Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    5 Vegas Miami Box-pressed... had to fight this sob for like half an hour of touch-ups and sucking my face into my brain but after that (halfway-ish point) it was a damn good Cigar.... why do I have so many damn burn issues with box-pressed cigars?
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Hayblet:
    5 Vegas Miami Box-pressed... had to fight this sob for like half an hour of touch-ups and sucking my face into my brain but after that (halfway-ish point) it was a damn good Cigar.... why do I have so many damn burn issues with box-pressed cigars?
    My last Miami was tighter tha tight...normally a VERY good stick though
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Just smoked a RyJ Reserva Real Love Story. Good little mild stick.
  • Dark RoastDark Roast Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 463
    Carlos Torano EG
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    went to the hometown B&M and got a CAO Brazilia, excellent stick
  • brotheradambrotheradam Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 896
    Had my first Carlos Torano Dominico tonight I got from GadwinDuil in a PIF, it had a good draw and good burn with a creamy, nutty flavor and I enjoyed it. I'd definitely smoke more if I had more.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    I'm trying to decide what to follow my steak with. I'm tempted to try one of my Graycliff Double Espressos, but they have only rested two days. I'm also thinking maybe a La flor dominicana ligero or maybe a patel bros. Hmmmm.
    Had a Romeo y Julieta Belicoso on the way in to work this morning.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    Diamondog:
    Hayblet:
    My last Miami was tighter tha tight...normally a VERY good stick though

I have had trouble with the Miami in this fashion as well.
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Had a RP Decade last night. Maybe I had a bum one, but I wasn't impressed. Turned bitter in the second half and I had to toss it.
  • gaberoxgaberox Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 824
    In the middle of a Tat Cojonu 2003. Probably the most dissapointing stick Ive ever had. For such an amazing looking cigar it doesnt deliver much. Not bad enough to ditch half way but not a great value for the price. Maybe Ill give it another shot some time just to be fair.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    sightunseen:
    Had a RP Decade last night. Maybe I had a bum one, but I wasn't impressed. Turned bitter in the second half and I had to toss it.
    was it the torpedo? IMO, the torpedos are much better than any of the other sizes.
    Krieg:
    sightunseen:
    was it the torpedo? IMO, the torpedos are much better than any of the other sizes.
    I had the robusto. To be fair, it started off really well. Real nutty/woody and toasty. I'll have to try the torpedo next time.
    gaberox:
    In the middle of a Tat Cojonu 2003. Probably the most dissapointing stick Ive ever had. For such an amazing looking cigar it doesnt deliver much. Not bad enough to ditch half way but not a great value for the price. Maybe Ill give it another shot some time just to be fair.

Bleh gave up on this one with over a 3rd left. It was producing huge clouds of flavorless smoke. The aroma was great the wrapper smelled really good but I wasnt getting any flavor from the smoke. Not a good way to start the day.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    I had a RP 1961 Torpedo last night from the cotm club 6 months ago. It was really good. A lot better than the one I had a few months ago that was fresh. I think I had one burn issue with it. After a corrective light, everything was good. There was some tar buildup but it did not affect anything. Only after I pretty much nubbed it did I touch the tip and got some tar on my finger.

On the way home from the gig, I had a Fuente Queen B. This cigar does not suit my tastes but as I have more of the Fuente Sun Growns I find that I don't like them at all. It got better as I smoked more but didn't WOW me at all. I had one burn issue with this and after a corrective light I didn't have anymore issues.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Davidoff Millennium Blend.

been on a Davidoff kick as of late.

review when i get time.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Yesterday was my birthday so as I am pushing 30 I figured why not go all out. This is what I had yesterday, not in order btw...
    opus xxx
    mow ruination
    lfd dl chisel maduro
    cao brailia
    camacho liberty 08
    camacho pe
    The day before I had:
    paridim 82 or whatever that cigar is...
    cao america
    phobicsquirrel:
    Yesterday was my birthday so as I am pushing 30 I figured why not go all out. This is what I had yesterday, not in order btw...
    opus xxx
    mow ruination
    lfd dl chisel maduro
    cao brailia
    camacho liberty 08
    camacho pe
    The day before I had:
    paridim 82 or whatever that cigar is...
    cao america
    Nice. How is your palate doing?
    Fine I worked my way up, though I had lot's of coffe/coke yesterday.. lol. I was trying to throw in a camacho 3x maddie but I spent enough time in my computer room.. lol. This weekend I plan on smoking all the MOW's while doing some poker!!!
    phobicsquirrel:
    Fine I worked my way up, though I had lot's of coffe/coke yesterday.. lol. I was trying to throw in a camacho 3x maddie but I spent enough time in my computer room.. lol. This weekend I plan on smoking all the MOW's while doing some poker!!!
    Wow, seriously, that line-up sounded like it took up a good chunk of the day.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    Going to a Gurkha/Drew Estates event tonight...... Don't know what I'll be smoking, but I'll give a recap later tonight or tomorrow.
  • sol1821sol1821 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 706
    had a gurkha turk
    ive had two before and didn’t like them that much but i was trying a new pairing and thought id give it a go.
    i dont know if it was the pairing or that the cigar had an extra 6months on it but i enjoyed this one.
    i paired it with a very nice cider, not the mass produced stuff, but one specially crafted from a signal orchards apples.
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 633
    I'm having a RP edge lite..can't go wrong with a Rocky.
    Perdomo Lot 23
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    5Vegas Cask II
    Capping off the night with a 601 red toro. Really enjoying the great weather tonight. Finally no wind nice and warm just perfect. Im sure going to pay for it at work tomorrow though its way past my bed time and im only an inch in. Had a Cuban Classic earlier as well. First 3 cigar day Ive had all year. The Tat 2003 from this morning doesnt really count cause it just sucked lol.
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    Padilla 1948, Tatuaje Havana IV both were pretty good
    sightunseen:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Wow, seriously, that line-up sounded like it took up a good chunk of the day.
    yeah, I woke up early and started then. was pretty much done by 5 pm.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Gurkha Turk, Perdomo ESV Vintage
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    Had an A. Fernandez last night. This particular one was extra peppery. Not sure what is in store for tonight.