Home General Discussion

New Man O' War Armada

Comments

• doromathdoromath Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 576
    Thanks Alex!

I'm definitely excited to try this and in for one of the 3 packs if anyone is keeping track. I'll email Andy and tell him to just bill me and send me one as soon as it's live ;)
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Alex, when can I place my order for a box?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Lasabar:
    kuzi16:
    sol1821:
    Duder2:
    sol1821:
    so that top secret stuff in there,......is it from a small isom?
    Um, that would be illegal...
    yer i know i was just throwing it out there as an idea as to why part of it needs to remain secret, in the hope some other musings get voiced
    many companies keep secrets about their blends. RP has a leaf that he puts in many of his blends that he wont tell anyone.
    Its banana leaves
    Actually it's a banana hammock that has been worn by an Armenian for no less than three months to get it properly fermented.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    j0z3r:
    Lasabar:
    kuzi16:
    sol1821:
    Duder2:
    sol1821:
    yer i know i was just throwing it out there as an idea as to why part of it needs to remain secret, in the hope some other musings get voiced
    many companies keep secrets about their blends. RP has a leaf that he puts in many of his blends that he wont tell anyone.
    Its banana leaves
    Actually it's a banana hammock that has been worn by an Armenian for no less than three months to get it properly fermented.
    Boy, what some people will say just in order to get a big stash of some sticks. Good one Joe ;)
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    Alex Svenson:
    Indeed. Whatever I work out for the forum will be a smaller pack so that guys can try it. I realize this is a very expensive cigar and I need to make it accessible to some of our big supporters. It has not been a tough sell to get my marketing people to support my programs for the forum. You guys are a very vocal group and have been very supportive of Cigar.com so I am always wanting to find ways to support you. I have some extra money in the budget this year and if I can use it to make these accessible by selling below cost, I think it is still a win win. Im thinking 3 for $20 (with free shipping). I am taking a bit of a bath, but not huge and I respect that even at $7 a stick that is more than some guys usually like to spend so I think it works out as a decent compromise. I will most likely be limited to 50 packs and I can assure you, you wont see these things on sale or discounted beyond the box price ever so it will be a one and only shot kind of thing. With only 10,000 cigars a year, they may end up going out of stock for long periods of time. When you think about it, that is really only about 300 boxes for a whole year.

Thanks for the great deals Alex! Mark me down for one of these!
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    j0z3r:
    Lasabar:
    kuzi16:
    sol1821:
    Duder2:
    sol1821:
    Its banana leaves
    bahahahahahhahahaha lmao!
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    j0z3r:
    Lasabar:
    kuzi16:
    sol1821:
    Duder2:
    sol1821:
    Its banana leaves
    Sooo.... Nish Patel's undies? Weird. I know Rocky loves fermentation though.
  • RianRian Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 30

This blend is exciting!!! Can't wait, love all the MOW.

Should be a nice end to an evening here in Afghanistan.

• ScottTDawgScottTDawg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 200
    Alex Svenson:
    Indeed. Whatever I work out for the forum will be a smaller pack so that guys can try it. I realize this is a very expensive cigar and I need to make it accessible to some of our big supporters. It has not been a tough sell to get my marketing people to support my programs for the forum. You guys are a very vocal group and have been very supportive of Cigar.com so I am always wanting to find ways to support you. I have some extra money in the budget this year and if I can use it to make these accessible by selling below cost, I think it is still a win win. Im thinking 3 for $20 (with free shipping). I am taking a bit of a bath, but not huge and I respect that even at $7 a stick that is more than some guys usually like to spend so I think it works out as a decent compromise. I will most likely be limited to 50 packs and I can assure you, you wont see these things on sale or discounted beyond the box price ever so it will be a one and only shot kind of thing. With only 10,000 cigars a year, they may end up going out of stock for long periods of time. When you think about it, that is really only about 300 boxes for a whole year.
    I'd take a 3-pack!
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    Alex, once again, thank you and all at cigar.com. This site is amazing. When I first heard of these, I wanted to jump all over a box, but didn't want to commit to the price without trying it first. I'd definitely be in on a 3 pack and I'm gonna start saving now because if it's as good as it sounds, I'm down for a box.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Alex Svenson:
    It has not been a tough sell to get my marketing people to support my programs for the forum. You guys are a very vocal group and have been very supportive of Cigar.com so I am always wanting to find ways to support you.
    Thank you!
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Krieg:
    Alex Svenson:
    It has not been a tough sell to get my marketing people to support my programs for the forum. You guys are a very vocal group and have been very supportive of Cigar.com so I am always wanting to find ways to support you.
    Thank you!

+1!!!
  • TheDrifterTheDrifter Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 83
    Glad to hear that it's for active members and keeping the post count kind of low, I was getting nervous! Regardless if I don't get the deal I'll probably still pay retail, they sound awesome.
  • jship079jship079 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 621
    I will for sure get a sampler
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    rwheelwright:
    You can place an order today for a box if you want. You will be on the wait list and will get shipped as soon as they come in in october.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Alex Svenson:
    rwheelwright:
    You can place an order today for a box if you want. You will be on the wait list and will get shipped as soon as they come in in october.
    Hey Alex, can we order singles, 5 packs, or 10 packs? Or will it be strictly boxes only? I'd love the 3 pack, but wondering if I have to do the box split if I want more.
  • asolomonasolomon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 127
    If there's a forum sampler I'm definitely in! Hope my low post count doesn't look too too bad :-x and I hope you guys'll ship to the UK!
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    wwhwang:
    Alex Svenson:
    rwheelwright:
    Hey Alex, can we order singles, 5 packs, or 10 packs? Or will it be strictly boxes only? I'd love the 3 pack, but wondering if I have to do the box split if I want more.
    We will have singles, but only at retail so it will be steep. That said, we are going to have a top tier chirstmas sampler of 5 very high end sticks at a special price and it will be one of those. That item will be for sale 11/1. That is the only sampler we are really putting it in. Just not not enough inventory. The other 4 sticks in that sampler kick ass too though.
    There may be one other way to get some without breaking the bank. If you sign up for our cigar of the month club, you will get 3 gratis armada and a cutter with your first months package (that is in addition to the 5 cigars that come with the club. This is not for sure yet, I am trying to get the bean counters to sign off on it but the odds look good it will start later this year. Pretty good incentive to join the club don't you think? For the past few years, we have done the $100 msrp shipment for the first month but I think it is time for a change. I am sure people are reading this who belong to the club already are wondering how they would take advantage of this. Don't worry, we will think of something to reward your loyalty. No need to quit and rejoin but I need to figure out how to make that work.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Alex Svenson:
    There may be one other way to get some without breaking the bank. If you sign up for our cigar of the month club, you will get 3 gratis armada and a cutter with your first months package (that is in addition to the 5 cigars that come with the club. This is not for sure yet, I am trying to get the bean counters to sign off on it but the odds look good it will start later this year. Pretty good incentive to join the club don't you think? For the past few years, we have done the $100 msrp shipment for the first month but I think it is time for a change. I am sure people are reading this who belong to the club already are wondering how they would take advantage of this. Don't worry, we will think of something to reward your loyalty. No need to quit and rejoin but I need to figure out how to make that work.
    Hmmm when would I have to sign up?

Alex Svenson:
    Sweet! When do I sign up? Jesus, man. You really know how to take care of us. This is why I keep coming back.
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    stephen_hannibal:
    Alex Svenson:
    Hmmm when would I have to sign up?

+ 1
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    So it there still going to be a 3 pack for $20 shipped offer that was said earlier?
    zeebra:
    So it there still going to be a 3 pack for $20 shipped offer that was said earlier?
    Yes. Alex is just saying that in addition to that, there will be a Christmas special AND possibly a 3 pack bonus to COTM.
  • doromathdoromath Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 576
    All of this makes me very happy that I'm going to be DONE saving for the wedding in 3 weeks and will likely have LOTS of humidor space to fill in November!! If that COTM offer gets approved that may be my X-mas gift to myself ;)
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    doromath:
    All of this makes me very happy that I'm going to be DONE saving for the wedding in 3 weeks and will likely have LOTS of humidor space to fill in November!! If that COTM offer gets approved that may be my X-mas gift to myself ;)
    just in time for the TW Anniversary herf :)
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    Alex Svenson:

cOUNT ME IN WHEN DO I ORDER lol ! I would love to have a three pack of these ! Or whatever i can get! ALEX ROCKS!
    Any word on if the Armada's been ok'd to be in the COTM, Alex? I'm ready to pull the trigger if it is.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Anyone have any photos of the band?
    Only photos we have released so far have been of the box. I will try to get some others. Due to the crazy rain in Nicaragua this year these need a little more rest. Shipment has been delayed until first half of November. In good news, we have a green light for our cigar of the month promo. All new signups after 11/1 will get three free armada and a cutter accompanying their first months shipment!!