Home General Discussion

Kuzipalooza '08

Comments

• dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    Looks like the Akron City Centre Hotel is just a ten minute walk away. That's probably where I'll book.

I didn't see Schlitz on the beer list for 69 Taps :)
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    dutyje:
    I didn't see Schlitz on the beer list for 69 Taps :)

I'm guessin they have good reason for that.
    There are 33 beers on that list that I've never tried, including one Great Lakes (Commodore Perry) ... Since I lived for several years in Perrysburg, and the remainder of my childhood across the river in Maumee, I feel obligated to give that one a try :)
  • btmislesbtmisles Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 125
    To be safe, you should just try all 33 that you haven't had and maybe a couple of your favorites.
    btmisles:
    To be safe, you should just try all 33 that you haven't had and maybe a couple of your favorites.
    Safe from what? Becoming a liver donor?
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    ill have to check the list and see how many i havent had.

i drink more beer than i smoke cigars. theres a good chance that ive had almost all of them.
    This is a reminder to everybody.... Kuzipalooza is just around the corner! Luko, you up for splitting room fare? Haven't seen you on the boards here much. Anybody else gonna make it to Akronland?
    ok... it IS right around the corner. here is some info:
    the smokers den
    with pics
    the bar after the smoke shop: 69 taps
    sorry no pics.

the list is still:
    Me
    Maddy
    Duty
    TheseFilthyHands
    Luko
    Vankleekkw

if you have changed your mind and you now can or cannot make it please let me know. Im trying to set up a little bit of goodies. numbers are becoming important.
    I thought Maddy was out. Or maybe he was just questionable?

How about BBC? Any chance of getting up there?
  • These Filthy HandsThese Filthy Hands Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 455
    I can't wait to go to taps. It's been a while since I've been there.
  • These Filthy HandsThese Filthy Hands Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 455
    I was just reading the beer list and I was saddened to see that Turbodog was not on there. My heart is now weaping.
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    dutyje:
    This is a reminder to everybody.... Kuzipalooza is just around the corner! Luko, you up for splitting room fare? Haven't seen you on the boards here much. Anybody else gonna make it to Akronland?
    Sorry, busy as all get-out...I am up for it. Who's going hotel room shopping?
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 404
    I'm undecided. I'll let everyone know in the next couple days.
    cool. the sooner the better. Im really trying to get a count so i can get some goodie bags and what not.
    I will have to check with my better half, it falls on a night we would traditionally do something together.
    Luko:
    dutyje:
    uh, sorry Duty et al...i found out today there is about a 75 percent chance I'll have to work. As of today, my co-worker was is due in Feb is most likely going into labor about 12 weeks early. Not good for her. And it means I'll probably have to be there at work. I should know by tomorrow or the next day. Kuzi, I'm really sorry if it turns out I can't come. I know you've been planning. I'm not pleased either. Was looking forward to venturing into Ohio with my Mean Joe Greene jersey on! Still a chance I will - but, Duty, if you have another opportunity for sharing a hotel room, might as well take it.
    Luko:
    Luko:
    dutyje:
    uh, sorry Duty et al...i found out today there is about a 75 percent chance I'll have to work. As of today, my co-worker was is due in Feb is most likely going into labor about 12 weeks early. Not good for her. And it means I'll probably have to be there at work. I should know by tomorrow or the next day. Kuzi, I'm really sorry if it turns out I can't come. I know you've been planning. I'm not pleased either. Was looking forward to venturing into Ohio with my Mean Joe Greene jersey on! Still a chance I will - but, Duty, if you have another opportunity for sharing a hotel room, might as well take it.
    i understand and my feelings arent hurt. TheseFilthyHands and i are planning a trip out to Vinces shop some time in mid to late Feb (after VD). maybe we can get people in on that.
    dutyje:
    I thought Maddy was out. Or maybe he was just questionable?

How about BBC? Any chance of getting up there?

Count me in...smoothed plans out with the better half, and I should be able to make it up there about 4:30-5:00ish...won't be staying the night though.
    kuzi16:
    Luko:
    Luko:
    dutyje:
    i understand and my feelings arent hurt. TheseFilthyHands and i are planning a trip out to Vinces shop some time in mid to late Feb (after VD). maybe we can get people in on that.
    Thanks for understanding. I am Still hoping to make kuzipalooza. Regardless, I would love to meet up with you guys at vince's shop. if we get liqoured up and slaughtered the fatted calf roaming the pasture next to his house, so be it.
    Bummer to hear that Luko... hope you can somehow still make it. Brandon, great to hear you can make it up there! Should be a good time, relaxing, smoking, drinking, etc... I'll be stumbling distance from the bar, and certainly don't mind the idea of having the room all to myself :)
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    I'm out for sure. I'll be in Kentucky.
    madurofan:
    I'm out for sure. I'll be in Kentucky.
    so close... yet so far.
    Ever heard of Paducha, KY?
    madurofan:
    I have family there :)
    dutyje:
    madurofan:
    Seriously? Its the middle of freaking no where, I'm working at the power plant there.
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    madurofan:
    Seriously? Its the middle of freaking no where, I'm working at the power plant there.
    Mayfield, actually.... in relative terms, Mayfield is like the suburb on the outskirts of the metropolis of Paducah.
    dutyje:
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    madurofan:
    Mayfield, actually.... in relative terms, Mayfield is like the suburb on the outskirts of the metropolis of Paducah.
    The suburbs of farm country?
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    madurofan:
    try, for a second, to imagine what that must be like... that's where they live.
    dutyje:
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    madurofan:
    try, for a second, to imagine what that must be like... that's where they live.
    I'd try but I might kill myself ...
    Enjoy Kuzipalooza, fellers. The predicament I'm in that's preventing me from coming is also going to prevent me from taking my planned week of vacation at Christmas. So not only are you guys being deprived of the pleasure of my company, but my clan is as well. Have fun, burn one for me.