Home General Discussion

What Booze Did You Get Today?

Comments

• amz1301amz1301 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,287
    90+ Irishman:
    amz1301:
    Couple Ports to try.
    photo 87808EE1-FF7C-4372-AA27-2B235E7104D1_zps5vajo2v2.jpg
    Haven't had Port in a while but I could see how the sweetness would work wonderfully with a ton of sticks, look like some great bottles Andy congrats! You're always giving me ideas thanks for that :)
    Try it. I don't think you'll be disappointed. I've never had it before. I had a couple pours of the six grapes as a night cap last night. It was a good way to end the night.
  • JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
    Gray was nice enough to pick up a bottle for me. So I got this yesterday. I'm also using his pics.
    imageimage
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    Awesome couldn't wait Eric, thanks again. image
  • D FreshD Fresh Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 558
    JHewey:
    Gray was nice enough to pick up a bottle for me. So I got this yesterday. I'm also using his pics.
    imageimage
    Awesome! That's the same mashbill as their 2014 LE single barrel release just a year younger. Can't beat that!
  • JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
    D Fresh:
    JHewey:
    imageimage
    Awesome! That's the same mashbill as their 2014 LE single barrel release just a year younger. Can't beat that!
    Are you sure? I thought I read 2014 LE was 11 years. I will have to double check.
    You're absolutely right, my bad!
    Having a hard time driving past a liquor store without stopping in. Nice pick up Justin.
    photo 0F77F8EB-100A-4697-8DDC-0A861DD5A048_zpsj9htvbp5.jpg
  • Edna20Edna20 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 395
    When I tell my hubby to pick up a bottle of whiskey, he does not mess around :)
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Edna20:
    When I tell my hubby to pick up a bottle of whiskey, he does not mess around :)
    Outstanding choice Kelly, never heard a bad thing about it! Keep your eyes peeled for the Elijah Craig Barrel Proof... it is being released this month and from those who have had some that I have talked to it is extremely special and worth the hunt to track it down!
    Amanda surprised me with a great six pack yesterday when I was feeling so crappy and laid up due to pain most of the day, a 4 pack of the Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout that I have been eyeing for many months now, I always reach for Hoppy beers which is why I always seem to skip this guy but damn glad she grabbed it for me. Was worried it would be too sweet (like many Imperial brews) or too unbalanced and in your face.... none of those were true at all. It was very balanced, had a short and clean/crisp finish with only enough sweetness to balance out the big bold chocolate, smoke and and oak profile of the stout! Overall really really enjoyed it and will be going back for more when I see it again.

• avengethisavengethis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,193
    90+ Irishman:
    Amanda surprised me with a great six pack yesterday when I was feeling so crappy and laid up due to pain most of the day, a 4 pack of the Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout that I have been eyeing for many months now, I always reach for Hoppy beers which is why I always seem to skip this guy but damn glad she grabbed it for me. Was worried it would be too sweet (like many Imperial brews) or too unbalanced and in your face.... none of those were true at all. It was very balanced, had a short and clean/crisp finish with only enough sweetness to balance out the big bold chocolate, smoke and and oak profile of the stout! Overall really really enjoyed it and will be going back for more when I see it again.

This is one incredible beer. I was like you and passed it up frequently until I just had to try something new. Now I usually always have a 4 pack in the fridge.
    avengethis:
    90+ Irishman:

This is one incredible beer. I was like you and passed it up frequently until I just had to try something new. Now I usually always have a 4 pack in the fridge.
    Couldnt agree more Brad, fantastic and so long as I can afford it I will have some stocked.
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,070
    Aussies' know how to brew!
    imageimage
    Chemnitz:
    Aussies' know how to brew!
    imageimage
    Awesome man those look great!!!
    My husband's Valentine's gift arrived today. His and Hers glasses with an Ours decanter. Hard to read in pic.
    Edna20:
    My husband's Valentine's gift arrived today. His and Hers glasses with an Ours decanter. Hard to read in pic.
    Nice! What's in the decanter?
    D Fresh:
    Edna20:

The Elijah Craig 12 Year. It's the one we've most agreed on so far. It also happened to be the one we had the biggest bottle of :)
    Edna20:
    D Fresh:
    Edna20:

The Elijah Craig 12 Year. It's the one we've most agreed on so far. It also happened to be the one we had the biggest bottle of :)
    Great choice, I love that bourbon!
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    I second that! Elijah Craig 12 is like salted caramel bourbon. How do you all like the knob creek maple? Can't decide if I want to pull the trigger on that or not. Taste artificial at all?
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    Jetmech_63:
    I second that! Elijah Craig 12 is like salted caramel bourbon. How do you all like the knob creek maple? Can't decide if I want to pull the trigger on that or not. Taste artificial at all?
    Elijah Craig is finally back on shelves here hope to snag a bottle Thursday after work
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    From Whisky Advocate: Knob Creek Smoked Maple, 45% Price: $32.00
    Brand: Knob Creek
    Category: Flavored Whisky & Liqueurs
    Booze candy from Beam? More like bacon in a glass: the sweet smokiness invaded my dining room (definitely the last tasting of the day). Richly smoky-sweet, with a clear balance of maple over corn; like a rustic breakfast of bacon, pancakes, and whiskey! The maple’s restrained and authentic, the 45% keeps it from being too sweet, and there’s plenty of good bourbon flavor here, especially at the finish. Lush, tasty; if you have to do flavors, here’s how.
    I'm just starting to get into whiskey, mostly because if you're dieting, it's one of the better options, lol. Started off where I really couldn't stand it, couldn't understand why people like it. Four weeks later and I'm looking forward to my glass of whiskey with my cigar. The Knob Creek Maple is delicious if you ask me. I started off with that just about every night, it's not overly flavored or sweet, but it's enough to take the edge off a bit. Now that I've developed more of a taste for whiskey, I'm mixing it up between the Maple, the Eagle Rare, the Four Roses, and now the Elija Craig. We are running low on the Maple and will be picking up another bottle the next time we hit the liquor store.
    Edna20:
    I'm just starting to get into whiskey, mostly because if you're dieting, it's one of the better options, lol. Started off where I really couldn't stand it, couldn't understand why people like it. Four weeks later and I'm looking forward to my glass of whiskey with my cigar. The Knob Creek Maple is delicious if you ask me. I started off with that just about every night, it's not overly flavored or sweet, but it's enough to take the edge off a bit. Now that I've developed more of a taste for whiskey, I'm mixing it up between the Maple, the Eagle Rare, the Four Roses, and now the Elija Craig. We are running low on the Maple and will be picking up another bottle the next time we hit the liquor store.
    If you like the maple here's another one for you to try. I thought it was pretty good.

http://luxuryexperience.com/liquor_cabinet/liquors/vermont_spirits_no._14_bourbon_whiskey_.html

photo 086FB7F7-D443-4DA2-81BC-B12D459A84EC_zps3ndrqp5o.jpg
    amz1301:
    Edna20:
    If you like the maple here's another one for you to try. I thought it was pretty good.

http://luxuryexperience.com/liquor_cabinet/liquors/vermont_spirits_no._14_bourbon_whiskey_.html

photo 086FB7F7-D443-4DA2-81BC-B12D459A84EC_zps3ndrqp5o.jpg

oooohhh, that looks good. Adding to my list, thanks!! I grew up in Upstate NY, I have a lot of family in VT. Growing up, I hated real Vermont maple syrup, but a couple of years ago my mom picked me up some Sapling Maple Liquer and man was that stuff good!!
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    photo 32BBD26E-59B3-4589-973C-AEEC38BFAAA4.jpgAn old favorite, still on the look out for the double oak
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,497
    Edna20:

Great minds. I have a feeling you're with me in blaming this on Brett too right haha. Picked up a few things last week in anticipation of getting my Refund which ended up not happening so I guess it;s a good thing I ordered when I did. Went with the FRSB after so much raving on here and saw so many great reviews on the Noah's Mill and found a pretty good deal so grabbed them. Also grabbed a big ass 1.75L bottle each of some Vodka and Kahlua after watching Big Lebowski again recently lmao. Wasn't planning on getting such big bottles but the Vodka was actually a buck cheaper for the 1.75 than the 750.

• jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    You are all turning into a bunch of inebriates.
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,497
    Oh and my Four Roses ended up being OBSV which from the picture JHewey had put up in the Bourbon and Whiskey Thread is Delicate Fruity (Pear, Apricot) Spicy, Creamy. Will be my first high rye Bourbon at 35% but sounds awesome from the description.

I'm pretty sure we should blame Brett for everything :)