Home General Discussion

INTEGRITY!

Comments

• big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    I'm gonna send him a few extra, hopefully he can come back he hasn't responded to my pm's
  • captaincgarcaptaincgar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 25
    lonniekt1966 YOU ARE SO RIGHT, I joined not that long ago, I thought this would be different than a few of the other sites. You mention polices I will not mention names but, I have gotten F#@% with a deal that I made with who I thought was another true cigar smoker, not the case. You will also notice this forum has a small tiny little group that sticks together and can be very very rude to others, stay away from this group, when you complain about anything, they will come out swinging, just rude F$#$*&4 AS%#$ Holes
  • curtpickcurtpick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,600
    captaincgar:
    lonniekt1966 YOU ARE SO RIGHT, I joined not that long ago, I thought this would be different than a few of the other sites. You mention polices I will not mention names but, I have gotten F#@% with a deal that I made with who I thought was another true cigar smoker, not the case. You will also notice this forum has a small tiny little group that sticks together and can be very very rude to others, stay away from this group, when you complain about anything, they will come out swinging, just rude F$#$*&4 AS%#$ Holes
    tell us about your problems kind sir. Yes there are some asses but far from being the whole forum. But I can tell you , you just scored a lot of points with everyone.
  • danielruasdanielruas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 778
    captaincgar:
    Sorry but this just isn't true at all, I'm not one of the most active members, I mean I've been around for years and only have 500 some odd posts. I do a lot of reading on here, some posting, some trading and just recently started my first pass. But this community is great, everything I know about cigars I've learned here and I've met some great guys. I'm not in any inner circle or anything and I don't believe there is one, there are super active members who have gotten to know each other and become friends, so sure they don't treat you like the guy they know well and speak to daily but stick around and get to know people and you'll see how things change. I've been burned here in a couple trades, it happens, it's life, I move on I don't cause a fuss. If someone here has offended you so badly I'm sure you could reach out to them and there would be another side to the story. Just my two cents.
  • captaincgarcaptaincgar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 25
    you are right, I was talking about one deal I made with a member, never received my trade, I had sent out my end. You know the rest. Thanks for your reply
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    captaincgar:
    you are right, I was talking about one deal I made with a member, never received my trade, I had sent out my end. You know the rest. Thanks for your reply
    No, we don't...that's why we're asking. If somebody screwed you, give out some details.I'll remind you, however...
    captaincgar:
    this is the best cigar chat room I have bean in thus far
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    captaincgar:
    I don't get this....you haven't posted in any of the threads other than what did you smoke threads. How could you have been burned?

Honestly try to go over to a place like cigar pass and try to fit in there....this place is a dream compared to a place like that.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    captaincgar:
    1st of all lonniekt1966 was not right, sometimes people get busy in life and have everyday problems that they just can't get the package out within a few weeks or so, so what, it happens all the time, I for 1 owe twistedstem a package for my avatar contest that I haven't sent out yet but I will, and he knows that, u don't see him crying and wanting to leave. If u did a trade with someone pease provide details, according to your posts u haven't mentioned any trades at all. There are bunch after bunch of great guys and girls on here, and will be many more to come. This is 1 big family who looks out for 1 another not just with cigars, but with family issues, and everyday problems. There's not a better forum out there. I hope u can resolve your issue, and stick around u will c that.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    brianetz1:
    captaincgar:
    I don't get this....you haven't posted in any of the threads other than what did you smoke threads. How could you have been burned?

Honestly try to go over to a place like cigar pass and try to fit in there....this place is a dream compared to a place like that.
    Nasty rotten nachos
    captaincgar:
    Please PM the details if you have a minute.
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Better delete that post, Ken! Give people ideas.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    I have had a couple trades and a no show on a PIF before........ I just move on. Its not worth my time or brain capacity to worry on such things.

I have also been late on sending things out as promised, THAT bothers me if It is MY screw up.

To my knowledge, I have never stiffed anyone. If I am wrong with that statement, please tell me.......

To all my BOTL........ Thank you for letting me be part of this forum.
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 585
    OK I am fairly new here and to the world of non machine rolled stogies. But maybe I am crazy... but I read the welcoming thread... the 101 the new traders ... etc. I am active in reading and some replies.

I followed the guidelines and enjoy this forum. I am not saying that I don't miss read and like any other written word my moods affect the meaning of the message. I will not reply in anger... cool heads will prevail. Common sense and following the guidelines that this forum has decided on (which are not hard to follow) keeps most people happy. Some people will always want drama.
    Save the drama for your llama. Momma ain't got time for that stuff.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    I have made some great friends here that have stayed friends for years. These guys gave a ton of sticks and more for several huge packages I did for the Troops. Seriously over a thousand sticks and some good stuff. These guys helped me out when things got tough and I was worried about Christmas for my kids. I have been bombed like you wouldn't believe. Been in some amazing passes and trades. Guys here take care of each other. We all don't always agree and I have got in some disagreements with a couple guys but at the end of the day any of you would be welcome to come sit on my deck and smoke.
  • perkinkeperkinke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,562
    This kind of rant always amuses me, as if his leaving is going to cause our lives to be so horrendously affected. Truly one of the downsides of the internet I guess. I've had a great time with the guys on here, i'm even learning to be a better crusty old ***. ;)
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 908
    goodness gracious!
    I guess I have to re-introduce myself to all these noods....

I am "The Don" of this here Forum, and have been for about 16 months, since the early retirement of the previous Don, who wants his identity to remain a secret, for political reasons.
    Yes, we have a secret society, a secret handshake, and on the second Saturday of every month, those 22 of us in the "inner circle" receive 5 Padrons, gratis of course, from the fine folks here at ccom.

If any of you noods, or even more experienced members who are not in the inner circle, have any issues that need to be resolved, simply send me 5 of your best cigars, along with a note describing your issue.
    As I smoke your cigars, I will ponder the issue, and reply with my solution, which will be the best solution because of course, I am The Don.

Now carry on.......
  • No_one21No_one21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,962
    KingoftheCove:
    goodness gracious!

I am "The Don" of this here Forum, and have been for about 16 months, since the early retirement of the previous Don, who wants his identity to remain a secret, for political reasons.
    Yes, we have a secret society, a secret handshake, and on the second Saturday of every month, those 22 of us in the "inner circle" receive 5 Padrons, gratis of course, from the fine folks here at ccom.

If any of you noods, or even more experienced members who are not in the inner circle, have any issues that need to be resolved, simply send me 5 of your best cigars, along with a note describing your issue.
    As I smoke your cigars, I will ponder the issue, and reply with my solution, which will be the best solution because of course, I am The Don.

Now carry on.......
    Sure, just give us your address :P
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,423
    KingoftheCove:
    goodness gracious!

Now carry on.......
    HI "Don" Post that Addy! I will see if I can create an "Issue" that demands your attention, Thank you for your service!
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    Keith, you may have left but hopefully you see this. This is the best forum you can find so you're really missing out here. If you feel slighted or ripped off by someone, then send me your address and I will make it right.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    captaincgar:
    welcome my friend, life is good, sit back and relax a while. Not sure who you're talking about around here, plenty of good folks, although sometimes a bad apple arises from time to time.
    lonniekt1966:
    Integrity, this forum has none or very little at best. You people say that the forum polices itself but you pick and choose what you police. You have people starting passes and such with rules posted then they pick and choose who those rules apply to and no one "polices" them. You have people that make bets then don't pay up when they lose. These people know who they are. The bets you can't police but the other you can but you don't and that makes this forum a joke. Time to move on to a forum that actually has integrity, if there is one. I'm out!!
    you should send me your addy. This place isn't like that, and if this is an isse with Chunks, I can think of plenty of people to vouch for him. Let me settle his debt.
  • curtpickcurtpick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,600
  • big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    Does anyone have his email??
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    While I have been rather inactive lately (school's a pain, isn't it?), I think we need to get the newbie trade thread stuff to build up rep back to the front pages and someone to help run them so the new guys don't get paired up with some who may not be to trusting. I would love to see this happen again as it was a big help for me, especially when I was new to cigars. Maybe we could even get that post to become a sticky or pinned topic (cough CCOM you gotta have the simple ability cough). While thos eguys are right about our self policing, it is sorta hard with no formal police force, but I think if we get the new guys involved in some passes or trades we can prevent this. Also sh*t does happen so there can be delays (oh the many I've experienced just in passes..) And With that I'll see you in a month for my next post (4@#%$ @#$@( college). Feel free to PM me if you want to do a trade, I am always down and I try my fastest to get that box out within 1 hour after receiving it if its a noob trade or within 2 hours of agreeing to the trade. I take pride in my fast turnarounds.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    catfishbluezz:
    captaincgar:
    welcome my friend, life is good, sit back and relax a while. Not sure who you're talking about around here, plenty of good folks, although sometimes a bad apple arises from time to time.
    Be careful Dustin. I have a sneaky suspicion that captaincgar is a long time friend of ours. I wonder if he is a cgarlover.....
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    SleevePlz:
    catfishbluezz:
    captaincgar:
    Be careful Dustin. I have a sneaky suspicion that captaincgar is a long time friend of ours. I wonder if he is a cgarlover.....
    hmm........that would add up, wouldn't it?
    I got a PM from this guy, unlike the OP, trying to sort this out.
  • SasquatchSasquatch Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 228
    Hello from a long time lurker's perspective. This is the best cigar board on the internet! Bar none. It is that way because of a great group of guys are assembled on this board with varying levels of activity. I wouldn't have a problem sharing a smoke on the back deck with any of you guys, well maybe one...lol joking. The same goes for trading. I haven't picked up on the usual internet shenanigans here, and if they do occur they are promptly dealt with. That this board is so trouble free speaks volumes about the members here and the BOTL community spirit that is fostered here. I really have been planning on becoming more involved here. It seems everytime I think I'll have time to try and V-herf with you guys.....real life intervenes. My normal time to smoke is before sunrise which makes an evening smoke a rare treat. As for trading, bombs, passes, etc.... I am not in a position to participate at this time. Plain & simple enough said. I enjoy watching that forum section in awe at you guys and actually prefer the sidelines in that league of play. One day soon..... I'll say in advance "don't be offended by anything I say" It is not personal, it's the internet. If you have been offended then PM me, and I'll come duel you at sunrise..errrr work it out like adults.
  • SasquatchSasquatch Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 228
    p.s. Everybody have a great day!
    SleevePlz:
    catfishbluezz:
    captaincgar:
    I have a feeling he tends to GLICK on his caps lock from time to time. If not, I have no problem taking care of him for whomever this "true" cigar smoker was...