Home General Discussion

Kuzipalooza '08

Comments

• LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    sigh, the only good thing to come of this. PTFTW.
  • dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    Bummer, Luko... maybe some other time.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Start planning Lukopalooza '09.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    kuzipalooza '08 is 4 days away!!!
    however, it seems that kuzipalooza '08 is gunna be small.

just gunna be Duty, TheseFilthyHands, Vankleekkw (if you still post here and what not. where are ya?), BBCo20, and myself.

i will be getting to the smokers den at about 3:00 in the afternoon. they close at 7:30 PM. we will then head out to 69 taps for a beer or six
    anyone else is welcome to join at any point. bring your wives, bring your girlfriends, heck, bring both.

a good time will be had by all.
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 404
    Sorry Guys, the new job has been hitting me pretty hard. It doesn't look like I am heading that way. Instead, I am heading to Texas. Wish I could make it, but there is always another time.
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? Can't believe we're seeing such a small turnout. That's a lot of responsibility to lay on this small group :)

I'll be rolling in there sometime between 4 and 5, kuzi, depending on traffic. I'll PM you with some info this week.
    OK, based on the hockey incident, I have to list myself as "Questionable" for the weekend. The doctors, my wife, and my father (who was a doctor) all seem to think that I have no shot at making it up north. But I only get the chance to see my family once a year, and I will be severely bummed if something like this gets in the way. I have a prescription for some amped-up Vicodin, but I haven't had any pain killers yet (not even Tylenol), so I'm holding out hope that I'll be able to go painkiller-free and be able to drive up there. The only other concern is this whole "keep your foot elevated" business.

I'll keep y'all posted. I will apparently be a slobbering pile of uselessness tomorrow, but hopefully I'll give an update tomorrow night.
    dutyje:
    The only other concern is this whole "keep your foot elevated" business.
    they have a lounge at the shop. they have a table close to a chair.
    im rootin for ya

id hate for the first kuzipalooza to be a flop.
    The surgery went well this morning, and I'm back at home resting and taking narcotic pain meds. The doctor says I need to have no weight on that foot for 10 days. 0% body weight. I'm not even allowed to stand on my crutches with the foot touching the ground. I'm not allowed to drive during this time, especially while I'm on the pain drugs.

I feel really terrible about all this. I know I kinda started the whole thing to begin with, and we signed Kuzi up while he was away. But Kuzi has put out a lot of effort here, and we're all bailing out. It makes me very sad. I am almost certainly not going to get up there. If I do make it, I won't be much fun, as I'll be in bed early on my meds, and I'm not allowed to drink at all. I could still smoke, though, so the important part is still workable :) Anybody wanna pick me up in Charlotte?
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    dutyje:
    Anybody wanna pick me up in Charlotte?
    And don't forget to bring an ottoman.
    and then there was 3....

kuzipalooza '09 anyone?
    kuzi16:
    and then there was 3....

kuzipalooza '09 anyone?
    Kuzi - I'm up for this anytime in January, February... etc... I'm unable to participate in sports for 3 months, so my injury risk will be low! I definitely want to get everybody together, and I'll be able to drive. I'm not entirely sure what my mobility will look like, but that really shouldn't be an issue for smoking and drinking. I can even bring my leftover narcotic pain meds to kick the party off :)
    dutyje:
    kuzi16:
    and then there was 3....

kuzipalooza '09 anyone?
    Kuzi - I'm up for this anytime in January, February... etc... I'm unable to participate in sports for 3 months, so my injury risk will be low! I definitely want to get everybody together, and I'll be able to drive. I'm not entirely sure what my mobility will look like, but that really shouldn't be an issue for smoking and drinking. I can even bring my leftover narcotic pain meds to kick the party off :)
    i actually talked to my wife about kuzipalooza '09.

I have very big ideas for that but itll have to be put on hold for a few months so it warms up and i can have it at my place.
    one more thing...

the location has been changed. If anyone has an opening pop up all of a sudden please PM me before you show up. we wont be at the shop mentioned above and we may not even go to the bar mentioned above. Kuzipalooza '08 is still on but it will be very low key, starting later and less drinking.

kuzipalooza '09 however, will be freakin crazy.
    Waiting for warmer weather is a good idea, Kuzi. If it's going to be at your place, you should have everybody (optionally) bring something along as well. I should be fully recovered before the Ohio weather, so I'll be mobile by then :) Maybe we can play games in the yard, or figure out something fun to do with magnets on my foot :)
    dutyje:
    ...or figure out something fun to do with magnets on my foot :)
    rent an electromagnet crane and every now and then turn it on/off
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    warm weather herf sounds great...with my job status, i'm going to be busy as a three-legged cat trying to bury turds on a frozen pond until May.
    ok... i am almost out the door to Kuzipalooza '08

i will take my camera and maybe later tonight ill have some pics up so all the rest of you will see what you missed out on.
    HA!

should be fun!
  • rdnstnrdnstn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 991
    Sorry to hear about the low turnout, but I'm sure it will still be a great time. I wish I could come but right now funds are low and time is precious so I'll have to pass this time around, hopefully in the future though.

Vankleekw, where in TX are you headed? Not anywhere near San Antonio by chance is it?
  • These Filthy HandsThese Filthy Hands Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 455
    Kuzipalooza was a fantastic time!!! Can't wait for next years herf.
    These Filthy Hands:
    AMEN TO THAT!

how bout some pics?
    eh?

start with me at Kuzipalooza... smoking a Oliva Series V Chruchill:

TFH smoking ... what was that? a LFD ligero?

bbc020 with a camacho triple maduro:

DINNER!!

the humidor:

a pic of the "goodies" that i mentioned before:

mmmmm gourmet chocolate....

Between the lines:

bbc's haul out of the shop:

all in all it was pretty sweet. we talked of life, work, passion for what you do, and of course cigars. bbc020, you're good in my book. I hope to see you (and everyone that couldnt make it) at kuzipalooza '09!
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    These Filthy Hands:

I echo that. I had a great time guys. Great cigars, fine conversation, a downright great experience.
    You got it right. LFD Ligero. I'm still a little disappointed with the La Aroma De Cuba.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Sweet, glad you all had fun!
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Sooooo jealous. Wish I could have been there!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Hey bbc, what did you take out of there with you in that hefty bag filled with cigars..
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    Damn! Sorry I missed that guys. Kuzi, you look NOTHING like I expected, lol
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    madurofan:
    Damn! Sorry I missed that guys. Kuzi, you look NOTING like I expected, lol
    I agree, with that picture that shows up every time he posts...what is that a banana relay race, a hot dog being chased by that chinese guy on the 4th of July, The biggest pencil in Ohio, I can't really tell. But not your most flattering photo if that is you.
    kaspera79:
    madurofan:
    Damn! Sorry I missed that guys. Kuzi, you look NOTING like I expected, lol
    I agree, with that picture that shows up every time he posts...what is that a banana relay race, a hot dog being chased by that chinese guy on the 4th of July, The biggest pencil in Ohio, I can't really tell. But not your most flattering photo if that is you.
    That photo was flattering!
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    kaspera79:
    Hey bbc, what did you take out of there with you in that hefty bag filled with cigars..

Oh man, I'll see if I can remember them all. One Between the Lines, One Winston Churchill Marrakesh, One Lengend Ario Natural Toro, Three Oliva V Lanceros, two Oliva V robustos, two Oliva V Belicosos, two Oliva Master Blend 3 Robustos, three Nub Connecticut(464 and 358), 2 Nording Torpedos (one smoked), two LFD Double Ligero Maduro Chiselitos, and one LFD Double Ligero Chisel.

I think I mentioned I have no self control on another thread.