Home General Discussion

CREATING YOUR OWN BRAND

13»

Comments

• jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    After visiting the website and reading the "front 9/back 9" and "par" names, I realized you were going with a golf theme......

But when I first read "Swinger" Cigars, well, that name could have gone a couple different ways LOL
  • puffmasterpuffmaster Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 252
    Thank you all for the great input. I have not began the mobile version yet. So I understand that the mobile is little off at the moment. I am trying to get the bottom bar to resize accordingly. From what Im reading you guys definatley want me to add elevator music? Got it adding the music now......lol. I am meeting with web engineer tonight and will bring all these issues to their attention. Thank you all for the feedback, and please anything more please add. It truly will help and be heard. Thanks.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    looking good Ryan, can't wait
  • perkinkeperkinke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,562
    On the whole I like it. The only thing I saw that hasn't been mentioned is the image on the front page left, the brunette, you can still see a thin white border around the image where it was cropped and pasted and it looks a little like it's floating. But again, I like it, very nicely organized and the cigar slider works well.
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    perkinke:
    On the whole I like it. The only thing I saw that hasn't been mentioned is the image on the front page left, the brunette, you can still see a thin white border around the image where it was cropped and pasted and it looks a little like it's floating. But again, I like it, very nicely organized and the cigar slider works well.
    Now that you said it, I can't stop seeing it.
  • perkinkeperkinke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,562
    Rain:
    perkinke:
    Now that you said it, I can't stop seeing it.
    Just go back and forth really quickly on the cigars slider and make the blonde dance, you'll forget all about it.
    I am getting the girl on the front worked on as well. The other stuff has been updated and everything should be finished and updated by tomorrow. I will post with final web address and link. I really appreciate the feedback.
    www.swingercigar.com The website has officially launched. MOre news coming as I learn or create it lol. Thanks for your feedback and support. Be Well!
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Nice site so far and I'm itching to try out the cigars. I might have missed this, but was this brand going to be B&M only or will you be dealing with sites like CCOM or CI?
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    do not google the name on a work computer. type the site in directly.

Aj
    dr_frankenstein56:
    do not google the name on a work computer. type the site in directly.

Aj
    Oh, I know. I figured with the name "swinger", it would pull up all sorts of NSFW material. lol
  • No_one21No_one21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,962
    Cool that the site is up! But the white lettering over the sand trap on the About Us page still irks me lol
    No_one21:
    Cool that the site is up! But the white lettering over the sand trap on the About Us page still irks me lol
    I do apologize. I'm not getting where this is happening. Please let me know so I can fix it. Thank you!
    wwhwang:
    Nice site so far and I'm itching to try out the cigars. I might have missed this, but was this brand going to be B&M only or will you be dealing with sites like CCOM or CI?
    I am open to both. I will be working on getting a meeting with the big boys soon. I am not exclusive to store or internet.
    puffmaster:
    No_one21:
    I do apologize. I'm not getting where this is happening. Please let me know so I can fix it. Thank you!
    I am getting that worked on today. Thank you for the feedback. This truly helps
    The website was updated with the recommended changes. Thanks for the feed back. Should have images of the boxes today.
    Not sure if this is a sensitive question, but what would the MSRP range be?
    6x60 MSRP 7.75
    Everything is in line to ship product by June 1st. If you are or know any retailers who might be interested in carrying Swinger Cigars, please have them contact me to get pricing. This early communication also allows us to get you on the site and promote your store. Thank you and Be Well!
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    puffmaster:
    Everything is in line to ship product by June 1st. If you are or know any retailers who might be interested in carrying Swinger Cigars, please have them contact me to get pricing. This early communication also allows us to get you on the site and promote your store. Thank you and Be Well!
    Since you got a golf themed cigar....
    (I assume you've already done this) but have you approached golf courses/country clubs directly to see if they'd be interested in carrying it too?

Not sure how it all works....but most of the courses around here have display humidors & sell at least a few brands of cigars.
    That might be another good opportunity for you, puff, if you haven't looked into it already....
    We have looked into it. It has to go through a distributer
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    No_one21:
    puffmaster:
    No_one21:
    I have that problem as well
    Looks like it got mostly fixed to me, though they need to take out some spaces between the top paragraph and 2nd paragraph so they don't overlap. At least from what I'm seeing.
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,533
    what web browser's are you using? intenet explorer i am not getting what you guys are getting
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    what web browser's are you using? intenet explorer i am not getting what you guys are getting
    Currently I'm on a 22" screen so I looked at both chrome and firefox and found that at full size you get what's on the left of my picture. White words with light backgrounds and some words overlapping. At half screen size you get what's on the right. Slightly better but still overlapping. Odd really.

• brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    he doesn't have his responsive design setup correctly because it is doing that on larger screen sizes in every browser that I have. it looks better on a smaller screen, but runs over in chrome, firefox, and IE on my 15.6 wide screen. To be honest that whole page looks jumbled and unorganized. Pictures overlap each other, the pictures are all different sizes and don't fit well together, the text overlaps at one point and the different font sizes look very odd. You would be better off left or right justifying all the text, standardizing the font size and arranging the pictures to the side of it or center justifying it and organizing the pics in 2 rows on each side of it.