Home General Discussion

What did you get today?

Comments

• scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    Irish I see that Tat halloween box and I envy you. I like that fan addition to your cooler!
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    scarlin:
    Irish I see that Tat halloween box and I envy you. I like that fan addition to your cooler!
    Thanks Spencer! Unfortunately I never owned the box when it was full, just the empty box from a local B&M lol. The only "Full" boxes I have in there is the MoW Little Devils and JdN Celebracion's in the Robusto size :) First two boxes I've ever owned actually, all the other sticks I've ever had were just singles or bombs lol. The fan works like a dream too, circulates the air perfectly and it's a little more powerful than an Oust Fan, plus I made the setup myself which I like better anyways :)
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    Anarchy! Total F'n Anarchy, in my coolidor! Happy F'n St. Patty's Day! Peace!
  • JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
    I got an xikar ashtray can and 2 mow virtues. So I can do my mow badge next week.
    Got the coolidor filled and organized, here is a shot of it:

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
  • big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    danielzreyes:
    Uploaded with Snapbucket (Original)
    Nice pick up
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    danielzreyes:

Any idea of age? Those are old bands...
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Good pick Daniel. If they have at least three years of aging with proper humidity, you will enjoy a very smooth, fruity, woody, earthy flavor. I would like to know your experience.
    danielzreyes:
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    doc, Before it was given to me, I was given word that it was purchased in summer of 09.

rzaman, The taste notes that you mentioned is exaclty what I get out of these. I enjoy these very much, especially the #2. I have 2 #2's left from a 2010 box. Until I get my hands on more, I think I'll hold on to them for awhile.
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,036
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    Home from Florida, and a few packages waiting, a little something from DD
    And some OSOKs been wanting to try!!
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    Went to a local shop for their anniversary party over the weekend and picked up a box of Tat RC184s and T114s. Shouldn't have spent the money but those cigars are well worth the investment. Plus, got to chat with Pete and got him to sign a box and the hat that came with the sticks. Awesome guy.
  • Un_SubUn_Sub Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 210
    MVW67:

Nice!
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    90+ Irishman:
    Well got the 48 qt coolidor setup now and just about up to proper humidity. I pirated a computer power source and rewired it to supply the correct current and voltage to some computer fans, they have about 10' of leads to a set of quick-connects and then the fans for cooling the computer are mounted inside the coolidor and another is mounted inside the cabinet. All of it is controlled by a remote switch, so I can turn it on for as long or as short as I wish; turned out pretty dang well and works like a charm :)
    Nice! - Good lookin' coolidor and cigars you got there, brother.
    Great idea on adding the switch for the fan too, saves the headache of having to plug/unplug it from an outlet all the time - good thinkin.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    i recieved a 10 pack of 5Vegas Gold Maduros that i won on the sprint sale
    jgibv:
    90+ Irishman:
    Well got the 48 qt coolidor setup now and just about up to proper humidity. I pirated a computer power source and rewired it to supply the correct current and voltage to some computer fans, they have about 10' of leads to a set of quick-connects and then the fans for cooling the computer are mounted inside the coolidor and another is mounted inside the cabinet. All of it is controlled by a remote switch, so I can turn it on for as long or as short as I wish; turned out pretty dang well and works like a charm :)
    Nice! - Good lookin' coolidor and cigars you got there, brother.
    Great idea on adding the switch for the fan too, saves the headache of having to plug/unplug it from an outlet all the time - good thinkin.
    Thanks man it works like a dream, I also have the same setup in my cabinet ad well controlled by the same switch that way I can take care of both the large units that need circulation at once!
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    90+ Irishman:
    Thanks man it works like a dream, I also have the same setup in my cabinet ad well controlled by the same switch that way I can take care of both the large units that need circulation at once!
    That's real smart....if I ever install fans or upgrade to bigger units I'll certainly be stealing this idea. Are they on a timer too or do you just switch the fans on when you need them?
    How often do you run them?
    jgibv:
    90+ Irishman:
    That's real smart....if I ever install fans or upgrade to bigger units I'll certainly be stealing this idea. Are they on a timer too or do you just switch the fans on when you need them?
    How often do you run them?
    The fans were pirated from an old tower computer. I cleaned em spotless as not to introduce anything into the humidifier environment and then pirated the power supply and rewired it to supply the correct amperage and voltage. I put a switch in line with the power line to interior it so it only runs both fans when the switch is connected. I run them about every 36 hrs or so for ten-fifteen minutes. Timer would be nice us just don't have one and haven't tried to make one yet either. Works like charm though.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    MVW67:
    Nice Pick Up!!!
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    catfishbluezz:
    Nice grabs, those Avo's look tasty! Congrats!
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    5pk of the EP Short Run 2012

• MephistoMephisto Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 508
    DD's contest package:

Thanks Steve! There's a few of my favorites here and a few I've been wanting to try.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    danielzreyes:
    doc, Before it was given to me, I was given word that it was purchased in summer of 09.

Awesome. Those bands were discontinued in 2006, so those Montes are at least around 5 or 6 years old, if not older. The no. 4 can have some consistency issues, due to the massive production volume, but when they are on, they are some of my favorites. Hope they are as killer as they can be at their best!
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    smoke em if you got em:

You have got to let me know how those are.
  • jasonusa1jasonusa1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 729
    stephen_hannibal:
    smoke em if you got em:

You have got to let me know how those are.
    Same here. Love the 2011s.
  • joshvoigtjoshvoigt Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 325
    Also picked up the 2012 Short Run and they are spectacular! Best Short Run yet!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Got my Xikar Ash Can from Thursday's DD. Also picked up a can of 5x refined butane from a local smoke shop.
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Got these drinks to pairing them with cigars: Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket