Home General Discussion

INTEGRITY!

lonniekt1966lonniekt1966 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 78
Integrity, this forum has none or very little at best. You people say that the forum polices itself but you pick and choose what you police. You have people starting passes and such with rules posted then they pick and choose who those rules apply to and no one "polices" them. You have people that make bets then don't pay up when they lose. These people know who they are. The bets you can't police but the other you can but you don't and that makes this forum a joke. Time to move on to a forum that actually has integrity, if there is one. I'm out!!

Comments

• Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    I'm not sure why it's a problem that people have rules on their passes. Because you're still relatively new, let me explain to you that it's related to your second complaint. People have let anyone into passes and it sometimes ends badly, where a pass just disappears, or some of it's contents at least. It's not meant to slight anyone and exceptions are sometimes made, but most people don't ask for them out of respect for the one starting the pass.

As for friendly wagers, I hate to hear that you were burned. I think you're right that we flame people for that sort of conduct too infrequently. Care to share in a PM?
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Lonnie, for starters, I shouldn't even respond since you're "out" and probably won't see this, but I will. I like to think that I'm pretty active on this forum and have a pretty firm grip of what is going on. However, I don't "police" it. Pass rules/guidelines are at the sole discretion of the pass originator. If I put $200 worth of cigars in a box and ship it around the country, no one is going to tell me who I have to send it to. If you have a problem with that, well, too bad. If you are aware of someone not paying up on a wager on here, then say who it is. I, nor anyone else probably, keeps track of other people's bets. Feel free to be the police if you are aware of an infraction. Lastly, calling this place a joke is a joke. I'm sorry you're not enjoying your time here. Sadly, this is probably the most inviting cigar forum on the internet.
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Well I don't know exactly what you're speaking about I'm sorry if you've been burned. To generalize this entire forum is a mistake. Keep in mind that every single person on here is human and everybody makes a mistake from time to time. Maybe sometimes Ken and I are too hard on people that join and their first post was about selling exotic cigars... but usually if we crossed the line the voice of reason will correct us. Sometimes we take defending this community too far, but I think our intentions are good.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    SleevePlz:
    Lonnie, for starters, I shouldn't even respond since you're "out" and probably won't see this, but I will. I like to think that I'm pretty active on this forum and have a pretty firm grip of what is going on. However, I don't "police" it. Pass rules/guidelines are at the sole discretion of the pass originator. If I put $200 worth of cigars in a box and ship it around the country, no one is going to tell me who I have to send it to. If you have a problem with that, well, too bad. If you are aware of someone not paying up on a wager on here, then say who it is. I, nor anyone else probably, keeps track of other people's bets. Feel free to be the police if you are aware of an infraction. Lastly, calling this place a joke is a joke. I'm sorry you're not enjoying your time here. Sadly, this is probably the most inviting cigar forum on the internet.
    +1, well said Teach.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    Uuummmm......goodbye.
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 908
    Rain:
    ...................Maybe sometimes Ken and I are too hard on people that join and their first post was about selling exotic cigars............
    ha ha ha ha!!!....................that is REALLY funny.
    You are kidding right!!??
    This Forum is by FAR populated by the most polite, friendly, accepting, nice bunch of guys/gals in all of the Cigar Interwebs, maybe of any web Forum period.

You and Ken "too hard" on people?.............................please!

• VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    F*ck the Seahawks-----that is all;)
    Vulchor:
    LOL. nice
    Vulchor:
    Seahawks are fine, just not Richard Sherman.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    Not a Seahawks fan, but the man does have a great name
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Vulchor:
    Now Dave don't get Fin crazy
  • The PhantomThe Phantom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 51
    KingoftheCove:
    Rain:
    ...................Maybe sometimes Ken and I are too hard on people that join and their first post was about selling exotic cigars............

ha ha ha ha!!!....................that is REALLY funny.

You are kidding right!!??

This Forum is by FAR populated by the most polite, friendly, accepting, nice bunch of guys/gals in all of the Cigar Interwebs, maybe of any web Forum period.

You and Ken "too hard" on people?.............................please!

Totally agree!
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    Anyone know what this is all about? There was a similar rant yesterday by someone called "Chronic", or something similar to that. Are these guys getting ripped off? Or, is this just another round of trolls whining about diddly? Seems out of place to me, and apparently to most of you as well, just wondering if there's some legitamate problem.
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    I don't normally chime in on these things....life is too short. But passes are at the discretion of who starts them, for some of us who has been here awhile has seen passes go bad, I have also seen botl stand up and correct bad, lost, stolen passes which is amazing. (I know I participate in only a couple passes a year), and seen passes go great and seen BOTLs leave for various reasons. The XMAS pass has always had the same rules, last year another BOTL started a XMAS pass for the ones that did not meet the requirements and I believe it went rather well if not mistaken

Yes there is some policing, some is very blunt and to the point, but not all can be accounted for. If you have trades or bets that went bad let someone know in a Pm, if not contact a Vet on forums and he/she will pm said individual. Sometimes life happens and hardships arise (I had two trades that never developed, and well so be it again Life is too short), which is the reason I just bomb people expecting NOTHING in return.

I do feel bad for you that you feel the way you do and wish you luck on finding the forum that better fits into your life style. Be safe Mike
    lonniekt1966:
    You have people starting passes and such with rules posted then they pick and choose who those rules apply to and no one "polices" them. You have people that make bets then don't pay up when they lose. These people know who they are.
    Not sure if this happened to him or if it happened to someone else. Either he's mad because he got excluded or he won something and has not got it..? Dunno, I'm not a mind reader.
  • curtpickcurtpick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,600
    Lonnie. I hope nothing I had done offended you . If I did then please let me know. I am not here to make enemies. Quite the contrary. And no guys I didn't burn him on a bet. One last thing. A wise man once stated that "sometimes things are better left unsaid". I am a firm believer in that. No need to hit a man when he's down.
    ETA: I would like to add that if i offended anyone here then contact me via pm. Or some of you have my cell. Because sometimes BS is spread by those who are just full of it, or themselves. Please allow me at least my say.
    Carry on.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    Amos Umwhat:
    Anyone know what this is all about? There was a similar rant yesterday by someone called "Chronic", or something similar to that. Are these guys getting ripped off? Or, is this just another round of trolls whining about diddly? Seems out of place to me, and apparently to most of you as well, just wondering if there's some legitamate problem.
    if you click on his name and look at his posts you can see where it went bad.

sometimes it is tough for new members to understand that this is a tight knit community that sometimes is hard to break into. cigar.com is no where near as hard as other forums out there, but still new members can be taken in a different way than they would want to be which could lead to bad blood.

Another thing for everyone to keep in mind is that sometimes it is tough for new members to see one person who started around the same time as they did and who is about as active as they are be welcomed into the fold more quickly than they are, rules being bent for things because "we know johnny, he wouldnt do that", or one member getting bombed into submission when you aren't.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    brianetz1:
    Amos Umwhat:
    if you click on his name and look at his posts you can see where it went bad.

sometimes it is tough for new members to understand that this is a tight knit community that sometimes is hard to break into. cigar.com is no where near as hard as other forums out there, but still new members can be taken in a different way than they would want to be which could lead to bad blood.

Another thing for everyone to keep in mind is that sometimes it is tough for new members to see one person who started around the same time as they did and who is about as active as they are be welcomed into the fold more quickly than they are, rules being bent for things because "we know johnny, he wouldnt do that", or one member getting bombed into submission when you aren't.
    REALLY?!?!?!

...lol, so this is all butthurt, huh? oh well. good riddance then.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    I looked at his posts this morning because I was curious but I didn't see where it went wrong. Maybe I didn't look closely enough. However I thought the guy was fitting in just fine. I hate that he felt slighted.

BTW Why do people feel the need to make a big deal about leaving in a huff. If I ever get upset at you boys I hope I have the restraint not to get on here and rant about what a-holes you are and then I proclaim that I'm leaving. I would prefer to silently head out the side door and not bother anybody when I go.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    Bob Luken:
    I looked at his posts this morning because I was curious but I didn't see where it went wrong. Maybe I didn't look closely enough. However I thought the guy was fitting in just fine. I hate that he felt slighted.

BTW Why do people feel the need to make a big deal about leaving in a huff. If I ever get upset at you boys I hope I have the restraint not to get on here and rant about what a-holes you are and then I proclaim that I'm leaving. I would prefer to silently head out the side door and not bother anybody when I go.
    You have to go back a few pages.

Totally agree on the leaving bob....it is akin to tellng someone on twitter or Facebook saying you are unfollowing them or de friending them. The reality is that no one cares.
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,520
    Sounds like somebody didn't pay a bet. Also sounds like a classic case of "I'm taking my ball and going home you big stupid doodie head." The OP was made around 2 in the morning as well, which might have something to do with it. If your skin isn't thick enough for this place, I'm not sure any other forum will work out either.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Bob Luken:

10 cigar bet on Dodgers / Cardinals.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    An attitude like that will never solve any problems. See ya later. Hope you find a home somewhere. We'll be here in this "joke of a forum" with the best BOTL's on the web.
    Maybe next time a bet goes south, try a PM. If that fails, post the five W's and see where it goes from there.A vague "Eff this forum" helps nobody, and if in fact someone has not owned up to a trade then the community should be made aware.
    Rain:
    Maybe next time a bet goes south, try a PM. If that fails, post the five W's and see where it goes from there.
    Damn it... I'm leaving to, Randy to send to me on the bet either.... Lol. U guys suck.
    That was a horrible idea on my part. Not only did my team lose, I'm out 10 stogies. Mega fail.
  • big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    I told him the reason for the delay of my bet, basically my car broke down and that is my priority right now I don't want to bother no one to get a ride to the post office, still gonna send him the smokes soon as I can, basically been stuck at home with nothing to do but smoke cigars, but I guess he wanted the smokes asap
    Rain:
    That was a horrible idea on my part. Not only did my team lose, I'm out 10 stogies. Mega fail.
    Lol, I'm sure u will get them back from me 1 day :)
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    big chunks:
    I told him the reason for the delay of my bet, basically my car broke down and that is my priority right now I don't want to bother no one to get a ride to the post office, still gonna send him the smokes soon as I can, basically been stuck at home with nothing to do but smoke cigars, but I guess he wanted the smokes asap
    Thanks for clearing this up for the forum at large. Honestly though, it was none of our business if you ask me. You told him there would be a delay. There is no reason not to believe you won't make good on your end. This type of thing is not an issue between brothers....
    SleevePlz:
    big chunks:
    Thanks for clearing this up for the forum at large. Honestly though, it was none of our business if you ask me. You told him there would be a delay. There is no reason not to believe you won't make good on your end. This type of thing is not an issue between brothers....
    +1.Yeah, if he asked and you answered...he should give you some time. I mean, it has not been very long in my book.