First of all who ever you are, It's me that created these not Catfish. I told myself to ignore all this BS and not get involved. But for some reason the BS ended up in here and got me involved.
    Second, I didn't charge a single dime to any of the brothers that I sent these out to. People have offered to pay, but I turned it down. Even shipping.
    Third, the reason why I am quoting this is because I put your name down on my list. I "was" in the process of sending one out to you. wow....just wow.
    We're trying to behave for your sake brother, keep doing your thing, you have something unique going on.
    marineatbn03:
    danielzreyes:
    Gurkhaman:
    how do i order
    We're trying to behave for your sake brother, keep doing your thing, you have something unique going on.
    Mhmm.