Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

the lottery coolidor

webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
Well, I sure punked Bearswatter today. Every afternoon, soon as her bichon Sophie hears my murdercycle, pup gets all barkitty. I roll in, garage door rolls up, and Sophie comes trippity tripping out making a bee line for the mailbox. Likes to smell around and leave her spot there. Meanwhile, I collect the mail. "You got a box," I call up the drive. "Oh, good. Maybe it's my wires finally came," Bearswatter answers. Charger wire for her iPad went bonk, the charger wires they sell at Staples are so exhorbitant they have to put them in a clear plastic case with an RFID chip; and yet they are only 3 feet long. Apple sucks. Never ever had a USB wire go south, much less be that short. So I ordered a 10 foot replacement from Amazon. It's been going on a month now they have not arrived. So I hand her the box and go about my business. Ten minutes later, I hear "Oh crap. It's more cigars." "Really?" I ask. "It's from Sherman. Who is Sherman?" "Mister Peabody's sidekick?" I ask.

She still has no idea. Tomorrow, she will get slammed with boxes.

Me? I am up here in the office already luxuriating in the stink of freebie winnings. Looky here what rsherman sent me today:

You know I love those Perlas, right? All my Perlas are robustos. Lookit the size of that Perla churchill. Size? Looky that Aurora salamone! Better be sitting down for a double header, you're going to smoke that stove pipe. Jeez. JDN Fuerte, 5 Vegas Classic, 5 Vegas A, Torano Dominico. Never heard of that; but I love all Torano's stuff so far. Damn, Sherman, way to kick off.

Everything else is full. So. The last cooler in the house has been pressed into service. Here it gets a kick start from Peabody's sidekick:

Ignore that smirch on the upper left corner. This lil cooler got involved with a motorcycle wrenching project long ago.
==========================================

Comments

• Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    Nice. But I think you're gonna need a bigger cooler! :^)
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,423
    That is awesome, I love it when we can help someone set up a new cooler!
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Not big enough!!
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,122
    Bigshizza:
    Not big enough!!
    +1 hope you kept the reciept! Lol
  • FireRobFireRob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,884
    Bigshizza:
    Not big enough!!
    Yea posting a pic of that little cooler makes it very tempting for me to send you enough to fill that sucker up. But I'll do my best to keep it closer to five....
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,497
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    Bearswatter reports six more packages have arrived at home. Mailman knocked on the door to complain.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    Is the cooler just for lotto winnings, or homerolled too?
    roland_7707:
    Is the cooler just for lotto winnings, or homerolled too?
    Home rolled occupy a small humidor and a big coolidor full of nice cigar boxes. This is strictly a lottery cooler. I may have to sit on the lid. Or smoke them down. Can't help it. That's the last cooler in the house. Went looking at the store; but it's the wrong season for coolers I guess.

First Warrior sent this:

I never had a signed cigar before. That is just super cool. One of those sigs with curlicues and force. The AVO Domaine is looking mighty elegant. I been sniffing that bad boy. How do you not like a fire stick blent by a guy named Jesus Fire?

Outstanding.

imageVariant two landed this hit:

I dig this unusual stuff, like the Four Kicks and the Latitude Zero. Always tried to cross that meridian at right angles. Almost croaked once caught in the doldrums about latitude two. But that's a story for another time. When I smoke this, I'll remember how I saved our bacon with a broken mirror, a protractor, and a piece of string. The Antanos are terrific.

Variant -- different in some way from others of the same kind.
    cbuck sent me a Cohiba which I have never seen before, and which I can't find at the Cohiba site. Look at the colors of this band:

I love the Lot 23 on a rainy day. They always burn just right. Sent me a Room 101 with a mean face on it. Never seen that MOW Little Devil before. Nice selection.

Blutattoo sent me a Flores Y Rodriguez. I discover this is a PDR. Yummers.

That big Tatuaje Cojonu is a beautifully made stick. Another Lot 23 for a rainy day. Oliva O needs a top notch cup of coffee.

I have an Indian Scout on order from Hernley's in Elizabethtown. Their shop manager Braxton likes maduros. Always an excellent idea to be on good terms with your shop manager. Hope you don't mind if I re-gift the maduros to Braxton next month when I take delivery. If I sow the Cojonu, MOW, and FyR now, who knows what good help I might reap later.

I'm missing something here. Someone help me out. The box just says "Belden" on it. There's no note inside. And the tracking number does not match any of the numbers I find posted. Who sent this:

Intemperance. Gotta love that name. Makes you think of the temperance movement, bunch of nitwits left the country plagued by prohibition. Same type of nanny staters trying to rid us of tobacco now. Sweet looking little perfecto. A Tattoo, a Vault (always like Toranos), a Rustica, a Nat Sherman. I bought a box of mild Nat Shermans for the Johnny Sotweedseed project and loved them.

Sorry. Had to take a break there. Bearswatter grilled us up some steaks when I was just about to post this:

From Jbohon. The Ave Maria Crusader is one of my faves. I always keep them in stock. La Herencia has a wide stripe climbing round it. Looks good. Haven't burnt an HC Criollo in years. Leccia Black -- always hearing about Sam Leccia. Can't miss.

Seven down Seventeen to go. I think my lottery cooler is lookin good, don't you? I really think this is gonna work out just fine. Don't you?
    Better. Only cooler left in the house. Gonna throw some water pillows in there now.
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,497
    jimmyv723:

Still going with this lol.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    webmost:
    I'm missing something here. Someone help me out. The box just says "Belden" on it. There's no note inside. And the tracking number does not match any of the numbers I find posted. Who sent this:

Intemperance. Gotta love that name. Makes you think of the temperance movement, bunch of nitwits left the country plagued by prohibition. Same type of nanny staters trying to rid us of tobacco now. Sweet looking little perfecto. A Tattoo, a Vault (always like Toranos), a Rustica, a Nat Sherman. I bought a box of mild Nat Shermans for the Johnny Sotweedseed project and loved them.

That's mine, brother. Could have sworn I put my return addy on the box. Made sure there were no diaper pale sticks in there this time. :^)
    Puff_Dougie:
    webmost:
    I'm missing something here. Someone help me out. The box just says "Belden" on it. There's no note inside. And the tracking number does not match any of the numbers I find posted. Who sent this: ...
    That's mine, brother. Could have sworn I put my return addy on the box. Made sure there were no diaper pale sticks in there this time. :^)
    Aha! The Puffster, out of Nat Sherman University.

Hey don't worry. I smoked that diaper pail stick after a couple months age and it was darn tasty once it dried out and quit fermenting.

I believe Bearswatter's exact phrasing was: "You got a whole shitpile of cigars today!"

Indeed. A stack of six boxes. So I am sitting in front of Thursday Night football, frolicking in a pile of cigars like Scrooge McDuck, and this one got misplaced:

So if you recognize that as yours, thanks.

BigShizza always shizzes big:

The five pack of maduros is going to Hernley's shop manager. I hope you don't mind. Some day in future, who knows, I may just need a buddy running the shop. Good investment.

There's stuff I love in here. The Ave Maria. La Aurora. And stuff I've never seen. Like that elegant Elegancia. Nice. Jaime Garcia. Gotta find out what that's like.

Gave me a good shizzing.

Matkn296,

What's that cigar with no band?
    Everyone is shooting me Ave Marias, cause they know I love them. Haven't had one of the Immaculatas for a couple months. Stoked about that. Is that Black Pearl a Morado?

Good stuff man.

• matkn293matkn293 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,277
    The unbanned is a nic 2nd. One of my favorite every day smokes. Not sure about the black pearl. Got it in COTMC. Will check the paper and let you know. Enjoy and congrats.
    Onestrangeone sent me some strange ones:

1502 Lancero. La Riqueza -- "the richness"
    LFD Double Claro. Talk about strange. I read somewhere that back in the 50s the claro was everyone's favorite wrapper. Not real usual now.
    Getting those Torano 1916 Cams, too. People reading my bio prefs.

My lighter match fingers are itching.

Tyland64 also sent stuff I have never heard of:

I'm thinking that Lighthouse may be a house blend from Lighthouse cigar shops. Rosalones smell tasty as hell. Lat Zero Experimental ... what the heck are they experimenting with?

Then we got two mystery guys. Their return addys give a name; but nothing discovers their screen name. Like Brad Lame, from Wisconsin:

I put that note about the mystery lanceros in the wrong place. It's Brad who sent me two unbanded Lanceros. And look at the fancy figurado Ave Maria. Sweet.

Who are you, Brad? -- I am guessing you're prolly avengethis

The other mystery sender is Jason Hill from TN -- we're thinking that's DarkTower:

Those triple T Trinidads smell triple tasty. I've smoked that same Murcielago the Bat before. Wrote up a review about it, with a story about batting bats. They are some darn nice smokes.

I still have high hopes for my lottery coolidor, even after tonight:

There's a couple water pillows in there. If I remove them, that ought to make room. Thirteen down; eleven to go. This is gonna work. I just know it will.

• FireRobFireRob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,884
    webmost:
    The other mystery sender is Jason Hill from TN:
    >
    I think that is DarkTower
  • matkn293matkn293 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,277
    That would be the DarkTower