Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• docedwardsdocedwards Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 319
    I had a Rocky Vintage '90. Will be flying to KC later today and have plans to get my hands, (lips) on a 262 Paradigm. Haven't found any in AL yet.
  • brotheradambrotheradam Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 896
    brotheradam:
    Had a Cusano 18, very smooth mild to medium with good burn and great draw.
    Had to have a another one to celebrate another great series ending Lakers victory, Gurkha Empire II
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Finished the evening up with a 5 Vegas Classic torp....as always, fitting name for the stick...
  • HugemooseHugemoose Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 458
    I enjoyed a Nub Cammy tonight while admiring my buddies RX7 with a 350 under the hood. I brought some sticks for them, but they stuck to cigs. Bummer.....
    Had a Cain maduro earlier today, haven't decided what to have yet this evening.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Started the vacation off with a Perdomo Habano Lot23 in the new Gordito size.
    This cigar tastes way different. Kinda of woodsy (everygreenish) with a pepper that builds in the end.

• Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    stephen_hannibal:
    Alex Williams:
    what do i want tonight. Celebrating finals being over: Camacho Triple Maduro, Ashton VSG, or Graycliff Double Espresso?
    or all 3?

I wish! I actually pulled an audible and went with the RP decade courtesy of fourto's 1000 post contest. Pretty damn tasty!!
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    Alex Williams:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Alex Williams:
    what do i want tonight. Celebrating finals being over: Camacho Triple Maduro, Ashton VSG, or Graycliff Double Espresso?
    or all 3?

I wish! I actually pulled an audible and went with the RP decade courtesy of fourto's 1000 post contest. Pretty damn tasty!!
    GO WITH THE CAMACHO !!!
    You like those Decades eh?
    laker1963:
    Alex Williams:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Alex Williams:
    or all 3?

GO WITH THE CAMACHO !!!
    that is tonight's cigar! it was a 7/10 for me. didnt seem very complex.
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    Yesterday MoW Virtue, MoW Original, and MoW Ruination. Today Padron Brown Label
    Had a 5 Vegas Relic tonight...jury is still out on this one...
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
    Hoyo Excalibur right now. An older one, before they changed to the gold on black field on the band. This one is gold on brown. Not sure exactly how old it is though.

• gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    My first CAO Vision ... enjoyed on the back deck with a Diet Coke. Pretty dang good ! Definitly in the catagory of "smoke again".
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    I finally tried out the Oliva V. Great cigar. Flavor, burn, aroma, strength. Has it all. My faith is renewed in Oliva. This is the last blend of their line that I've tried, and only that I liked.
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,533
    NUB MADURO my first not bad at alll it rank up there with my fave's
  • ThinBluLine06ThinBluLine06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 283
    Padilla Obsidion... have to admit, I was scared as heck to take it out of the humi, since I have heard so much negativity towards this line...I have a couple that have been sitting for 3 months...I was actually pleasantly surprised...I had no construction/burn problems and enjoyed the flavors...
  • brotheradambrotheradam Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 896
    Had my first Chateau Real, great burn, great draw, loved it.
    Russ55:
    I finally tried out the Oliva V. Great cigar. Flavor, burn, aroma, strength. Has it all. My faith is renewed in Oliva. This is the last blend of their line that I've tried, and only that I liked.
    Have you had a Master Blend 111 ? They rock.
    Alex Williams:
    laker1963:
    Alex Williams:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Alex Williams:
    or all 3?

GO WITH THE CAMACHO !!!
    Which are you talking about, the Camacho was a 7/10 or the Decade?
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    I was thinking of trying out the Oliva O (heard it was great for newbies like myself), but I thought I'd keep in the humidor for a bit longer. Ended up pulling out the La Herencia Cubana (Original). At first, I tasted some pepper and some spices. A bit later, I tasted something a bit nutty, but tasty. Very late into the cigar, it kicked me with some earth and spice. I was a bit surprised at first, since I'm a new smoker, but it wasn't bad (maybe after my palate gets used to cigar flavors, I'll be more used to it). As for the burn, it was really lopsided for the first inch, but it evened out pretty quickly after.
  • babsdpubabsdpu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 143
    Had a Gurkha Park Avenue, what will probably be my only cigar of the holiday weekend. Definitely worth it! Subtly complex for a Connecticut (and a Gurkha no less!). Great end to a great day with the little one.
    laker1963:
    Alex Williams:
    laker1963:
    Alex Williams:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Alex Williams:
    or all 3?

GO WITH THE CAMACHO !!!
    The decade.
    Alex Williams:
    laker1963:
    Alex Williams:
    laker1963:
    Alex Williams:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Alex Williams:
    or all 3?

GO WITH THE CAMACHO !!!
    The decade.
    Ahhh. I was thinking you may have been talking about the Camacho.

So is that tomorrows stick? If so let me know what you think.
    laker1963:
    Russ55:
    Yep. Tried their entire line, save the Cains. Didn't like any of them. Good cigars, I would certainly recommend them to people who haven't tried them, but they're not my cup of tea. I want something that wows me, and nothing Oliva makes does that, except the V. Now to be fair, I've only tried one of the MB IIIs. It was the torpedo. I found the flavor too light and overall the cigar was pretty forgettable. I have one more resting that has six months on it. I will try that one out again sometime. Eventually.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    nothing for me, the wife and I are working through mario galaxy 2 going back and forth. Kind of a quiet evening. Tomorrow though I want to get a stick or three in!
    Russ55:
    laker1963:
    Russ55:
    Yep. Tried their entire line, save the Cains. Didn't like any of them. Good cigars, I would certainly recommend them to people who haven't tried them, but they're not my cup of tea. I want something that wows me, and nothing Oliva makes does that, except the V. Now to be fair, I've only tried one of the MB IIIs. It was the torpedo. I found the flavor too light and overall the cigar was pretty forgettable. I have one more resting that has six months on it. I will try that one out again sometime. Eventually.
    What are you loving these days Russ? Not the animals... the cigars :)
    phobicsquirrel:
    nothing for me, the wife and I are working through mario galaxy 2 going back and forth. Kind of a quiet evening. Tomorrow though I want to get a stick or three in!
    Sounds of a cracking whip can be heard in the background. teeheeeheeehee .

I hope she is letting you win at least. :)~
  • ljlljl Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 819
    Padilla Miami that I got in trade from Tumbler. Going great so far. Since I'm on staycation it's been cigar weekend! Might try to slip in one of the GH 2002s before I call it a night.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    5 Vegas Miami. This is my first Miami, and so far I'm impressed. Complex, and spicy!
    laker1963:
    Russ55:
    laker1963:
    Russ55:
    What are you loving these days Russ? Not the animals... the cigars :)
    Hmm. Let's see, currently it's the SP double maduro, Cuba Libre, Joya de nic Fuerte, ruination, SCCC, La gloria Cubana, and the RP Sungrown. Gonna add the V to that though. I've also been exploring Graycliff a bit, but they can be pricey, so that's more of a once in a while smoke. Hell, all my cigars are once in a whiles these days!