Home General Discussion

Kuzipalooza '08

Comments

• LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    "Where's your other hand?

Between two pillows.

Those aren't pillows!!!!!!!!!!!"

I guess we could get two beds, Maddy. Or maybe just a king? I'm straight, and not the least bit curious. I got that out of my system in college.
  • dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    Luko:
    I'm straight, and not the least bit curious. I got that out of my system in college.
    Have fun, Maddy... don't bend over for the soap :)
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    Don't ask, don't tell, fellas.

Also: whatever happens at Kuzipalooza between two consenting adult males, stays at Kuzipalooza . . . between two consenting male adults.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    urbino:
    Also: whatever happens at Kuzipalooza between two consenting adult males, stays at Kuzipalooza . . . between two consenting male adults.
    no, ill point and laugh at you on the forum as openly as i can.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    I was making a serious offer but now I'm mortified and withdraw my serious offer out of shear terror(or tear as Dub-ya would say). HAHA

Seriously though I found out yesterday, shortly after posting that, that I probably will not be able to get those days off bc of I project I'm currently working on. I'll keep you guys up to date but I'm going to have to assume for now I can't make it :(.
    My vacation policy is simple:

If I have to give you 2 weeks notice to tell you I'm leaving and I'm never coming back, I think that 2 weeks notice is ample time to tell you that I'm leaving, but I'll be back.

I use the same policy for my associates as well. As an example, one of my associates had scheduled a vacation for a weekend this past spring. She was the Technical Delivery Lead for a project which was to deploy the weekend before. The enterprise release schedule ended up being pushed back a week, so her trip and release weekend coincided. I ended up covering the release for her, and cancelling my Sunday plans, because I felt she had given me sufficient notice for her plans, and it was our obligation to work around these. If my weekend plans couldn't have been compromised, I would have asked someone else on the team, or I would have notified my manager that they would need to make other arrangements.
    madurofan:
    I was making a serious offer but now I'm mortified and withdraw my serious offer out of shear terror
    man i was just kiddin...

maddy
    thats too bad if you cant make it.

so here is the plan as i have put it together. people come to akron. people smoke. people drink. people have a good time. since so many of you have to head in that general direction as is, i encourage all of you to go to vinces shop the next day on your way home. it shouldnt be too far out of the way for many of you if my sense of direction isnt messed up. I wont be able to go to that but im sure vince will love to have you all.
    kuzi16:
    people come to akron. people smoke. people drink. people have a good time.
    Especially if those people happen to be maddy and a certain very special roomie. bow-chicka-bow-bow
    Duty, Unfortunately I knew what I signed up for here. Nothing is sacred, I must be prepared to fly out for any amount of time on any amount of notice. I could probably force it to happen but it would result in me being pulled off this project which would cut my workload for a while and seriously affect my bonus. I really want to make it but I really want my bonus too.

On a positive note I'm heading back to New Orleans in a couple weeks, I am DEFINETLY going to herf with Scram this time. Well as long as he has time.
    kuzi16:
    madurofan:
    I was making a serious offer but now I'm mortified and withdraw my serious offer out of shear terror
    man i was just kiddin...
    I know brother, so was I.
  • ScramblerScrambler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 746
    madurofan:
    On a positive note I'm heading back to New Orleans in a couple weeks, I am DEFINETLY going to herf with Scram this time. Well as long as he has time.
    I'll make the time. The former blender for Cigar Factory New Orleans now has his own shop, with a big lounge and a full bar on Canal, about a block and a half from my bar. It would be a great place to hang out and smoke.

I just wish I could get the time off to make it up to Ohio. Getting away from the day job would be easy, but there is no one to replace me at the bar, and this is busy season.
    I'm only gonna be there Monday - Friday(Nov 3 - 7) this time, so it'd have to be M,T,W, or Th evening but that sounds like a plan. If for some reason you can't do one of those nights I'll just have to occupy a bar stool at your bar.

I'm still gonna try for Ohio but its busy season for me too. Its the beginning of the fiscal year for the government and that means everyone has money burning a hole in their pockets.
    madurofan:
    Duty, Unfortunately I knew what I signed up for here. Nothing is sacred, I must be prepared to fly out for any amount of time on any amount of notice. I could probably force it to happen but it would result in me being pulled off this project which would cut my workload for a while and seriously affect my bonus. I really want to make it but I really want my bonus too.
    Come work for the banks... it's a booming industry these days :)

I get paid to sit around and do... well... this.... all day long. Probably not as much as you, but I get compensated handsomely in happiness.
    LMAO duty. Well as you guys know I play on here a lot as well, I earn my keep when I'm on the road.
    Ok, so the king is out? Yeah, we could just get two double beds...that's probably for the best. Oh wait, you can't make it. Dagnabbit.
    Luko:
    Ok, so the king is out? Yeah, we could just get two double beds...that's probably for the best. Oh wait, you can't make it. Dagnabbit.
    Yea it sux.
    For the record, I'm straight as all get-out. I feel like this needs to be made clear with y'all. Just couldn't resist dropping a Planes, Trains and Automobiles reference (at the thought of two dudes sharing a room).
    I think we all got the reference... and I may be able to split a room with you, since Maddy's out.
    Isn't it dangerous to have so many pseudonymous partners in this day and age?

(I promise I'll stop. If not now, soon. If not soon, eventually.)
    Luko:
    For the record, I'm straight as all get-out. I feel like this needs to be made clear with y'all. Just couldn't resist dropping a Planes, Trains and Automobiles reference (at the thought of two dudes sharing a room).
    I assumed. I was just kidding about withdrawing my offer, if I was going sharing the room would still be an option. Unfuckingfortunately looks like work has me by the testicles.
    speaking of hotels...
    the zip code of the B&M we will be smoking at is 44310
    the zip code of the bar we are going to is 44311
    the zip code of my house is 44221. all of those are close together. and easy to get to. i hope this helps in your searches.
    I think it's time to revive this thread and get the plans finalized. I also noticed that BBC isn't too far away, and he may be interested in coming up for this as well. I'm game for sharing a hotel room, and can get the details squared away next week. I figure I'll try to get a hotel close to the bar, as that will be the last stop.

Kuzi - any hotels walking distance from the bar? EDIT: Walking distance, for me, means 1.5 miles or less.
    if you look at the post directly above the last one you posted you will find the zip code for the bar in there... as for walking distance... im not too sure. However, i would be glad to drive a few of you guys back if you have had a bit more than you feel safe driving with.

and by "me" i mean, "my wife will be the DD. "

ill look into it though.
    LOL Thanks Kuzi... I saw the zips, but wasn't sure how big an area we were talking about.
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    I may be able to make that trip, but probably wouldn't be able to get there until about 5:30pm
    bbc020:
    I may be able to make that trip, but probably wouldn't be able to get there until about 5:30pm
    by all means stop by. i hope to get people in there around 3 ish and we can all hang out till close (7:30)
  • wmaxhamwmaxham Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 80
    weres this at?
    wmaxham:
    weres this at?
    Akron
    Hey, Kuzi.. what's the name of this pub? I'll book the hotel next week, and get something close by... Anybody who wants to split the costs, just let me know. I'm going non-smoking room, though (sorry.. I can't stand a room that smells like cigarettes).
    the bar is "69 taps" and as advertised they have 69+ beers on tap at all times. Last time i was there it was 72.
    the smoke shop is "the smokers den"