Home General Discussion

CREATING YOUR OWN BRAND

Comments

• puffmasterpuffmaster Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 252
    So I will be sending sample blends to Kuzi. Please PM me your address. I appreciate your time and consideration. The blends will be shipping next Friday the Seventh. Thank you all for the support more info coming soon
    If you would like some photo updates as they happen, please feel free to like swinger cigar on Facebook or check the page out as we show you some of the blending development. Will post on here as soon as I return from the d.r. .
  • perkinkeperkinke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,562
    PM me the link, searching brings up some, uh, interesting results. ;)
  • flowbeeflowbee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    This is very exciting stuff puff, keep us posted on the progress. Its not everyday a botl explodes into the industry we all love
    Www.facebook.com/swingercigar
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    coolest thing ever man, wish i could make my own!

Aj
  • bearbbearb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,044
    Nice work Ryan! So glad this is coming together for you.

Really like the marketing angle/approach to this endeavour you shared with some of us before. So glad you are now at this stage of actually getting them rolled. Keep us posted big guy!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    puffmaster:
    So I will be sending sample blends to Kuzi. Please PM me your address. I appreciate your time and consideration. The blends will be shipping next Friday the Seventh. Thank you all for the support more info coming soon
    sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I was on vacation. I'm actually in the airport on my way home now.
    Blends are boxed ready to ship. Kuzi I appreciate your time. Thank you. Tridents thoughts should be up soon with pics.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Sounds like it is time for a herf! Really enjoyed following you during the process on Facebook.
  • TridentTrident Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,005
    I will get it posted when I get to maui tonight. Sorry for the delay ryan.
  • Tyland64Tyland64 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 714
    puffmaster:
    Blends are boxed ready to ship. Kuzi I appreciate your time. Thank you. Tridents thoughts should be up soon with pics.
    YO Biggie, it is so great that your dream has become a reality. Congrats !!
    Trident no worries. Safe travels.
    puffmaster... did you get my PM?
    Yes I did receive it. I also replied. Again, thank you for your time.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    How's the cigars coming along Ryan?
    Just waiting on final votes of blends. Expected launch is in May. How have you been? Life good?
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    You guys going to be at IPCPR this year? Let me know and I will stop by.
    I will be there. I don't know about a booth yet. Trying to split one but waiting on details. Will be at cfest also with samples in hand.
    puffmaster:
    Just waiting on final votes of blends.
    with any luck ill have my last vote to you on Wednesday
    So Kuzi has weighed in his votes and the final blend has been chosen. I am very grateful for everyone's patience and participation. The bands are up on the swinger cigar company facebook page. Final product and more updates coming soon. Thank You!
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    puffmaster:
    So Kuzi has weighed in his votes and the final blend has been chosen. I am very grateful for everyone's patience and participation. The bands are up on the swinger cigar company facebook page. Final product and more updates coming soon. Thank You!
    Just Awesome.
    puffmaster:
    here is what i had to say on the test blends:

this is my take. i have them in order from least favorite to most favorite.

Band #1
    strange mushroom. Slightly sweet. A bit of pepper burn through the nose. Woody and a bit too much pepper through the nose for a mild smoke. Not sure I would buy this cigar if it hit the market. A bit out of balance.

no band :
    a bit big for me (52?) great retrohale. Creamy and smooth. Woody. Very nice. The musk is a touch too much. The real issue for me is that the musk creeps into the finish and lingers a bit too long becoming a bit “skunk” and not as much “old attic”
    the front end does not match the back end foe me. Not a bad smoke but I would not buy again if it was more than $8. if it was a $6 (or less) cigar id smoke it all day long

#2 band :
    wood and light sweet earth. Good retrohale. A touch of spice. Very well balanced. Spice is not overpowering at all and is a great and necessary addition to the flavors. As it develops a round earthy undertone enters the mix. its rich and bold while not destroying your palate. the balance is the best part of this smoke.
    Would be happy to buy one of these. $9 would not be a problem. $12 may be a bit much.

#2 is easily the best of the bunch.

Kuzi, Thanks for posting. I hope all is well and more details emerging soon. Any questions please ask!
    If you would like to get involved in some of the process I am asking for suggestions on the website before I launch it. Here is a link to the beta version http://swingercigar.businesscatalyst.com/index.html . Please help with all feedback. Thank you and have a great day.
    whatever you do, do not add music. i HATE websites with autoplay music.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    kuzi16:
    +1 auto music is annoying.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    kuzi16:
    You mean the smooth ass jazz that everyone thinks they need on a cigar website......... it always trips me out because I usually have music going and then it messes up how the song sounds.
    I'm glad Matt got a crack at these sticks. I'm interested in the outcome.

• brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    puffmaster:
    If you would like to get involved in some of the process I am asking for suggestions on the website before I launch it. Here is a link to the beta version http://swingercigar.businesscatalyst.com/index.html . Please help with all feedback. Thank you and have a great day.
    Before i go into what i would change, i like the general look and feel of the site. the Logo is beautiful and the general theme of the site is good. I think you have a good start. Now onto what i see as some issues:

1. Standardize on a font. I count at least 6 different fonts on the site. That makes it look unprofessional
    2. Your background image is not scaling correctly on mobile devices (ipad and iphone at least) There is 1 1/2 in of dead black space on the right hand side on an Ipad and 1/2 in dead space on an iphone.
    3. Look at rehoming your site menus to the top of the site. As of right now, unless you are on the home page you have scroll down to navigate your site. That's a no- no. If you like the menus on the bottom them you need to look into a responsive design of your site which automatically re-sizes your page based off of the size of the browser/device that is viewing the page and that will keep those navigation menus on the screen by default
    4. Since the Swinger logo is on every single page make that a live link which takes you back to your home page.
    5. the our products slideshow is a cool idea, but right now it looks like it is just slapped onto a page and does not look good on a mobile device at all. I would find a way to integrate that onto the page a little better.
  • No_one21No_one21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,962
    Brian hit it pretty well, also the white colored font with light backgrounds makes it extremely hard to read and this happens on multiple pages. I suggest either using black when the image behind isn't scrolling with the words, or when it is put the words in their own box with correct contrast.