Home General Discussion

2nd Annual Chicago Herf dec 7th--1st Post updated! Read please

Comments

• SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    greg2648:
    SleevePlz:
    MVW67:
    So a TRUCE is on correct for Herf??????????
    YES!!!! I don't need the pressure of planning bombs for 12+ people.
    I would say: No bombs and no hats for anybody......I will be bringing a few extra cigars that I may pass around for general smoking....I think that we should buy some cigars there....I may bring some liquor to pass around....In Illinois they cant serve liquor.....Last time we ordered some pizza.....They delivered it right to our table.....I would suggest the everybody bring something to drink (pop, beer ect)...You can bring your own cooler if you wish....Especially remember-----NO HATS.......Not even for me...lol.
    This just came in the mail yesterday. Wonder what I could do with it..... Untitled
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    SleevePlz:
    greg2648:
    SleevePlz:
    MVW67:
    I would say: No bombs and no hats for anybody......I will be bringing a few extra cigars that I may pass around for general smoking....I think that we should buy some cigars there....I may bring some liquor to pass around....In Illinois they cant serve liquor.....Last time we ordered some pizza.....They delivered it right to our table.....I would suggest the everybody bring something to drink (pop, beer ect)...You can bring your own cooler if you wish....Especially remember-----NO HATS.......Not even for me...lol.
    This just came in the mail yesterday. Wonder what I could do with it..... Untitled

Man, you guys always have all the fun. I'm jealous, he probably has already drooled all over his computer or phone Tony, lol. Good stuff for good people living good moments, enjoy fellas.

• TridentTrident Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,005
    greg2648:
    SleevePlz:
    MVW67:
    I will not be bombing anyone as the first post says. The hat is an entry fee...not a bomb. One lucky person that night will go home with all of them!
  • curtpickcurtpick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,600
    Sounds like a plan guys. And oh yes...hats.....buhahaha
  • Tyland64Tyland64 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 714
    So, lets get this straight. Yes to cigars,booze,food and of course hats and no to the man love stuff,ok I am down with that.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Bigshizza:
    curtpick:
    Bigshizza:
    curtpick:
    I am soooo tempted.
    Do it! I would if I could....
    Aw Jim. Was hoping you would make it. We could spoon together ! LOL
    You spoon me...I fork you!!
    Just found this early on in the posts..... Knew there was something funny bout y'all....
    Trident:
    greg2648:
    SleevePlz:
    MVW67:
    I will not be bombing anyone as the first post says. The hat is an entry fee...not a bomb. One lucky person that night will go home with all of them!
    Yes no bombs, I have a small thank you for the two people letting me crash in their room but that is proper etiquette where I come from, not bombing. That is all.
  • bearbbearb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,044
    Since we are clarifying a few things. Obviously this year will be unique and its own event, but there are some things that worked well and we wish to continue them. Anyway, I thought i would explain 'the pass' in one post so that people are prepared and informed AHEAD of time and are not caught flat-footed. 1. Wide variety of sticks
    2. Sticks of ALL price points.
    3. No yard gars, but everything from 'very good everyday cigars' to the much more elusives.
    4. ALL cigars exchanged in the pass WILL be smoked at the event...this is NOT a collecting opportunity.
    5. We will draw #'s to determine the order of the pass once we are @ Casa for the evening.
    6. The pass can go around as many times as deemed necessary, realizing how slow the actual process is.
    7. I am humbled by the opportunity and with great deference and respect I will be assembling 'the pass' on Friday night once i meet up with Roman in detroit.
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,533
    rules? what rules? it's a free for all, duck and cover, tuck and roll,
    LOL
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    LOL
    Someone attending this herf has a birthday that is very close to it. As of right now, i will keep to my RULES...but i will raise a glass with him in his honor!
    Trident:
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    LOL
    Someone attending this herf has a birthday that is very close to it. As of right now, i will keep to my RULES...but i will raise a glass with him in his honor!
    Heheheh I have a feeling this will all escalate quickly.... Never been much for rules myself, though I am trying to learn a bit. Just not sure how successful or not that will be hahaha
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,533
    90+ Irishman:
    Trident:
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    LOL
    Heheheh I have a feeling this will all escalate quickly.... Never been much for rules myself, though I am trying to learn a bit. Just not sure how successful or not that will be hahaha
    damn Brett, not only yourcoming out, but it's your B-Day? nice
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    90+ Irishman:
    Trident:
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    LOL
    It's going to be Brett's B-Day? Nice! I can work with that....
    SleevePlz:
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    90+ Irishman:
    Trident:
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    LOL
    Very F'ing funny Joe.... My bday ain't till the third fourth or maybe fifth month of next year... Joe's B-Day however....
    Roman can i add one of my protege's? A.Yakush aka Kush, i got him smoking but he has never been to a gathering or herf, figure it would be good for him to get out and enjoy a smokng group
  • jthanatosjthanatos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,563
    90+ Irishman:
    SleevePlz:
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    90+ Irishman:
    Trident:
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    LOL
    Very F'ing funny Joe.... My bday ain't till the third fourth or maybe fifth month of next year... Joe's B-Day however....
    So what you are saying is your birthday is

Holy sh1t that made me laugh hard haha!' But no my birthday isn't for another 9 months so it ain't me....
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    Roman can i add one of my protege's? A.Yakush aka Kush, i got him smoking but he has never been to a gathering or herf, figure it would be good for him to get out and enjoy a smokng group
    bring him
  • LeftOversLeftOvers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 152
    chicago is a great town
    Can I get a tentative headcount of those that are interested coming to Gibson's Steakhouse on Friday night so I can make any reservation changes if needed? Current time is 8:30 pm with a table for 8.
    I will be there James for Friday nights dinner and....

For those who care. I am bringing 3 Back Road Oatmeal Stout 6 packs and one 4 pack of the limited Porter from Millstream Brewery of Amana,IA. Drink as many or as few you like gents.
    curtpick:
    For those who care. I am bringing 3 Back Road Oatmeal Stout 6 packs and one 4 pack of the limited Porter from Millstream Brewery of Amana,IA. Drink as many or as few you like gents.
    Thanks Curt! I'm not checking a bag so I won't be bringing any libations with me but will pick up something for everyone to share as well when I arrive.
    90+ Irishman:
    curtpick:
    Thanks Curt! I'm not checking a bag so I won't be bringing any libations with me but will pick up something for everyone to share as well when I arrive.
    I am packing a box of tasty beverages and plan to add to it before the main event.
    jthanatos:
    90+ Irishman:
    curtpick:
    I am packing a box of tasty beverages and plan to add to it before the main event.
    We still hitting the Liquor Store when we get there JT ? Also, please text me your pickup time and place.
    curtpick:
    jthanatos:
    90+ Irishman:
    curtpick:
    We still hitting the Liquor Store when we get there JT ? Also, please text me your pickup time and place.
    I was planning on hitting at least one liquor store, if not a couple of places.
    jthanatos:
    curtpick:
    jthanatos:
    90+ Irishman:
    curtpick:
    I was planning on hitting at least one liquor store, if not a couple of places.
    Sounds real good !
    jthanatos:
    Can I get a tentative headcount of those that are interested coming to Gibson's Steakhouse on Friday night so I can make any reservation changes if needed? Current time is 8:30 pm with a table for 8.

Current list:
    Jthanatos
    Curt
    ThatIrishFellowWhoLikesToBeCalledBigDaddy.
    Bump
    jthanatos:
    jthanatos:

Current list:
    Jthanatos
    Curt
    ThatIrishFellowWhoLikesToBeCalledBigDaddy.
    Bump
    Lol.... I think this weekend is going to be one for the record books lol. James, I will get revenge my friend lol ;)