Home General Discussion

March Madness

Comments

• Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    Russ55:
    Sandman1am:
    Russ55:
    Maybe, I'm missing something, but I don't get all the California people whining about missing the deal. If anything we have it easy. It changes at 9pm our time. The East coast guys, ok, they're at midnight, but even that's not really that big a deal.
    It's a big deal if you wake up @ 4 to go to work, but I probably would have passed on this one anyway. Not because I didn't want the sticks...I'm saving for cigarfest and to see what the rest of this week brings. If I remember correctly last year brought more then one day of GOF's and Opus X. Plus some others (Camacho PE's) that were a great deal. If I can't call in my order and confirm what I'm getting it wasn't meant to be. There will be another deal some where that I can get in on. No worries guys it's only Monday, fire up a nice stick and enjoy. Life's too short to worry about one missed deal.
    Fair enough, though those circumstances are awfully specific. And yeah, I wouldn't sweat this one either. It's already starting off with some seriously impressive sticks. Probably only going to get better.
    Agreed and last year I ended up with more then what I needed and a far larger debt then I wanted. I'm def. not worried about this year.
  • bigjohn125bigjohn125 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 476
    Lets be careful not to bite the hand that feeds us. CCom doesnt have to give the deals. They are doing so for us, and being pissy with them isnt the right attitude. I wanted this deal as much as anybody, but I didn't get it, and I'm one of those "crackheads" that is up late. Oh well. I hope CCom doesn't read this board and see how thankless some people are today, and decide to end the march madness sales. Lets step back and put this in perspective. These are cigars. At a good discount, in limited quantities. I guess if these deals are a priority to you, you need to take the necessary steps to make sure you can be one of the first people to get the deal. Thank you CCom for offering the excelent deal. I will make sure that I am watching tonight for the next one.
  • bearbbearb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,044
    Perhaps one might be best to remember that these are deals on cigars, not 'widgets.' It isn't like they can just hire a night shift to make more bumpers, tires or garden rakes. They can only sell what they have or can get. They are in business to make money, but some of this product is difficult to get, let alone at the prices they seam to sell them at. As well, Alex responded earlier today, on the Daily Deal forum that "Sorry guys, we only had 60 units which I honestly did not think would sell as fast as they did. There are some days forthcoming that have significantly more inventory and some that have less. We tried to limit it to one per customer which is something we will have fixed for the rest of the deals this week. This is the first time we have tried imposing a limit on DCD and it went a bit clunky. My apologies. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Alex Svenson " -p.s. if you are upset, how about me...I was on, saw it, but could not order online due to not being from the U.S....I have to order by phone :(
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    bigjohn125:
    Lets be careful not to bite the hand that feeds us. CCom doesnt have to give the deals. They are doing so for us, and being pissy with them isnt the right attitude. I wanted this deal as much as anybody, but I didn't get it, and I'm one of those "crackheads" that is up late. Oh well. I hope CCom doesn't read this board and see how thankless some people are today, and decide to end the march madness sales. Lets step back and put this in perspective. These are cigars. At a good discount, in limited quantities. I guess if these deals are a priority to you, you need to take the necessary steps to make sure you can be one of the first people to get the deal. Thank you CCom for offering the excelent deal. I will make sure that I am watching tonight for the next one.
    Not that I dont love CCom John, because I do.....BUT....I assure you they are making money. Maybe not on each deal, but there is a stragedy to this and complaint or no complaints there are plenty of people not on this board that will buy it up-----so I dont think opinions are going to change their successful business plan.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Who was badmouthing CCom? No one that I saw in this thread. I see people venting a little frustration but no slamming of the Ccom. Geez. So easy to take online chat out of context.

My problem is I am working and can't get to a computer and I will have the same situation tonight when the new deal is posted. Been saving my money for this and it is disappointing when I can get online to find everything gone. It is the way good deals go though. I just hope to be able to grab a good deal this week and that first one was awesome in my opinion.
  • bigjohn125bigjohn125 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 476
    Vulchor:
    bigjohn125:
    Not that I dont love CCom John, because I do.....BUT....I assure you they are making money. Maybe not on each deal, but there is a stragedy to this and complaint or no complaints there are plenty of people not on this board that will buy it up-----so I dont think opinions are going to change their successful business plan.
    I have no doubt that they are making money. They seem to be taking a lot of mine lately :)
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    bigjohn125:
    Vulchor:
    bigjohn125:
    I have no doubt that they are making money. They seem to be taking a lot of mine lately :)
    They have a tendency to do that haha. I call in and they always seem to talk me in to something extra :-P
  • edhedh Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 61
    Hey CCOM,

Are we doing March Madness this year or what?
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    edh:
    Hey CCOM,

Are we doing March Madness this year or what?
    I hope, I've been saving my money.
  • chemforeverchemforever Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,200
    I agree let's get this party started!
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    I just got goosebumps
  • ImgemboImgembo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 657
    ahh wish i would have seen this earlier the only one i have had was the uhc =( owell maybe tomorrow
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    There goes my bonus check.
  • edhedh Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 61
    Got a reply from The Beard a little while ago, and he said March Madness starts tomorrow morning. Sure hope CCOM pulls out the stops!
  • CvilleECvilleE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,177
    edh:
    Got a reply from The Beard a little while ago, and he said March Madness starts tomorrow morning. Sure hope CCOM pulls out the stops!
    Crap...gotta go get the check deposited...thanks for the heads up....be back in a bit.
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 738
    Imgembo:
    ahh wish i would have seen this earlier the only one i have had was the uhc =( owell maybe tomorrow
    March Madness for this year hasn't started!
  • ImgemboImgembo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 657
    allsmokedup:
    Imgembo:
    lol funny story i saw this post and i looked up march madness in the search on the home page and i guss in my slightly inebriated haze mistook maduro maddness for march madness.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    allsmokedup:
    Imgembo:
    If you are on Tim's email list it has..........
    Oh crap, haven't checked that email yet!
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    bandyt09:
    allsmokedup:
    Imgembo:
    Todd hook a brother up yo! I randomly get his but didn't get this one
  • xIcedGuardianxxIcedGuardianx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 873
    Pretty sure this isn't instead of the daily deal. Everyone relax and have a cigar lol.
    ENFIDL:
    bandyt09:
    allsmokedup:
    Imgembo:
    PM me your email and I'll forward it! I just saw the deal. Not too shabby, but the sprintsale has spoiled me.
    xIcedGuardianx:
    Pretty sure this isn't instead of the daily deal. Everyone relax and have a cigar lol.
    some of us are at work and can't have a cigar so :p
    allsmokedup:
    ENFIDL:
    bandyt09:
    allsmokedup:
    Imgembo:
    PM me your email and I'll forward it! I just saw the deal. Not too shabby, but the sprintsale has spoiled me.
    sent. thanks
    Email is away...
  • GoatmilkGoatmilk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 200
    How does one go about getting on the list to get in on these deals?
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    Are these sent by email or appear on the site?
    scarlin:
    Are these sent by email or appear on the site?
    Tim's email list at this point. More deals will appear on the site as March moves along. At least they have in the past.
    Goatmilk:
    How does one go about getting on the list to get in on these deals?
    Easiest way is to place all your orders through The Beard, either by phone or email. You can always email him; tblythe@cigar.com and request to be put on his email list.
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    Just so everyone knows, Andrew also sends out the same emails. I'm on his list and get the same emails that Tim sends out apparently. March Madness is starting out well, especially since I'm such a ho for what's behind door #3! Well, I'm a ho for #2 as well but am currently OK on most of those.