Home General Discussion

Man O' War warchest

Comments

• shamrockedshamrocked Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 285
    awesome - I might need to find more room in my condo :)
  • jship079jship079 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 621
    Alex Svenson:
    The maduro in this sampler and the armada are different. This is a small batch blend abdel makes that he only has enough materials to make a few of. We really enjoyed the blend so we threw it in there as a bonus. It is a full bodied maduro with a PA broadleaf wrapper. Armada is going to a 6.5 x 56 cigar. The cigars are rolled and aging at this point and the humidor boxes are in production. Wont be available until mid october. I may have some pics of the prototype box.
    Why did you go with such a big ring gauge
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    sightunseen:
    Alex Svenson:
    The maduro in this sampler and the armada are different. This is a small batch blend abdel makes that he only has enough materials to make a few of. We really enjoyed the blend so we threw it in there as a bonus. It is a full bodied maduro with a PA broadleaf wrapper. Armada is going to a 6.5 x 56 cigar. The cigars are rolled and aging at this point and the humidor boxes are in production. Wont be available until mid october. I may have some pics of the prototype box.
    For the maduro, is the blend the original MOW or the Ruination?
    the maduro is actually one of the early prototype blends for San Lotano called S-2 which was the factory code. We passed the PA broadleaf wrapper and fell in love with it but due to a lack in fillers could not do a big run.
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    jship079:
    Alex Svenson:
    The size of the cigars made the chest look that much more impressive. That and we wanted to go with something unique but a size that is popular. Believe it or not, these 6 x 60 size cigars have a pretty huge following. That said, I realize it is not for everyone so I apologize if the size turns your off. I have a new man o war humidor (huge 100ct sucker) that we will get in a few months. If any of you guys wanted something in a different size, I would be happy to customize something for you and throw it in the Humidor at a competitive price to this offer. Once I get the humidors I will post pics.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Would it be possible to get one or two apart from the warchest?
    I would need to special order some. I am sure for some of our fine, upstanding forum members I can make something happen but it would be several months before I could get them in house given the aging time required. Everything I made thus far went into the sampler. I will bring some in for early next year or late this year and we will do it as one of our saturday forum only offers. Stay tuned.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    Alex Svenson:
    Hmmm....... If all goes right, I should be closing escrow on my new (used) house and I couldn't think of a better house warming present for myself that a MOW Warchest...............
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Alex Svenson:
    I would need to special order some. I am sure for some of our fine, upstanding forum members I can make something happen but it would be several months before I could get them in house given the aging time required. Everything I made thus far went into the sampler. I will bring some in for early next year or late this year and we will do it as one of our saturday forum only offers. Stay tuned.
    That would be fantastic. I don't know if I want to shell out for the chest as I already have a huge amount of ruinations and MOW's. But it would be great if something could be worked out for some smaller, say 5 packs or so for the forum, sort of like how the forum cigars went.
  • jship079jship079 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 621
    Alex Svenson:
    jship079:
    Alex Svenson:
    The size of the cigars made the chest look that much more impressive. That and we wanted to go with something unique but a size that is popular. Believe it or not, these 6 x 60 size cigars have a pretty huge following. That said, I realize it is not for everyone so I apologize if the size turns your off. I have a new man o war humidor (huge 100ct sucker) that we will get in a few months. If any of you guys wanted something in a different size, I would be happy to customize something for you and throw it in the Humidor at a competitive price to this offer. Once I get the humidors I will post pics.
    I hope I did not seem to be complaining I was just courious I do like ring gauges in the 40's. I also like to smoke the occasional cigar I can barley hold in my mouth too. Just for the record I think this box is sweet as hell!
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    IT"S MINE DAMNIT. EVERYBODY STAY BACK. OH YEAH, ALEX?... i LOVE RUINATIONS !!!

You have my address on file I believe :)
    I dont see it that way at all. In fact, you are in good company. My idea cigar is 4.5 t 6 inches with a ring of 44 to 46. Kind of an odd range. However, the public all loves the big rings so I have to cater to that.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Ruination in a corona gorda... *DROOL*
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    Alex Svenson:
    I dont see it that way at all. In fact, you are in good company. My idea cigar is 4.5 t 6 inches with a ring of 44 to 46. Kind of an odd range. However, the public all loves the big rings so I have to cater to that.
    Funny you should say that Alex. I have just burned through one Double Happiness sampler and I love some of the sticks in the limited gauge and lengths. The Man O War and Ruinations are very nice. I like the Diesels more then the regular size. The Gurkhas in that size are also interesting. I liked the Blue Steel in the Toro size but these are tasty in a nice 45 minute to one hour stick. I have ordered several more of these samplers just to ge more of these limited release sticks in smaller gauge and length.

If you haven't tried one of these you should give them a go they are very tasty and the construction of them is very good so there is no problem cutting them down at all.
    Now that I think of it, lilwing smoked one of these maduros with me in Chicago a few months ago. At the time it was a shorty stubby size we working with. a 4 x 56 I think. he can probably comment on the blend.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Alex Svenson:
    thats about my ideal cigar as well... i can go longer but in general i like a bit smaller ring.
  • MrMokeMrMoke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 321
    Guys there's something very wrong with the Man O' War warchest sweepstakes, the entry deadline say it ends on September 31st, 2010. September has 30 days, therefore you should all withdraw your entries. Just on the off chance that the exalted one (The Beard) has created an extra day on the calendar, I will of course gallantly volunteer to stay in the contest to see if it does pan out and the chest is up for grabs. I know all you guys will greatly appreciate me making this sacrifice for you!!! :)

• SchroozSchrooz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 165
    Two more days left!!!!
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Hope someone on the forums wins! Preferably someone that will share a little :P *Crosses fingers*
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    MrMoke:
    Guys there's something very wrong with the Man O' War warchest sweepstakes, the entry deadline say it ends on September 31st, 2010. September has 30 days, therefore you should all withdraw your entries. Just on the off chance that the exalted one (The Beard) has created an extra day on the calendar, I will of course gallantly volunteer to stay in the contest to see if it does pan out and the chest is up for grabs. I know all you guys will greatly appreciate me making this sacrifice for you!!! :)

VERY selfless of you Moke! LOL

• RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    MrMoke:

I HAD A DREAM>>>>>>> Smoking the Man of Warchest!
  • ironhorseironhorse Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    I can't tell you how excited I get to hopefully win one of any of the email sweepstakes. Does anyone have an idea of what the odds are? 1 in 10,000 maybe? Alex?
    Depends on how many people sign up. Usually 1 in 10000
  • ironhorseironhorse Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    Alex Svenson:
    Depends on how many people sign up. Usually 1 in 10000
    Do I get a prize for guessing the odds right!!?? ha, just kidding. keep up the good work. Its a sign that youre choosing good prizes if we are all so excited to win them
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    wwhwang:
    Hope someone on the forums wins! Preferably someone that will share a little :P *Crosses fingers*
    If I win, I will keep give up 1/3 to 1/2 up for grabs for the forum for free! I love to share!!
  • RippRipp Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 125
    zeebra:
    wwhwang:
    If I win, I will keep give up 1/3 to 1/2 up for grabs for the forum for free! I love to share!!
    +1!!
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    Ripp:
    zeebra:
    wwhwang:
    +1!!
    when i win, i'll share for sure... i need to bomb some folks anyway...

the power of positive thinking.... if I knew any Jedi mind tricks, i'd use them here... that is one great prize...
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    This would be so awesome to win, I would so bomb the hell outta some people on here too, lol
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    of course I want to win this, but i think no matter who wins, they should be obligated to post pics of the winnings here... so I can at least live vicariously
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    I would definitely share the wealth....
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    I would share the wealth as well, but I never win anything