Home General Discussion

I was bored at work today so I made the "Stogie Stand"

Comments

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    You guys are awesome. I appreciate you guys taking the time to take pics and post them on here. I am really glad you guys are enjoying my little creation and finding it useful.

Just an update, I haven't given up on this. I'm still in works in trying to see how far the Stogie Stand can go. It's a bit overwhelming but exciting at the same time.
    Thank you all for your support. I really do appreciate it.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    i think they look awesome, and i say market them and go for it.
    Glock1975:
    Thank you Mr. Ray from Hughes Rd.
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    danielzreyes:
    Glock1975:
    Low blow.
    Rain:
    danielzreyes:
    Glock1975:
    Low blow.
    I shouldn't have to work hard to get an addy. I shouldn't have to work at all.
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    danielzreyes:
    Rain:
    danielzreyes:
    Glock1975:
    Low blow.
    I shouldn't have to work hard to get an addy. I shouldn't have to work at all.
    You sound like my wife..
  • bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    I haven't been smoking much lately, but I finally got to use the stogie stand. Nice work Daniel, I like it!

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Got mine in the mail yesterday! I busted it out today while chopping firewood and enjoying a 5 Vegas AAA:

Untitled

It worked great, thank you SO MUCH Daniel!!!
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    Got my stand in the mail today 2, very nice of u Daniel. Will be smoking this later today, looks good in the stand. image
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Noticed something cool about this stand last night. I've used it 2 or 3 times, and it's flawless. But...it also doesn't smell at all, despite holding a burning cigar for hours now. I guess it's the material it's made from? That's pretty cool in my book, I don't have to worry about putting it in a car or something and having it stink it up like an ashcan would.
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    Ken Light:
    Noticed something cool about this stand last night. I've used it 2 or 3 times, and it's flawless. But...it also doesn't smell at all, despite holding a burning cigar for hours now. I guess it's the material it's made from? That's pretty cool in my book, I don't have to worry about putting it in a car or something and having it stink it up like an ashcan would.
    i dont know why...but last night i picked mine up, and took a big wiff. nothing!
  • jadeltjadelt Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 766
    You really have a great marketing thing going here...... lots of interest already !!!

You can also use the 'The Most Interesting Man In The World' line.........

"I don't always smoke cigars, but when I do, I prefer my 'Stogie Stand'"
  • jadeltjadelt Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 766
    My stand !!! WOOO HOOOOO...... these are great !!!

• ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    Ken Light:

Daniel can correct me if I'm wrong, but since these are made from Corian they should never pick up the odors from one of our beloved stogies. The primary use for Corian is in the manufacture of countertops, typically in home kitchens but also for use in scientifitic and medical laboratories. Due to it's nonporous nature it won't pick up odors and is virtually stain proof. As a bonus, unles the foot of your cigar reaches 300+ degrees they should never melt or burn. Maybe some slight charring but that should be neglegible. If you drop it and scuff it up you can also buff out the scratches with a Scotch Brite pad.
    Daniel, PM to you sir.
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    Daniel, if I can trade for a few of these I would really appreciate it. Actually quite a few. I would like to give them out as Christmas gifts to the locals at the shop and get 2 each for Shaun and I. Will send you a PM.
  • BombayBombay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,207
    Seems like business is picking up for you Daniel! I need to get in on this action before you go all Hollywood on us, LOL, and the prices get outrageous. PM coming your way.
    All PM's been replied
    Toombes:
    Ken Light:

Daniel can correct me if I'm wrong, but since these are made from Corian they should never pick up the odors from one of our beloved stogies. The primary use for Corian is in the manufacture of countertops, typically in home kitchens but also for use in scientifitic and medical laboratories. Due to it's nonporous nature it won't pick up odors and is virtually stain proof. As a bonus, unles the foot of your cigar reaches 300+ degrees they should never melt or burn. Maybe some slight charring but that should be neglegible. If you drop it and scuff it up you can also buff out the scratches with a Scotch Brite pad.
    Daniel, PM to you sir.
    +1. You hit the nail on the head with everything you listed cool name guy. Also, the ones I sent out were cut fresh. Corian can still be sanded down then polished and buffed out shiny with rounded corners etc.
    More scrap Corian. This is about 15 Stogie Stands worth.

Uploaded with Snapbucket (Original)

See it?
    Uploaded with Snapbucket (Original)
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    You sir, are out of control. But you are man pretty so it makes up for it
    marineatbn03:
    You sir, are out of control. But you are man pretty so it makes up for it
    If out of control means putting a smile on another 15 BOTL, then yes ... I'm out of control ...................... and very pretty as well.
  • TridentTrident Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,005
    i saw tony last night at our herf and got my stand...works awesome! wish i could post up the pic i took of it holding the mummy. GREAT WORK DANIEL!
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    Trident:
    i saw tony last night at our herf and got my stand...works awesome! wish i could post up the pic i took of it holding the mummy. GREAT WORK DANIEL!
    I know, _________ can't come soon enough so that I can get home and use one.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    The Stogie Stand worked great when I was out of town last weekend - held my SS 10 gauge perfectly. Super portable, threw it in my pocket with lighter and cutter, worked perfectly.

Unfortunately the weather wasn't cooperative (very windy) and the cigar needed a few touch-ups. But the stogie stand certainly kept my cigar from blowing away.

Action shot, LOL
    Smiley face
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Pretty cool idea bro. Better run with it and check out getting a patent. I could have used that on the boat had one role off hit the floor and just cracked all over.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Oops just read thru more of the thread. Hope you've been able to make headway on the patent thing. Really looks like you got a hit brother way to go!
    Rhamlin:
    Oops just read thru more of the thread. Hope you've been able to make headway on the patent thing. Really looks like you got a hit brother way to go!
    Where do you live?
  • tankbonniestankbonnies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 191
    damn..i'm real late on this....Daniel...these things are great...would love to get one for tailgating at football games..etc....i dont' mind paying....where can I get one of these?
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    i was very fortunate to get one in the very first go round.found it very cool to get a "prototype". the first time i used it in the garage while working on the car.was great put it anywhere with out worrying abiut it rolling around or burning anything.now i take it everywhere just in case i get a chance to smoke.thank you again sir..
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    twistedstem:
    i was very fortunate to get one in the very first go round.found it very cool to get a "prototype". the first time i used it in the garage while working on the car.was great put it anywhere with out worrying abiut it rolling around or burning anything.now i take it everywhere just in case i get a chance to smoke.thank you again sir..

+1! I carry mine in my travel humi so it's always ready to be put to good use. Thanks again, cool name!