Home General Discussion

New Man O' War Armada

Joshua SmelkoJoshua Smelko Everyone, Moderator, Registered Users, SystemAdministrator Posts: 21
Hey all you Man O' War fans, coming soon from Tabacalera Fernandez...ARMADA!

Comments

• Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    Indeed this is going to be great. Boxes have 31 cigars and come complete with a humidifier and digital hygrometer. If you look at it next to that dollar bill you can get a feel for the raw size of this monstrous box.
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Nooooo....the pic's not showing up on my computer.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Can't see the pic...but I still want some.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    Can't see the photo either, is there a link?
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 728
    yup, no pic here either
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    uh... i have a pic in my catalog ...
    THIS PAGE sorry... no dollar bill
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    Can't wait to try them!
    docbp87:
    lol.

• Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    sorry guys. technical difficultires. I will get the pic back up on monday or sooner if I can open up the old work computer.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    I got so excited that I peed a lil. Yep that just happened.....lolz That's amazing!
    Alex do we have any sort of time table on when these bad boys will be landing?
    Dude...I want that. Anyone looking for a box split?
    Wayne I might be down for a split
  • ironhorseironhorse Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    so its a humidor filled with the current Man O' War treats? Or is it a new blend that comes in a humidor?
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    thats a good looking box.

the cigar is even better. i gave it a 94 for a reason. i have a feeling it will age well too. the box is a good idea. also keep in mind that one of the 5 that i got on 7-29-10 will be in my 10k post contest. should have some serious age on it then.
    im very happy that this cigar is going to be released. if i have room in the humi then ill have to at least split a box.
    ironhorse:
    so its a humidor filled with the current Man O' War treats? Or is it a new blend that comes in a humidor?
    New blend. It was Alex's personal but it is now coming out as the Man O War Armada!!!! Can't wait!!
    How much was the box going to be again? In any case, ENFIDL and I might be in for a box split. Anyone else?
    wwhwang:
    How much was the box going to be again? In any case, ENFIDL and I might be in for a box split. Anyone else?
    Alex Svenson:
    Actually I am limited to only about 10,000 cigar production per year because of the tobacco. This is the only cigar on the market with a Sumatra Ecuador maduro wrapper. The fillers are 100% lagers from omotepe, Esteli and one other place w which will need to remain secret. The cigars will be coming out in a new brand called man o war armada. It will ship in humidor boxes of 31. As a disclaimer, because of the limited production and massively expensive materials, this cigar is going to be quite expensive at $20 each or $499.95 per humidor box. I will however, do a special promo for forum guys that want to try. The price would be better but still most lily expensive.
    ENFIDL:
    wwhwang:
    Alex Svenson:
    Actually I am limited to only about 10,000 cigar production per year because of the tobacco. This is the only cigar on the market with a Sumatra Ecuador maduro wrapper. The fillers are 100% lagers from omotepe, Esteli and one other place w which will need to remain secret. The cigars will be coming out in a new brand called man o war armada. It will ship in humidor boxes of 31. As a disclaimer, because of the limited production and massively expensive materials, this cigar is going to be quite expensive at $20 each or $499.95 per humidor box. I will however, do a special promo for forum guys that want to try. The price would be better but still most lily expensive.
    Jebus, that's a lot of money. Hopefully, that forum special will cut it down a bit. In any case, though, I'm still down for a split.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    I'm possibly in for a whole box! Any ETA?
    I expect these mid october. the cigars have been ready for a while, patiently aging. I really wanted them to have max time in the aging room so they are perfect. The box has been the hold up. From the humidifier, to the hygrometer to the quadrant hinges, it has been a very involved project. Wait until you see all the photos and detail with the box open. The whole thing has been a little pet project for me the past few months. As an edit, these are going to be boxes of 32 cigars, not 31. The bottom of the box has 18 cigars and then there is a lift out tray on top with 7 cigars on either side of a wood block that houses the humidifier and digital hygrometer. That tray is covered a nice cedar lid. Kind of hard to explain but it shows very nicely.

I am trying to work with my marketing people to free up some space in the budget to do a special reduced price package of a couple cigars for forum members only so they can try it at a reasonable price. Hopefully it will go through but if it does, there will be a very limited number of packs. i will keep you posted on the specifics of such a deal as I finalize it. I imagine there will be some sort of post count minimum to qualify so get busy ramping up your posts between now and mid october LOL

the cigar itself is a real treat. Wrapper is a ligero Sumatra Ecuador form the 2005 crop that fermented for about 3.5 years and has aged for an additional 2. This level of fermentation actually qualifies it as a maduro. to my knowledge it is the first Sumatra Ecuador Sun Grown Maduro. The reason this wrapper is so rare is because.

1. Only 1% of the crop was a ligero of wrapper quality
    2. Sumatra leaves tend to be a bit thinner so rarely can you ferment them for more than 2 years without damaging the leaf. As such, there was a lot of wasted leaf trying to get the wrappers this dark and juicy.

The filler is all ligero as well grown from Cuban seeds. We used Ligeros from AJ's farm in Esteli as well as ligeros from isla omotepe where Aj has a contract farm. Both of these ligeros are from the 2008 crop. These two varieties are rounded out with a very, very, very special and limited ligero filler also grown in 2008. This is a leaf that no one in the world has, of that I can assure you. This particular filler is about 40% of the total filler and together with the wrapper is the secret sauce to the blend. The binder is a cuban seed grown in Jalapa Nicaragua in 2007. It is a viso priming so upper middle part of the plant. It is the only leaf in the entire cigar that is not taken from the very top of the plant. While it adds great flavor, I had to pick it based on combustion. The cigar simply would not burn with more ligero.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Wow! Thanks for the update Alex. I'm really getting excited about this blend!
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Excuse me while I wipe the drool off my keyboard. The blend sounds amazing.
    Alex thanks for the update. I really can't wait to get my hands on a few of these!!! Sounds so freaking amazing!
    wwhwang:
    ENFIDL:
    wwhwang:
    Alex Svenson:
    Jebus, that's a lot of money. Hopefully, that forum special will cut it down a bit. In any case, though, I'm still down for a split.
    Yeah I think we'll have to get a few more possibly in on it too.....lolz
    Lol. Definitely need more people in on the split. And thanks for the description, Alex...I need to wipe drool from the laptop now.
    wwhwang:
    Lol. Definitely need more people in on the split. And thanks for the description, Alex...I need to wipe drool from the laptop now.
    I had to get IT to replace my keyboard after reading Alex's last post......they weren't happy with me....lol
  • sol1821sol1821 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 706
    its not drool im cleaning up. :o:p