Home General Discussion

New Man O' War Armada

Comments

• wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    ENFIDL:
    wwhwang:
    Lol. Definitely need more people in on the split. And thanks for the description, Alex...I need to wipe drool from the laptop now.
    I had to get IT to replace my keyboard after reading Alex's last post......they weren't happy with me....lol
    Think we should get a 4 way split? Each person gets 8?
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    wwhwang:
    ENFIDL:
    wwhwang:
    Lol. Definitely need more people in on the split. And thanks for the description, Alex...I need to wipe drool from the laptop now.
    I had to get IT to replace my keyboard after reading Alex's last post......they weren't happy with me....lol
    That sounds like a pretty good plan to me and then whoever we agree upon for the box would just pay extra obviously.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    wwhwang:
    ENFIDL:
    wwhwang:
    I'd def. be up for that!
    t_evan50:
    wwhwang:
    ENFIDL:
    wwhwang:
    I'd def. be up for that!
    There's 3 of us!
    Ok. We got me, T-evans, and ENFIDL for a split. We need one more and who wants the humidor box?
    Let's not set anything stone as of yet though since we don't know what Alex's deal is gonna be if he can get one for us. It could work out better for us than that. Although I def wanna have it in place in the event that he can't do a deal.
    wwhwang:
    Ok. We got me, T-evans, and ENFIDL for a split. We need one more and who wants the humidor box?
    I'm digging the box!!! lol
    ENFIDL:
    Let's not set anything stone as of yet though since we don't know what Alex's deal is gonna be if he can get one for us. It could work out better for us than that. Although I def wanna have it in place in the event that he can't do a deal.
    Ok. So we figure a 4 way split if Alex can't do a special. If he can, maybe just a 2 way split, depending on price?
    wwhwang:
    ENFIDL:
    Ok. So we figure a 4 way split if Alex can't do a special. If he can, maybe just a 2 way split, depending on price?
    From the way I understood his post it'll be small packs that he does if he can do a special on them. If it is a box yeah 2 or 3 way split would probably work best
  • sol1821sol1821 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 706
    Alex Svenson:
    I am trying to work with my marketing people to free up some space in the budget to do a special reduced price package of a couple cigars for forum members only so they can try it at a reasonable price. Hopefully it will go through but if it does, there will be a very limited number of packs. i will keep you posted on the specifics of such a deal as I finalize it. I imagine there will be some sort of post count minimum to qualify so get busy ramping up your posts between now and mid october LOL

how about just for forum members who have got their MoW badge?
    Doesn't matter to me. Whatever works best. I won't fight for the box, but would like to watch if you guys do. :)
    t_evan50:
    Doesn't matter to me. Whatever works best. I won't fight for the box, but would like to watch if you guys do. :)
    lol it'll be like the thunderdome 2 men enter only 1 leaves with the Armada box!
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    When I hear MOW and new blend I am like one of Pavlov's dogs.
  • ScottTDawgScottTDawg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 200
    fla-gypsy:
    When I hear MOW and new blend I am like one of Pavlov's dogs.

+1
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    Indeed. Whatever I work out for the forum will be a smaller pack so that guys can try it. I realize this is a very expensive cigar and I need to make it accessible to some of our big supporters. It has not been a tough sell to get my marketing people to support my programs for the forum. You guys are a very vocal group and have been very supportive of Cigar.com so I am always wanting to find ways to support you. I have some extra money in the budget this year and if I can use it to make these accessible by selling below cost, I think it is still a win win. Im thinking 3 for $20 (with free shipping). I am taking a bit of a bath, but not huge and I respect that even at $7 a stick that is more than some guys usually like to spend so I think it works out as a decent compromise. I will most likely be limited to 50 packs and I can assure you, you wont see these things on sale or discounted beyond the box price ever so it will be a one and only shot kind of thing. With only 10,000 cigars a year, they may end up going out of stock for long periods of time. When you think about it, that is really only about 300 boxes for a whole year.
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    Oh yea........3 for $20. Count me in for a pack or two!! Where do I sign up?
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    Alex Svenson:
    Indeed. Whatever I work out for the forum will be a smaller pack so that guys can try it. I realize this is a very expensive cigar and I need to make it accessible to some of our big supporters. It has not been a tough sell to get my marketing people to support my programs for the forum. You guys are a very vocal group and have been very supportive of Cigar.com so I am always wanting to find ways to support you. I have some extra money in the budget this year and if I can use it to make these accessible by selling below cost, I think it is still a win win. Im thinking 3 for $20 (with free shipping). I am taking a bit of a bath, but not huge and I respect that even at $7 a stick that is more than some guys usually like to spend so I think it works out as a decent compromise. I will most likely be limited to 50 packs and I can assure you, you wont see these things on sale or discounted beyond the box price ever so it will be a one and only shot kind of thing. With only 10,000 cigars a year, they may end up going out of stock for long periods of time. When you think about it, that is really only about 300 boxes for a whole year.
    Not to mention that a few hundred will be pulled from production so I have plenty to smoke LOL.
    Alex thank you for the great deals you and your staff always hook us up with. Even willing to sell below cost to us, amazingly ridiculous and generous of you!
    zeebra:
    Oh yea........3 for $20. Count me in for a pack or two!! Where do I sign up?
    There will definitely be a limit of one per customer so we can get these out to as many guys as possible. Keep an eye on the forum mid to late october as I will make a post when they become available. there will be some sort of qualifier for people to get access to the deal. This is meant for active forum members so perhaps a post count minimum or something.
    ENFIDL:
    Alex thank you for the great deals you and your staff always hook us up with. Even willing to sell below cost to us, amazingly ridiculous and generous of you!
    It may be below cost, but I dont see it as a loss at all. I think this is worthwhile marketing. Any time I have offered you guys special deals, it has always paid off for us when we support you. Quite the contrary in fact, I think I should be thanking you guys.
    that's awesome, ill have to go without food for a few days so i can get some, my cigar budget is completely shot:(
    what's the score with the MoW maduros Alex?
    Sweet!!! Thank you so much, Alex! I'm definitely in for as many as I can get!!
  • Duder2Duder2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 926
    Oh man this sounds awesome! I want a box BAD! As always Alex, you and Ccom are a total class act and this is the only place I recommend my friends to buy online! Thanks for everything you do :^)
  • 24footjet24footjet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 132
    I read the forums quite a bit...but my post count is low...maybe another criteria is how much money I've spent here? Its been substantial .... what do you think Alex?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    So what are the dimensions on this cigar? I went over the thread a couple times and didn't see any mention of it. Is it going to be one size only, or several?
    24footjet:
    I read the forums quite a bit...but my post count is low...maybe another criteria is how much money I've spent here? Its been substantial .... what do you think Alex?
    forum members who have the MoW badge?
    Alex did mention active members. So I'm sure if you are well recognized even with a low count then they'll take care of you. Sol I don't think making a MOW Badge only thing is very fair. Some guys can't do it and like Kuzi some guys just don't want to for whatever reasons. Nothing wrong with that so I feel like that'd be awfully one sided to offer to only a fake club....lol
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    Alex, the 3 for $20 is an amazing deal, but if you could do a deal on a full box I'd probably be willing to spring for one. I know the price probably can't come down too much.
    Talk about killer marketing. This thread alone has me needing all I can get. Geez I love this place.
    cant you get a mow badge with just a couple of the 4? but you just get a lesser tab?