Home General Discussion

Battle of the countries...

Comments

• laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    Yeah, me too. Duty figures he may have more info. from Tim today so maybe we will know soon.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    gmill880:
    Timeline and cost is what will decide for me
    Same here, this sounds like a ton of fun! And probably doable for me if the price is in the 30-40 range. i just spent $100 on a cc.com order, so my wife would freak...but...I have some cash stowed away in one of my old cigar boxes for a special occasion :)
  • mtndew9mtndew9 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8

I would also like to get in on this. I'm new with no trades so I can pay first just let me know how much and where to send it.

Thank you

• dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    Another quick update on this... my grandfather has elected to check out, and I don't think it will take him very long to settle up his tab. If that's the case, I'll be headed to Tampa for a couple days. I may not be able to get on here and wrap up the details until I return. I'll try to get it squared away before I leave, but that may not be possible. I'll be bringing my laptop with me, and will probably stop by the office in Jacksonville, but I can't promise that this thing won't be pushed to end of week or early next week.
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    Sorry to hear that, doody. Condolences to you and the family.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Sorry to hear about that Duty. Needless to say, take your time. I'm sure nobody minds you attending to more pressing matters and putting this thing on hold for a bit. Do what you gotta do, we'll be here when it's done.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Sorry to hear it duty, take care of family first, let us know how things work out.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    I wish you and your family the best man, take it easy down there.....
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Best wishes to the family and you buddy, sorry to hear it ...
    Thanks, all.. at his age (93?) this isn't much of a shock. My grandmother will probably follow soon, as she is the same age (to the day). He was a doctor, and understands very well his current situation. He was quite lucid, but decided to forego further transfusions and elected to ride things out in the company of his wife. I believe he is reasonably comfortable, and ready to move on. We can take comfort in the fact that he gets to go out on his own terms, in the company of his family.
    Getting to call his own shots at 93 with the support of his family ...we should all be so lucky...I would proably sign up for that today !!! Big hug for the Duty family...
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    gmill880:
    Big hug for the Duty family...

I echo that ((((hug))))
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    Sorry to hear about this Duty.
    Take your time, do your thing. Your extended BOTL family will be waiting for you to get back.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Sorry to hear that Duty, I wish you and your family well.
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    condolences, deuteronomy. And thanks for being the organizer of this.
    No news at the moment, either from Tim or the continental penis. If I haven't heard from Tim by tomorrow morning, I'll give him a call to check in.
  • smbrinksmbrink Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    Ima have to pull out of this one. The wife's about to quit her job to get an internship. Condolences to you and yours Duty.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Sorry to hear duty. Sounds like he is doing it his own way which is great but sad at the same time.
    dutyje:
    No news at the moment, either from Tim or the continental penis. If I haven't heard from Tim by tomorrow morning, I'll give him a call to check in.
    Hey duty.. Did I miss something, who is this second person you speak of Where is josh when you break bad on the boss ?
    kaspera79:
    dutyje:
    Hey duty.. Did I miss something, who is this second person you speak of ( Alex) ? Where is josh when you break bad on the boss ?
    LOL.. the continental penis is a state in the union, not a person
  • rdnstnrdnstn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 991
    Dang, I can't believe how much I missed while I was away. I'm in as long as the cost is not outrageous. Sign me up Duty and can you tell me what info you need me to PM you again. I know I could look it up but 7 pages is a lot of posts to wade through.

My condolences to you also Duty. You, your Grandfather and your family are all in my prayers.
    rdnstn:
    Dang, I can't believe how much I missed while I was away. I'm in as long as the cost is not outrageous. Sign me up Duty and can you tell me what info you need me to PM you again. I know I could look it up but 7 pages is a lot of posts to wade through.

My condolences to you also Duty. You, your Grandfather and your family are all in my prayers.
    Cool, Ron... in the PM, I need your mailing address and e-mail address.
    dutyje:
    kaspera79:
    dutyje:
    Hey duty.. Did I miss something, who is this second person you speak of Where is josh when you break bad on the boss ?
    LOL.. the continental penis is a state in the union, not a person
    Sorry for the misunderatanding... I should have known better.
  • brsmith21brsmith21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 207
    I'm late to the party (and new to the board), but I'd like in as well. PM coming.
    cool, Mr. Smith... since you're new, you'll need to drive to my house with 2 pounds of Maurice's and a bottle of the sauce to pick up your cigars ;)
    Here's our updated list. I'll edit the post to maintain the list, but it was getting hard to find back there.. I guess I'll keep moving it around.

dutyje
    cheyman
    bbc020
    j0z3r
    urbino
    Luko
    alienmisprint
    sane
    kuzi16
    madurofan
    kaspera79
    mtndew9
    brsmith21
    rdnstn

Sounds like we are fixin' to have some fun with this one. Come on let's get a few more to play along.
    Got the news from Tampa.. Not sure when I'll be out of town, but I'm guessing I'll leave on Thursday, back by Saturday, give or take a day on the front or back end of the trip.
    Yeah joe, take care.