Home General Discussion

Man O' War warchest

Comments

• Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    Alex Svenson:
    Was wondering when someone was going to notice this. This is a killer sampler indeed. It will be for sale later tonight or tomorrow and I will expect it to be a huge hit for Christmas. 40 cigars in all, all 6 x 60. 10 each of mow original, virtue, ruination and a never released maduro prototype blend (which just comes with a red ribbon for a cigar band). The box is pretty sweet with drawers for each blend and it's dual hinging lids. Msrb is about 440 I think but we will be doing em for $299.95 everyday. I saw this for the first time when at the factory in may and they finally arrived. I only ordered 50 and we already sold 5 just from the slide. I have a hunch I will need to buy more :)
    So is the red banded cigar your personal blend? Any idea when the armada will be available for purchase in box form?
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    That's the best chest I've seen since the Comedy Central Roast of Pam Anderson (the black shirt, that was kinda see through, not enough for them to censor it, but enough that I could make out the outline of the nips)
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    hey u guys have any more of these for sale for 299? I may be down for this...let me know
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Wow! I entered so fast I jumbled all the letters of my email address up and had to do it over. That thing is amazing looking!
  • NicheNiche Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1
    Man o' War is some really fine Cigars, this sampler is F N sweet. Hope I can snag one of the 50.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Too bad they are 6x60 jawbreakers...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    sightunseen:
    sol1821:
    is the MOW maduro differnt to the armada that I've heard about?
    I believe so. The Armada is Alex's current personal blend. No idea what the MOW maduro is.
    this is true. the maduro is just the MoW with a maduro wrapper.
    the Armada is ligero heavy secret blend that is not out yet.

.... save for 3 people (that i can be 100% sure of).
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    SCHWING!!! I would so buy one....
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Looks awesome! I've only had the regular MOW, never tried the Ruination or Virtue, but this does look like a nice set up.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    Will that chest hold humidity? Or would one have to pull everything out of there and put it into humidors? That thing would look great in a cabinet.
  • RippRipp Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 125
    Yeah I would be in for 1 as well!
  • RoughscotsmanRoughscotsman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 39
    The word will be spread to any leaf fans I meet I promise ;-) Especially about this site in particular. The service I've had here I have never seen before. Either it doesn't exist in this country or it's simply cigar people are all awesome :P
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 728
    Roughscotsman:
    it's simply cigar people are all awesome :P
    this.
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    docbp87:
    Too bad they are 6x60 jawbreakers...
    Yea. I would have liked something with a smaller ring gauge (say robusto), but that MOW Maduro sounds awesome.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Alex, anyone,
    Any word on when/if these maduro MOW's will be released outside of this box?
    Russ55:
    Alex Svenson:
    Was wondering when someone was going to notice this. This is a killer sampler indeed. It will be for sale later tonight or tomorrow and I will expect it to be a huge hit for Christmas. 40 cigars in all, all 6 x 60. 10 each of mow original, virtue, ruination and a never released maduro prototype blend (which just comes with a red ribbon for a cigar band). The box is pretty sweet with drawers for each blend and it's dual hinging lids. Msrb is about 440 I think but we will be doing em for $299.95 everyday. I saw this for the first time when at the factory in may and they finally arrived. I only ordered 50 and we already sold 5 just from the slide. I have a hunch I will need to buy more :)
    So is the red banded cigar your personal blend? Any idea when the armada will be available for purchase in box form?
    I would like to know this as well? Any info.... Alex?
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    phobicsquirrel:
    Russ55:
    Alex Svenson:
    I would like to know this as well? Any info.... Alex?
    It's not the MoW Armada, if that's what you're asking, phebes. It's just a MoW with a maduro wrapper. As for the release date of the Armada, I'm curious about that myself.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    It's a rare thing for me to enter a contest, but this looked too good to pass up. I assume this means spam in the mailbox? OK, I'll survive that somehow.
    Amos Umwhat:
    It's a rare thing for me to enter a contest, but this looked too good to pass up. I assume this means spam in the mailbox? OK, I'll survive that somehow.
    Haven't received spam from Ccom and I've entered in several of their contests.
    though there is a crazy guy with a holly beard that sends me deals!!! hehe...
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    I can live with that even better!
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 583
    That thing is sick!!!
  • VidarienVidarien Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 246
    Not to get off topic but i think itd be kind of neat if one of the giveaway contests was forum based. By that i mean, we always submit our emails for the contests and essentially always someone who was just passing by the site ends up winning.
  • ljlljl Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 819
    Most attractive giveaway I've seen. This looks so good. I will state right now, if I win, there will be herfage!
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Vidarien:
    Not to get off topic but i think itd be kind of neat if one of the giveaway contests was forum based. By that i mean, we always submit our emails for the contests and essentially always someone who was just passing by the site ends up winning.
    No kidding, right? Any random joe can sign up, never buy anything from CCom, then win 3 boxes of anything. Can we has a forum giveaway instead :(
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    wwhwang:
    Vidarien:
    No kidding, right? Any random joe can sign up, never buy anything from CCom, then win 3 boxes of anything. Can we has a forum giveaway instead :(
    In defense of CCom, we as forum members enjoy numerous special discounts, advance information, and limited or advance release cigars not available for the general public. On top of that, I very much consider it a reward of its own to have a public forum like this where I can congregate with other cigar lovers, and talk about not only the thing we have in common, but extensive topics outside the cigar realm that allow us to develop as friends and personal human beings. If opening these contests to all comers is what CCom needs to do to keep us keepin on in this forum, I support it wholeheartedly - I will just enter the contests I want to enter, and have every much a shot as the next man at winning.
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    The maduro in this sampler and the armada are different. This is a small batch blend abdel makes that he only has enough materials to make a few of. We really enjoyed the blend so we threw it in there as a bonus. It is a full bodied maduro with a PA broadleaf wrapper. Armada is going to a 6.5 x 56 cigar. The cigars are rolled and aging at this point and the humidor boxes are in production. Wont be available until mid october. I may have some pics of the prototype box.
  • JZJZ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 827
    It is sweet looking. Its in the latest catalog too.
    Alex Svenson:
    The maduro in this sampler and the armada are different. This is a small batch blend abdel makes that he only has enough materials to make a few of. We really enjoyed the blend so we threw it in there as a bonus. It is a full bodied maduro with a PA broadleaf wrapper. Armada is going to a 6.5 x 56 cigar. The cigars are rolled and aging at this point and the humidor boxes are in production. Wont be available until mid october. I may have some pics of the prototype box.
    For the maduro, is the blend the original MOW or the Ruination?