Home General Discussion

What Booze Did You Get Today?

Comments

• D FreshD Fresh Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 558
    Edna20:
    I'm pretty sure we should blame Brett for everything :)
    I think we should blame FireRob. He created this thread! I think we're averaging almost a page a day since it was started. I may have to send him a thank you letter. LOL
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    jd50ae:
    You are all turning into a bunch of inebriates.
    I think he used big text so our drunkasses could read it
  • JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
    jimmyv723:
    Edna20:

Great minds. I have a feeling you're with me in blaming this on Brett too right haha. Picked up a few things last week in anticipation of getting my Refund which ended up not happening so I guess it;s a good thing I ordered when I did. Went with the FRSB after so much raving on here and saw so many great reviews on the Noah's Mill and found a pretty good deal so grabbed them. Also grabbed a big ass 1.75L bottle each of some Vodka and Kahlua after watching Big Lebowski again recently lmao. Wasn't planning on getting such big bottles but the Vodka was actually a buck cheaper for the 1.75 than the 750.

I love four roses. I eventually have 2 more bottles coming my way. In my short bourbon drinking time. It has moved up to top of my list as a fav.
  • CrouseferCrousefer Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 352
    How is the four roses in comparison to knobb creek? I keep seeing it pop up here, and my hand,gets closer to grabbing it each time i hit the store.
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,497
    Haven't had the KC yet but the FR SB is damn good. I ordered mine online so it was a surprise which mashbill I would get but very happy with the one I did get which is the OBSV. The 10 different versions they have can be confusing but the info that has been posted by guys on here has been very helpful. Five of them have 20% Rye, they have E as the second letter, and the other five have 35% Rye, those have B as the second letter. It is pretty cool to have so many options though that's fo sho.
  • Edna20Edna20 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 395
    Where do you find the mashbill on it? Sorry, I'm sure that's in a thread somewhere but I don't recall seeing it. I know the breakout of codes is in the whiskey thread, but not sure which I have.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Edna20:
    I'm pretty sure we should blame Brett for everything :)
    I resemble that remark!
    Absolutely amazing pickups Gang, I love seeing the Four Roses and Woodford and all of these other terrific bottles!!! As yall know I got my AZZ handed to me yesterday, 10 samples of hooch as well as 3 full size bottles and two new brews too!

Edna20:
    Where do you find the mashbill on it? Sorry, I'm sure that's in a thread somewhere but I don't recall seeing it. I know the breakout of codes is in the whiskey thread, but not sure which I have.
    You have the standard (100 proof) single barrel, which will always be OBSV. As does jimmy but in jimmys case the store he bought from hand picked their barrel
    JHewey:
    Edna20:
    You have the standard (100 proof) single barrel, which will always be OBSV. As does jimmy but in jimmys case the store he bought from hand picked their barrel

Got it, thank you! For $1,500 we can all go in together and pick a barrel and design our own label and have it bottled and sent to us :)
    Edna20:
    JHewey:
    Edna20:

Got it, thank you! For $1,500 we can all go in together and pick a barrel and design our own label and have it bottled and sent to us :)
    Hmmmmmmm... If we get 15 people willing to chip in on this then for $100/person we could do that. Just saying 15 of us in here to do a barrel program of Four Roses.... Man that's tempting to say the least.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    90+ Irishman:
    Edna20:
    JHewey:
    Edna20:

Hmmmmmmm... If we get 15 people willing to chip in on this then for $100/person we could do that. Just saying 15 of us in here to do a barrel program of Four Roses.... Man that's tempting to say the least.
    Do they let you go down and pick it out yourself (or selves) like Jack Daniel's does for the single barrel?

Edit, I checked out their site and it's a no-go. Available to retailers, restaurants, and bars only. Anyone own one?

It's also 150-200 bottles. I have a hard time believing that's $1500? Maybe I'm wrong. I don't see a price on the site though.
    Ken Light:
    90+ Irishman:
    Edna20:
    JHewey:
    Edna20:

Do they let you go down and pick it out yourself (or selves) like Jack Daniel's does for the single barrel?

Edit, I checked out their site and it's a no-go. Available to retailers, restaurants, and bars only. Anyone own one?

It's also 150-200 bottles. I have a hard time believing that's $1500? Maybe I'm wrong. I don't see a price on the site though.
    Would love some more info on this... I mean that's doable honestly if that's the story but hard to say.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Stumbled across a few bottles of the Elijah Craig Barrel Proof #6 (HAZMAT), while looking for the new release. Thanks for the heads up Brett. Got a line on batch #7, should be in by the end of the month.
    Also picked up a bottle of the Lost Prophet. and a few others hehehe.
  • amz1301amz1301 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,287
    90+ Irishman:
    Ken Light:
    90+ Irishman:
    Edna20:
    JHewey:
    Edna20:

Would love some more info on this... I mean that's doable honestly if that's the story but hard to say.
    Check this out. Came across this when I was checking out tours for the trail. Roll out the barrel tours.

http://bourbontrailtours.com/Exclusive-Custom-Tour-Options.html
    Check out Caskers site. I think that's where I saw it.
    JHewey:
    Edna20:

Thanks for the info on that and it makes sense. I think I just had some info from the Small Batch and Single Barrel mixed up.
    That would be epic to get out own Barrel of Four Roses Single Barrel. I had posted this before but it's a cool video so here ya go in case you missed it...

• HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    Picked up a bottle of Elijah Craig 12 for $25.99, holysantaclauseshit this is amazing! Smells like salted caramel, corn pudding kind of taste and little to no burny sensation. I love this stuff!
    jimmyv723:
    JHewey:
    Edna20:

Thanks for the info on that and it makes sense. I think I just had some info from the Small Batch and Single Barrel mixed up.
    Four roses small batch uses 4 of the 10 recipes. It uses OBSO, OBSK, OESK, and OESO.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Edna20:
    Check out Caskers site. I think that's where I saw it.
    Got there, it said starting at $1500 and they said they helped people do it before, all of which is pretty vague but I sent a message anyway because why not?
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    You made me do it.
    rsherman24:
    You made me do it.
    You will enjoy it. Well I hope you do. Its a very good bournon.
    The Kid:
    Stumbled across a few bottles of the Elijah Craig Barrel Proof #6 (HAZMAT), while looking for the new release. Thanks for the heads up Brett. Got a line on batch #7, should be in by the end of the month.
    Damn Rudy congrats and I am so damn jealous lol! Would frigging love to find some #6, glad you were able to get some bro huge congrats there!!
    JHewey:
    rsherman24:
    You made me do it.
    You will enjoy it. Well I hope you do. Its a very good bournon.
    Very nice pick up there awesome Sherm!
    The Kid:
    Missed this til brett posted. So when can I move in? Lol
  • avengethisavengethis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,193
    Hot damn very very nice bro!
    avengethis:

One of my best friends love those. But nice pick up
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384