Home General Discussion

What Booze Did You Get Today?

Comments

• rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    90+ Irishman:
    rsherman24:
    Awesome grab, what's your take on it?!

I think the 4 roses has me spoiled lately. It was really good. Little raw, especially for an 86 proof. Needed something. An Anejo. Now its all better
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,675
    Last night I was kind of getting an idea of the Irish Whiskeys out there in preparation for my St. Paddies day drink. I was told by a seasoned Scotch/Irish whiskey drinker (who is neither Scottish nor Irish) to get either Jameson (which I already have), Bushmills, Tullamore Dew, or... if I can find it... Redbreast.

After my Friday ritual of hitting Las Palmas Mexican Restaurant, another ritual was observed, hitting the WB Liquor (keeping in mind, I'm the real one) on the way home expecting to pick up the first bourbon I saw that I hadn't tired yet. While I'm there, might as well scope out the Irish Whiskey offerings. Saw the usual suspects. As well as 2 bottles of Redbreast. I ended up getting a bottle of that.

The question was, later? Or now and later? So I had a healthy pour. This is some awesome stuff. Alcohol content is a bit weak from my usual enjoyment, but the bold flavors more than make up for it. Maybe someone can shed some light this stuff for me. Single Pot Still. I don't think that's the same as a single barrel, right? Anyways, I'll be enjoying more of this March 17th.

Untitled
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    WaltBasil:
    Last night I was kind of getting an idea of the Irish Whiskeys out there in preparation for my St. Paddies day drink. I was told by a seasoned Scotch/Irish whiskey drinker (who is neither Scottish nor Irish) to get either Jameson (which I already have), Bushmills, Tullamore Dew, or... if I can find it... Redbreast.

After my Friday ritual of hitting Las Palmas Mexican Restaurant, another ritual was observed, hitting the WB Liquor (keeping in mind, I'm the real one) on the way home expecting to pick up the first bourbon I saw that I hadn't tired yet. While I'm there, might as well scope out the Irish Whiskey offerings. Saw the usual suspects. As well as 2 bottles of Redbreast. I ended up getting a bottle of that.

The question was, later? Or now and later? So I had a healthy pour. This is some awesome stuff. Alcohol content is a bit weak from my usual enjoyment, but the bold flavors more than make up for it. Maybe someone can shed some light this stuff for me. Single Pot Still. I don't think that's the same as a single barrel, right? Anyways, I'll be enjoying more of this March 17th.

Untitled
    Vwry nice Walt, I keep reading great things about redbreast and glad to hear you enjoyed it so much!
  • D FreshD Fresh Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 558
    90+ Irishman:
    WaltBasil:

Untitled
    Vwry nice Walt, I keep reading great things about redbreast and glad to hear you enjoyed it so much!
    Have also heard good things about Redbreast. I would recommend Green Spot as well.
    D Fresh:
    90+ Irishman:
    WaltBasil:

Untitled
    Have also heard good things about Redbreast. I would recommend Green Spot as well.
    +1 on the Green Spot
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    I am in the red boob whisky club too! As well as the Glenmorangie club. thank you costco
    jliu:
    I am in the red boob whisky club too! As well as the Glenmorangie club. thank you costco
    Outstanding grabs Jiunn, would very much enjoy hearing your take on each of those. Shoot me a text when you crack em open bro ;)
    90+ Irishman:
    jliu:
    Outstanding grabs Jiunn, would very much enjoy hearing your take on each of those. Shoot me a text when you crack em open bro ;)
    aite dawg
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    jliu:
    90+ Irishman:
    jliu:
    I see you June bug ... I see you aite dawg
    danielzreyes:
    jliu:
    90+ Irishman:
    jliu:
    roar meow *scratch scratch*
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    jliu:
    danielzreyes:
    jliu:
    90+ Irishman:
    jliu:
    roar meow *scratch scratch*
    I mean ... I see you
    photo 2015-02-28 17.40.19.png
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    reggie713:
    I've had the 15 and loved it let us know how the 18 is congrats Reggie!!
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    My wife absolutely killed it with my b-day present:

photo temporary_zps7d4299d8.jpg
    Ken Light:

Very nice. Have heard a lot of good things about the Japanese whisky, but haven't tried.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    rsherman24:
    Ken Light:

Very nice. Have heard a lot of good things about the Japanese whisky, but haven't tried.
    I've had Yamazaki as well. Yamazaki beats Nika in younger (more affordable) expressions, but this stuff just blows doors off. Got a whisky advent calendar a couple years back and this was hands-down the best of the set. Hunted it down for a LONG time, found it but balked at buying it for myself and fortunately I have a wonderful wife to step in and do it for me.
    Ken Light:
    rsherman24:
    Ken Light:

I've had Yamazaki as well. Yamazaki beats Nika in younger (more affordable) expressions, but this stuff just blows doors off. Got a whisky advent calendar a couple years back and this was hands-down the best of the set. Hunted it down for a LONG time, found it but balked at buying it for myself and fortunately I have a wonderful wife to step in and do it for me.
    That's killer Ken congrats! I'm looking into getting a bottle of Nikka and a bottle of Yamazaki in the next few weeks myself, glad to hear you enjoyed it so much!
  • Edna20Edna20 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 395
    Too lazy to take 2 different pictures :) Buffalo Trace to replace the bottle we already finished, and some JR Ewing because, why not? Though I'm reading the reviews now and they aren't particularly good!
    Edna20:
    Too lazy to take 2 different pictures :) Buffalo Trace to replace the bottle we already finished, and some JR Ewing because, why not? Though I'm reading the reviews now and they aren't particularly good!
    I heart you Kelly :)
    So as it turns out one of you jokers already decided to start the festivities early and start the rampage on my person and property! Jay and Tara Bohon have completely and utterly flat out prisoner shanked me and left me to bleed out! Bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel Barrel Proof Private Casking with the same mashbill and age as the 2014 LE Single Barrel! I am blown away and this was way to over the top don't even know what to say besides thank you from the bottom of my heart!

• bert873bert873 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 854
    Decided to get into drinking whiskey/bourbon/scotch and saw that a lot of people liked this stuff so figured I would give it a try. I'll pop it open tomorrow while watching the hockey game. photo 20150304_194204_zpstujd5ypt.jpg
  • matkn293matkn293 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,277
    Welcome to the club young Bert!
    Save yourself. Get out while you can.
    Great bourbon right there, especially for the price.
  • bert873bert873 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 854
    rsherman24:
    I was told that about cigars to but didn't listen then so I'm sure I'll have a couple different bottles in no time.
  • Edna20Edna20 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 395
    bert873:
    rsherman24:
    I was told that about cigars to but didn't listen then so I'm sure I'll have a couple different bottles in no time.

Sounds about right! That's good stuff. I recommend the Elijah Craig 12 year as well.
    Edna20:
    bert873:
    rsherman24:

Sounds about right! That's good stuff. I recommend the Elijah Craig 12 year as well.
    Welcome brother... One of us one of us one of us ;) I really really enjoy that Four Roses Small Batch, so sweet and smooth, enjoy and congrats!!
    Well the tax return came in a few days ago and today I had off so I decided to head out and pick up a few things with the small amount I took to play with after paying off bills and all that. Found some great deals and settled on four great choices I hope. Tried the Kentucky Spirit tonight and it was outstanding and really loved it, hoping I will with the others too. Three of them with the Kentucky Spirit being the only one that isn't, are store exclusive bottlings so pretty psyched to see how they are!

Amanda apparently decided she wanted to do another early bday present today lol, blew me away when she aurprised me with this :)

• RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761