Home General Discussion

Kuzipalooza '08

dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
What: A herf
Where: Somewheres near Kuzi's place (the B&M?)
When: Friday, December 5th
Who: Kuzi (duh), Cool Hand Luko, Maddy Max, Doody.... anybody else?

Details:
I'm bringing the Schlitz. I'll also bring some Yuengling Porter if it's available here (I can usually find it). Maddy's bringing something respectable. Luko's bringing the naked women. Kuzi is cooking up an exquisite vegetarian Pad Thai (or Fluffernutter sandwiches). We're all bringing smokes, or in the event it's at the B&M, we're all going to buy something there (this could be an opportunity for a game). Other logistics to be worked out. I'll probably have to leave early on Saturday morning to continue my trip to Toledo, but there's still a whole weekend available.

All of these details are subject to change based on the availability of the participants (particularly because I've listed a Friday here, so I'm not sure how well that would work for everyone.. also, it's the weekend after Thanksgiving). I just know I'm driving up 77 through Cleveland and then west on the turnpike to get to a family reunion on Saturday.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    if we are for serious about this i may be able to set something up with the shop owner. Iduno though, hes kind of crazy. but that may work in our favor. Im sure he wont mind a group of people showing up one day.

the only other hard part is me getting off of work. I will probably be able to get one friday off, but an entire weekend is difficult in the food service industry. so, though ill probably be able to attend, i doubt ill be as good of a host as mentioned above.

i do make a mean pad thai...
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    Well if it happens count me in. I'll make it happen one way or another. Maddy Max will be there :). Dude I'm getting Thai for lunch today ... that sounded so damn good.
    whatever day i have off next ill stop up at my B&M and see what they have to say about hosting this event. they guy is nuts and at worst hell say we can all meet there. at best hell hook us up with a free stick or two or give a discount on some cigars. Ill also talk to the wife about a back yard event. I do have a fire pit. ill grill in any weather. ...as long as the snow isnt deeper than the cook top of the grill
    Holy crap ... snow? Snow terrifies me, someone might have to pick me up from the airport if that crap happens. I saw 18" once and didn't leave the house for days.
  • dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    madurofan:
    I saw 18" once and didn't leave the house for days.
    Watching the classics again, I see... Mr. Holmes really was a legend. BTW, thanks for the new sig line :)
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    madurofan:
    That's what she said.
    urbino:
    madurofan:
    That's what she said.
    Incorrect sir, in fact if that was what she said, she'd either be a liar or an agoraphobiac.
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    madurofan:
    Incorrect sir, in fact if that was what she said, she'd either be a liar or an agoraphobiac.
    She's afraid of fuzzy sweaters?

Wait, you wear a fuzzy sweater on your wedding tackle? Dude.
    i doubt the snow will be that bad. the worst of it usually shows up around mid febuary.

there was one year where we had 9 inches of snow on the ground by mid december.
    oh yeah...

i went to one of the shops in the area and they said they would need a minimum of 10 people to get a discount. I didnt yet go to the shop that i want to hold this at but ill try and get there monday. no promises though. I got a messed up schedual this week.
    kuzi16:
    i doubt the snow will be that bad. the worst of it usually shows up around mid febuary.

there was one year where we had 9 inches of snow on the ground by mid december.
    You must be too young to remember the series of winters we had in Ohio in the 70s
    in the 70s?

uh... i was born in 1980. I moved up near the lake in 1999. so in the last 9 years or so i have not seen more than 9 inches on the ground before mid December.
    But this past winter (early march if im not mistaken) i saw 28 inches of snow fall in just under 24 hours. that was fun. im just sayin that early in the season the snow isnt so bad.
    dutyje:
    What: A herf
    Where: Somewheres near Kuzi's place (the B&M?)
    When: Friday, December 5th
    Who: Kuzi (duh), Cool Hand Luko, Maddy Max, Doody.... anybody else

ok... well even the wife is on board with this. still no smoking in the house and the 5th will probably be way to cold to be outside. therefor we will have to gather at a cigar shop in the area. there are two perspective shops that could host this.
    1) a smaller sized shop with a moderate amount of veriety of only higher end sticks.
    2) a larger shop with a large gathering area a larger humidor with a wider selection but fewer very high end sticks.

option one is farther from my house but i have arranged a deal with the owner that if we bring in 10 people we can get 10% off.
    option two i have not stopped into since Kuzipalooza was thought up. If we cant get a minimum of 10 people i would rather go with option two. if we have more than 10 and i talk to the guy a the other shop and he is willing for a 10% discount for the group then ill leave it up to the people showing up.

other things to consider:
    I cannot host anyone to spend the night in my house. I just wont have the room.
    this will be, with any luck, an all afternoon and into the evening event. I cannot promise anything beyond that. Im sure there are bars in the area that all of you would like for after the closing time of the shop. (ohio is a no smoking state though. All smoking will have to be at the shop) all in all though, this is a one day event.

if you are seriously interested in showing up for this please leave a note on this thread. I would like to max out at 20 people. neither shop can support more than that in their lounge.
    Awesome, Kuzi!! I'm definitely going to try to be up for that. I'll probably find a place to overnight in Akron, or I may try to make it to visit some relatives in Alliance. I vote for Option 2. I don't normally buy super-premium sticks, anyway.
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    Cool, I'm in. I should say I'm in if the date works, I need to check. I'll bring the Yeung!
    Luko:
    I'll bring the Yeung!
    no need to bring beer. the bar after the cigar shop has about 70 different beers on tap (give or take a few depending on what they are out of) and the way ohio law works we wont be able to bring any into the shops.
    I'm in. Va laws don't allow for alcohol in the cigar shops either but all the ones I've been in here pretty much abide by the red cup rule. Are they the same there?
    the shop sells beer and wine.
    one problem: the license is for sealed container carry out only. Ill look into finding away around that legaly with the owners concent. Maybe if we "rent" the lounge area its a private party and we can bring in our own goods.

so im up to 5 people now Duty, Luko, maddy, a friend i work with and myself? anyone else want in?
    worst case is that the 5 of us have a good time with cigars and, later on, beer.
    the second cigar shop with the better selection of mid range cigars is only open to 7:30 PM because the owner also owns a comedy club and he needs to get there to open it up.... just something to consider.

we may get free tickets to the club though if we come in as a group and ask. again, ohio is smoke free so we cant smoke there and the beer selection is not gunna be as good as the bar i have in mind.

as it gets closer well make more decisions.

we are still at the same 5 people. anyone else?
  • These Filthy HandsThese Filthy Hands Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 455
    I finally got around to joining, you should be proud like an alligator ready to eat it's young.
    mmmmmm babay alligator
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 404
    I may make it, but it all depends on my locations. I should know more over the next couple weeks.
    6 people:
    vankleekkw, Duty, Luko, maddy, a friend i work with(These Filthy Hands ) and myself.

as the time gets closer i will need to get you all to PM me so i can get you directions and other info and to firm up plans on both ends.

like ive said before, i cannot provide shelter for the night but i can help with you finding it.

one more thng on this update...
    as much fun as i (and others)have with discussing political thingies, i want this to be a polatics free event. we can talk cigars, beer, food, wine, music, or anyting else you can think of. I just think that we are getting together to have fun, not talk about how much the government is or is not trying to ruin/run our lives.
    kuzi16:
    6 people:
    as much fun as i (and others)have with discussing political thingies, i want this to be a polatics free event. we can talk cigars, beer, food, wine, music, or anyting else you can think of. I just think that we are getting together to have fun, not talk about how much the government is or is not trying to ruin/run our lives.
    Agreed.
    madurofan:
    kuzi16:
    6 people:
    Agreed.

Unless, of course, it ends up being five social conservatives/Reps vs. Duty. Then I saw we go to town on him and make swear undying allegience to all things Regan.
  • These Filthy HandsThese Filthy Hands Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 455
    kuzi16:
    6 people:
    vankleekkw, Duty, Luko, maddy, a friend i work with(These Filthy Hands ) and myself.

as the time gets closer i will need to get you all to PM me so i can get you directions and other info and to firm up plans on both ends.

like ive said before, i cannot provide shelter for the night but i can help with you finding it.

Sounds like a plan.
    You wouldn't touch a tree-hugging social liberal would you? Or need I remind you that I'm currently serving a 3-game suspension for laying the smack down in my last hockey game? :)

Is that contagious?

Nice, I didn't know that...you need to post some youtube video of Duty doing his best Bob Probert imitation.
    dutyje:
    You wouldn't touch a tree-hugging social liberal would you?
    I would just to shut them up