Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• MrMokeMrMoke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 321
    Had a La Preferencia Robusto, Natural for lunch, it was a little rough, a yard gar for sure.
    Now trying a Carreras Cubana Real Toro, Natural.
    Still thinking about what to have for dessert.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Nearly 2 hours into a RP 1990 that must have been nearly 9 inches long. It's about the size of a robusto now. Damn tasty.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    Just smoked a CAO L’Anniversaire Cameroon Belicoso. Great smoke, I have to say. Tons of flavor but extremely smooth. Had to evened up a couple times but not enough to detract from the flavor.
  • mrpillowmrpillow Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 464
    Had a Carlos Torano Signature. All I can say was it was AMAZING. I put a review up in the review forum for anyone interested.
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    Enjoying an Onyx Reserve toro right now. It's my first experience with one of these, and let me tell you - man! what a nice little maduro this guy is. Great sweet toasty cocoa flavor and perfect burn to boot.

I did a search on the forums for these and didn't see tons of feedback, but the little feedback I found was overwhelmingly positive. Based on the nice price point, I may have found my new go to maduro
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    had an AVO domaine today. i cant get enough of these guys... especially in the no.50 size.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Padilla Habano Torpedo.
  • brotheradambrotheradam Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 896
    Had a Tatuaje with Smoke=Fire at the B&M then a 262 Paradigm with Jetmech later.Thanks for hookup Vinny.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    Finished the night with a Padron 1964 Maduro Exclusivo. Always fantastic.
  • gaberoxgaberox Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 824
    mrpillow:
    Had a Carlos Torano Signature. All I can say was it was AMAZING. I put a review up in the review forum for anyone interested.

Just lit one of these up myself, the toro. This is the 4th one Ive had and I agree they are damn good. Too bad I only have one left. Ill be sure to check out your review as I enjoy mine. 1st cigar since Thurs night for me so Im happy right now.
  • txjayhawktxjayhawk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 311
    I had a G.A.R. last nite...it was very nice. I will be buying more of those!
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    txjayhawk:
    I had a G.A.R. last nite...it was very nice. I will be buying more of those!
    I had one recently and it's quite full-bodied to me. The flavors were good but I had problems with keeping it lit. I have another one so I'll revisit in a couple of months.
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    It was a Perdomo Habano Corojo for me last night. Bit harsh in the beginning, but mellowed out to a pleasant cedar flavor with a bit of sweetness.
    Having a La Aroma De Cuba EE belicoso for breakfast. Started with some nice pepper through the nose. Moving on to a toasty woodsy character. Maybe a little nutty at times. Could be a bit richer for my taste but pretty good.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Right now I'm enjoying a locally rolled cigar from a shop here in lovely whittier, CA. The cigar I chose is a Sumatra wrapper on top of all Nicaraguan filler, on the lighter side of medium but very tasty, reminds me of the Kristoff sumatra, which from me is a ringing endorsement.

edit: Little amendment, the cigar I had was an Ecaudor Conn. on top of a Nic. Dom filler mix...I was looking at the wrong box when I grabbed mine. The cigar was very good though, true quality from a small, family owned shop.
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,533
    the plan is a cohiba black for me after work
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 633
    Right now I'm enjoying a Padilla Miami Churchill.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    Reaching for a La Herencia Cubana Toro as we speak.  Nice way to finish along day.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    Cu-avana Maduro, Don Lino Africa, RP Sungrown, AB Sungrown, GH 2002
  • ljlljl Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 819
    Padron maddy churchill from late '08. Glad I kept some for aging. Going really good with the Shiner bock too...
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Had a Cain maduro on the way in to work this morning
    Had my 1st 5 Vegas A last night in the toro. Even though Ive heard good things I was pleasantly surprised. It was a very good maduro for cheap. Just woke up to a San Cristobal robusto. Man I love my days off.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    First cigar in almost 2 weeks... A Gurkha Shaggy Maduro.
    Very tasty can't believe I haven't tried this stick before.

Since I'll be going to a Camacho event at a local B&M, hopefully I'll find something Camacho that won't break the bank.

Or they'll take pity on me and gimme freebies !!!!

ljl:
    Padron maddy churchill from late '08. Glad I kept some for aging. Going really good with the Shiner bock too...

You can get Shiner up there????

I thought it was illegal to drink it outside of Texas !!!

But you're correct it does go nice with Padron's; another of my favs.

• Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    Had a Graycliff DE last night. My first cigar in 5 days. I'm usually not comfortable with absolute statements, but this is the best smelling cigar I've ever smoked. Great after dinner cigar, really smooth. I should have bought more.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    I forget what I had the past couple of days but I can tell you that I had a Cain F Nub last night and it was pretty tasty! I want more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The burn only needed two touchups. Probably because I had the windows open in my truck and the wind was messing up the burn. The draw was great.
  • martymcg43martymcg43 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 396
    had a Siboney Reserve this morning, and a Pepin blue exclusivo. 9.2 inches. helluva long smoke...
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Had a Romeo y Julieta Belicosos this afternoon.
  • bama3715bama3715 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 89