Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

the lottery coolidor

13»

Comments

• webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    We're beginning to see a little spillage. Nothing serious. Nothing that standing on the lid won't solve.

22 down and only two to go. Hog heaven.

I revisited the list, and there's only one to go. I should have not counted meself, duh.

• jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    Last but nowhere least, jd30ae pitched in a niner:

JD is into tonnage. Lookit the size of that magnificent Matanzas. A couple Fatitudes, an entire Ciudad Dominicano, and about a 8 Vegas. Looks like I got some smokin to do.

... and that wraps it up. So let's see how the coolidor made out

Here is the whole tally:

They all fit neatly, long as you stack them carefully.

A bit of trouble fitting the lid. Tried to tighten it down by standing on the lid:

Not quite as tight as seal as I would hope. Gotta sit on it. Of course, my svelte butt is a bit small for the job; and so I asked Bearswatter to lend her derriere: See? And you guys all thought my cololer was too small. Just gotta know how to pack them, is all.

Total winnings were 157 cigars. That, my brothers, is a ridiculous loot of cigars. Easy to say, hard to grasp. To give you a little scale, consider that if you laid 157 cigars end to end they will stretch from the pantry all the way to the kitchen four times:

Another way to look at it is, if you laid 157 cigars end to end, they will stretch all the way around a BMW R1200CLC three and a half times:

Another way to look at it is, clearly Bearswatter is away at church and I have far too much time on my hands.

If you get a chance to win the monthly lottery, I heartily recommend you do. It is truly a Scrooge McDuck experience.

webmost:
    Another way to look at it is, clearly Bearswatter is away at church and I have far too much time on my hands.

JD, what's with the four little urinal cakes you threw in your package? Now, I gotta admit, they do taste better than the ordinary urinal sized cake, but...
    webmost:
    JD, what's with the four little urinal cakes you threw in your package? Now, I gotta admit, they do taste better than the ordinary urinal sized cake, but...

Those are Key Lime candy's and I send them to everyone....there were only three in the photo. Did you not get a calculator? Do I have to send another flat rate. Maybe I didn't...maybe it wouldn't fit. Those Lat 0s I was going to send you about 4 weeks ago and somehow slipped my mind. Old age ya know. I hope you find some you enjoy.
  • FireRobFireRob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,884
    Funny stuff! Those Keylime candys are awesomeness!!!
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    Bearswatter doesn't look like any church ladies I know!

Thanks for the entertaining updates, Davis. Heck of a haul!
    Addressed to Bearswatter:

Some guys just don't know when to stop. I thought I had the coolidor under control; but this late gratuitous addition may be the straw which broke the camel's back.

Why is this Oliva CT in a tube? It doesn't smell infused.

The little green urinal cakes she hates. Says they stink.

webmost:
    Addressed to Bearswatter:

Some guys just don't know when to stop. I thought I had the coolidor under control; but this late gratuitous addition may be the straw which broke the camel's back.

Why is this Oliva CT in a tube? It doesn't smell infused.

The little green urinal cakes she hates. Says they stink.

This was not part of your lottery winnings....this is one fruitcake to another. WOW...that is the first time someone didn't like the key lime. More for you. Enjoy.
    Thought I'd update you on the lottery coolidor. Here's what it looks like this morning:

Finally down to the last of what's going out, then it's back to the shed empty. The magic boxes you see in there are mailing tomorrow to members of a BMW chromehead cruiser motorcycle forum who volunteered to try a Smelly Kalikimaka. Each box also contains an "It's an Indian!" home-rolled as well. Fingers crossed to receive a call next week that my Indian Scout is en route. I kept a couple dozen of the loot for myself, of course -- things I want to try out or which are my faves. But it took some serious help from several fora, friends, family, a homeless stranger, and CfW to get the bulky job done.

Thanks a million, my super generous brothers. This win was a whole potlatch of fun. Can't wait for the New Year lottery. I'm in.

One of my chromehead motorcycle beemerista brethren totally surprised me today when I arrived home to find this package:

It's a quart-sized stainless steel growler from Beaver Brewing Company in Beaver Springs Pennsyltucky. Isn't that just the neatest booze flask ever? Has that spring clip gasketted cap to hold liquid under pressure. Just the right size to tote fire water in your Indian Scout saddlebag. Sent it to me cause I sent him some lottery loot for him to give his brother in law (he doesn't smoke) on account of some people just can't take a smelly kalikimaka gift un-recompensed, what are you going to do with them. Don't think I've ever met the guy, much less his brother in law. Might have to drop by Beaver Springs now and meet them and fill this growler.

Anyway. Just to show you, how the lottery lootery just keeps on spinning round.