Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• MrMokeMrMoke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 321
    Good old; well aged CAO Brazilia torp, burnt it sipping a Starbucks, very nice!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Russ55:
    laker1963:
    Russ55:
    laker1963:
    Russ55:
    I finally tried out the Oliva V. Great cigar. Flavor, burn, aroma, strength. Has it all. My faith is renewed in Oliva. This is the last blend of their line that I've tried, and only that I liked.
    Have you had a Master Blend 111 ? They rock.
    Yep. Tried their entire line, save the Cains. Didn't like any of them. Good cigars, I would certainly recommend them to people who haven't tried them, but they're not my cup of tea. I want something that wows me, and nothing Oliva makes does that, except the V. Now to be fair, I've only tried one of the MB IIIs. It was the torpedo. I found the flavor too light and overall the cigar was pretty forgettable. I have one more resting that has six months on it. I will try that one out again sometime. Eventually.
    What are you loving these days Russ? Not the animals... the cigars :)
    Hmm. Let's see, currently it's the SP double maduro, Cuba Libre, Joya de nic Fuerte, ruination, SCCC, La gloria Cubana, and the RP Sungrown. Gonna add the V to that though. I've also been exploring Graycliff a bit, but they can be pricey, so that's more of a once in a while smoke. Hell, all my cigars are once in a whiles these days!
    Hey Russ, totally agree about the Graycliffs, I've really come to appreciate what they bring to the table but, like you said, the good ones tend to be pricey...I don't know if you do any buying at c-bid, but I've found that most Graycliffs have a definite price ceiling over there of way below retail, worth checking out if you want them at a more palatable price.

Had a few today, first up was a Cabaiguan Guapo maduro that I enjoyed quite a bit. Later was an Arganese ML3 torpedo, a real sleeper of a cigar imo, nothing about it indicates it is a very good cigar until you light it up and taste that first puff. I'd swear I had one in between those, but for the life of me I cannot recall what it was...hmm.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:
    laker1963:
    Russ55:
    laker1963:
    Russ55:
    I finally tried out the Oliva V. Great cigar. Flavor, burn, aroma, strength. Has it all. My faith is renewed in Oliva. This is the last blend of their line that I've tried, and only that I liked.
    Have you had a Master Blend 111 ? They rock.
    Yep. Tried their entire line, save the Cains. Didn't like any of them. Good cigars, I would certainly recommend them to people who haven't tried them, but they're not my cup of tea. I want something that wows me, and nothing Oliva makes does that, except the V. Now to be fair, I've only tried one of the MB IIIs. It was the torpedo. I found the flavor too light and overall the cigar was pretty forgettable. I have one more resting that has six months on it. I will try that one out again sometime. Eventually.
    What are you loving these days Russ? Not the animals... the cigars :)
    Hmm. Let's see, currently it's the SP double maduro, Cuba Libre, Joya de nic Fuerte, ruination, SCCC, La gloria Cubana, and the RP Sungrown. Gonna add the V to that though. I've also been exploring Graycliff a bit, but they can be pricey, so that's more of a once in a while smoke. Hell, all my cigars are once in a whiles these days!
    Hey Russ, totally agree about the Graycliffs, I've really come to appreciate what they bring to the table but, like you said, the good ones tend to be pricey...I don't know if you do any buying at c-bid, but I've found that most Graycliffs have a definite price ceiling over there of way below retail, worth checking out if you want them at a more palatable price.

Had a few today, first up was a Cabaiguan Guapo maduro that I enjoyed quite a bit. Later was an Arganese ML3 torpedo, a real sleeper of a cigar imo, nothing about it indicates it is a very good cigar until you light it up and taste that first puff. I'd swear I had one in between those, but for the life of me I cannot recall what it was...hmm.
    Good idea Joe. I'll go poke around there and see what I can find.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Gurkha Centurian in the AM
    Such a phenomenal smoke!

• DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Had an LFD Double Ligero...very nice!
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    If the mail ran today, it would be a CCOM House Blend. Since it didn't, I don't know. Probably a RyJ Viejo.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    I've been a smoking fiend this weekend, yesterday I had a Nica Libre with about 2 years of age on it and have to say it was a great smoke, much better than I remember. That night after dinner when the nightly GA thunderstorm rolled through, I smoked the Paradigm 262 Box Press. Good smoke, very smooth, however, didn't get any of the citrus that has been mentioned before...maybe it was the torpedo that had those notes.

Today, after lunch I had a RP Sun Grown Toro. Haven't decided what my after dinner smoke is gonna be yet...maybe a Diesel or a AB Tempus Quadrum.

CAO America Potomac... not bad but not a wow cigar.

Finished it a little early.

Had a Padilla Dominus tonight, first time smoking, very nice, will be very excited to revisit this one with some age on it...
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    Had an RP Cuban Blend, DPG JJ, and a Nicarao
  • gaberoxgaberox Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 824
    Nothing for me tonight but tomorrow Im going to enjoy as many 601's as I can. In honor of tomorrow being 6-01 which is the day the brand is named after. Which was the date a few years back Pepin visited and agreed to blend for EO. Im a huge 601 fan although Ill be happy if Im able to get in more than one. Heres hoping I knock a few out considering I dont work tomorrow.
    gaberox:
    Nothing for me tonight but tomorrow Im going to enjoy as many 601's as I can. In honor of tomorrow being 6-01 which is the day the brand is named after. Which was the date a few years back Pepin visited and agreed to blend for EO. Im a huge 601 fan although Ill be happy if Im able to get in more than one. Heres hoping I knock a few out considering I dont work tomorrow.

Starting the festivities off with a 601 blue torp. Couldnt decide on blue, red, green, black or Cubao. Went with old reliabe the blue. Wish I had a Mi Barrio for the occasion though. Anyone care to join me for a 601 on 6-01?
    Online of course. Yeah Im a nerd lol.
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    A nice two cigar day yesterday. A JdN Antano in the afternoon and a Graycliff Double Espresso in the evening.
  • BTJR99BTJR99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 97
    Saturday night I had a java maduro, decent cigar, had a few burn issues. Last night I had an Alec Bradley Maxx which was pretty good up to about the mid point and then it was ruined by a nasty thunderstorm that soaked me and my cigar.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    gunna go out and have a RP Renaissance (aka Edge Sumatra)
    havent had one of these in quite some time.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Yesterday was a good day of smokes for me! Started out with a Kristoff Criollo which was fantastic as always, then moved on to a Tatuaje White label while grilling a few nice rib eyes, then after dinner, relaxed on the porch of the new house with a glass of Auchentoshan Scotch, and an RP Decade! Great way to spend Memorial Day and our anniversary! Also a great excuse to break out the grill for the first time on the new patio!
  • fuentejpsfuentejps Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 345
    i started a torano 1916[cedar wrapped] last night, tossed it about 1/4 in. tasted like ass.
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    fuentejps:
    i started a torano 1916[cedar wrapped] last night, tossed it about 1/4 in. tasted like ass.
    Allow me to introduce you to this tread:

http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/10/129552/ShowThread.aspx#129552
    Birthday Smoke... my first ISOM.

• Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    stephen_hannibal:

Happy birthday!! I am smokin an AMAZING camacho triple maduro. Great cigar and veryclose to #1!!
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    phobicsquirrel:
    rwheelwright:
    Smoked my one and only Padron 45th Maduro Family Reserve. It was....... good. Not great for $30. I only bought one to try. Maybe some age would do this cigar well but I haven't been liking Padrons for a while now. I don't hate them; they just don't wow me. With that being said, I have only ever had the 1964, 1926, 44th and 45th. I haven't had any of the regular lines. After that I went to a Gurkha Archive 1887. Now, this cigar was good! Not great either but I liked it a lot more than the Padron. I would buy a few more but I have to find a price cheaper than $10 and I really can't spend the money now.
    have you had a '26 80th maduro?
    Nope! Having a hard time justifying the price. That's weird coming from the guy who dropped $60 on the Gran Arturo Anniversario. But, I like Fuente's more!
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    SO, Im not sure if I already commented on this or not but Friday I had a NUb Maduro Torpedo. I have liked these in the past but this one really didn't do much for me. Saturday on the way home from my g/fs apartment I lit up a ITC 10th. Decent smoke. Sunday at a friends house I sparked up a CAO Soprano's Torpedo I got from Tony! This was a good cigar. I got one more left that I am going to age for a while. And finally, yesterday I had a Nub 460 Cameroon. Decent cigar. I still like the box pressed torpedo. Nothing today. I need a break from smoking. Been smoking everyday for like 2 weeks or more.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    Alex Williams:
    stephen_hannibal:

Happy birthday!! I am smokin an AMAZING camacho triple maduro. Great cigar and veryclose to #1!!
    What did you think of this one?
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Fourtotheflush:
    Alex Williams:
    stephen_hannibal:

What did you think of this one?
    what was the box code do you know? any idea on age? my experience with ISOMs is limited but i often hear that age does them good. so info on age and if you liked it would be awesome.
    Had a 5 Vegas Classic torp as a mid day snack...

Not bad but one dimensional.

• thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,533
    brazilia ipanema on the way home and a espresso,
  • MrMokeMrMoke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 321
    Havn't made my mind up yet but am hoping to hit the B&M on my way home, was thinking of either J.Fuego Delirium, Onyx Reserve or Esteban Careras Cubana Real, think I'm in a maduro mood today.
    Just finished a Padron Londres as my 'afternoon cigar', delicious as always ..... yes it is a maduro day
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    Nicarao X2, MOW original, DPG Blue Label
    MrMoke:
    Havn't made my mind up yet but am hoping to hit the B&M on my way home, was thinking of either J.Fuego Delirium, Onyx Reserve or Esteban Careras Cubana Real, think I'm in a maduro mood today.

Just finished a Padron Londres as my 'afternoon cigar', delicious as always ..... yes it is a maduro day

Mmm the Delierium is a delicious maduro. Very underrated as you dont hear much about it. Havent had one in a while and the are damn good. The 777 maddy by J.Fuego is also good but the Delirium has much more flavor. Next up for me is a 601 red toro. Time for a juicy habano wrapper.