Home General Discussion

Be gone for awhile.++Finished++

13»

Comments

• bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    Hopefully they figure it out soon. Thoughts going out to you and your family!
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    At last some positive "action", after 2 blood transfusions they are going to operate and scrape the left lung early next week. I don't know why, but just the fact they are going to do something, as drastic as it is, brings some relief.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,608
    jd50ae:
    At last some positive "action", after 2 blood transfusions they are going to operate and scrape the left lung early next week. I don't know why, but just the fact they are going to do something, as drastic as it is, brings some relief.

Glad to hear you got a little relief, and your good wife too, both deserve it. Thoughts and prayers
    For some good news. He has put on weight and he looks better.

Now they are going to scrape both lungs. I am confused.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    jd50ae:
    For some good news. He has put on weight and he looks better.

Now they are going to scrape both lungs. I am confused.

Hang in there, Bro. Sounds like the pendulum may be starting to swing back to the positive side. Thoughts and prayers still going out to you and yours....
    I'm not in the hospital and these people are doing a good job of causing me to end up in a padded cell. Now they operation is off again and they went from morphine 8 to (it sounded like) dalodin.
    Probably dilaudid. Another name is hydromorphone, not to be confused with hydromorphine. It's easier just to Google dilaudid. It's a pain- killer. Don't know if that's a good sign or a bad one.

In any case, my thoughts and prayers continue, Bro.
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    Never in my life heard about scraping lungs. Gives me the shudders. Good luck with that. Jeez.
    Finally.....he has just been informed they will operate Thursday.
    webmost:
    Never in my life heard about scraping lungs. Gives me the shudders. Good luck with that. Jeez.

I have heard of it once before. A friends father was a 4 pack a day smoker and his lungs were so black they scraped them. It was/still is? a way to treat some lung issues. Years ago there was a young lady who suffered some seriously bad and chronic bad breath, so much so it had a serious impact on her "social" life. When they operated they found (I am not making this up) a plant/tree growing in one of her lungs.
    He was supposed to go in early this morning but someone who needed open heart surgery bumped him. So, he has been sedated all this time and they just wheeled him in. We should know something in about 2 hours.
    He is out of surgery...it went well...hoorah.

They found a strange fibrous filament they had to cut out in order to do what they wanted. I am assuming that has something to do with drug abuse.

They also found a strange "node" that they biopsied, at least they did not call it a tumor. He is in recovery and doing OK.
    That is good news, hopefully the worst is over.
    And to celebrate tomorrow is steak and "Lost City" day. Just got to figure out the beverage.
    The3Stogies:
    That is good news, hopefully the worst is over.

I am thinking that because the surgery went a lot faster and so well that it is all good from here.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    A well deserved sigh of relief Brother... I hope all is better from here on out.

Aj
    MRSA from the biopsy. No doubt in my mind this came from sharing drugs. Skin to skin or fluid transfer is the way you get it. My family had to be disinfected before they left the hospital as a precaution only. The nurse assured everyone they were safe. Now we have to worry about his wife because they shared drugs. At least now they know what to check for. And so it goes.... I may just go to bed for a week or two.
    They are removing all the tubes today and he is up (with assistance) and moving about. He is anxiously awaiting the time when he can wipe his own butt.
    Wiping your own butt is highly over-rated.

Good news indeed, you and your wife deserve it, that's great.
    As my Chinese friend says, "HARARUYAH !!" That's great news, JD. Now, relax a bit and have a stogie. I remember not liking being up and walking a day or two after surgery but it all gets better from here.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Sounds like yall can see the light at the end of the tunnel. This is good.
    Bob Luken:

The light at the end of the tunnel just became a booby trap. It seems the reason they removed the tubes was so that they could, without warning, discharge him today. Did I mention without warning? And with out any pain pills or other prescriptions.

So, lets look at our options. Well hell, we don't have any. His sister, a nurse, who has a spare bedroom won't take him in. His brother an idiot who has a spare bedroom won't take him in. Let me see, who does that leave? Oh, that leaves us with no room at all. *** the world.

I expect I will go back to being a drunk and not caring about a fucking thing.

One good thing, I will be making no more posts about this.
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,122
    jd50ae:
    Bob Luken:

The light at the end of the tunnel just became a booby trap. It seems the reason they removed the tubes was so that they could, without warning, discharge him today. Did I mention without warning? And with out any pain pills or other prescriptions.

So, lets look at our options. Well hell, we don't have any. His sister, a nurse, who has a spare bedroom won't take him in. His brother an idiot who has a spare bedroom won't take him in. Let me see, who does that leave? Oh, that leaves us with no room at all. *** the world.

I expect I will go back to being a drunk and not caring about a fucking thing.

One good thing, I will be making no more posts about this.
    Well that sucks. Not sure what his situation is but if he's indigent Tn has programs where he can stay at a long term care facility for free. My wife did payroll at one for a while so I heard all about it.
    Darktower007:
    Well that sucks. Not sure what his situation is but if he's indigent Tn has programs where he can stay at a long term care facility for free. My wife did payroll at one for a while so I heard all about it.

Yup, check that out, sounds like the route you have to go. Did the hospital give you some contact info for different types of aid? You would think if he needs lots of care they would send him to a rehab/nursing home type facility with round the clock care. No money, he should be eligible for some type of state aid you would think. If you have to take him in and he gets worse, back to the hospital he goes. After repeated visits things may happen, I've been there with my mother. Sorry to hear that news James, don't give up now, you take care