Home General Discussion

My 1000th post

Comments

• FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    laker1963:
    kuzi16:
    laker1963:
    for this little contest anyone who wishes to play will have to list five of there everyday smokes and just to keep things interesting the five selections can NOT exceed $25 in price.
    Oliva serie V Churchill 7.65
    Cigar.com Brazilian Label corona 2.50
    5 Vegas series A Anomaly 3.50
    Flor de Oliva Robusto 2.00
    AVO domaine No.10 9.20

$0.15 to spare

Well this thing wraps up tomorrow and I have put the prize together. I will post tommorow or Saturday who is the winner and let you know what's coming your way. Right now it's not too hard of a decision :)
    Then the Decade must be the winner! HA
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    Had to get this one in, as it will be the winner!

Cigar.com Corojo Robusto - $2.50
    Cusano 59 Rare Cameroon - $4.93
    Cusano LXI Habano SunGrown robusto - $4.93
    A. Fernandez Signature robusto - $6.00
    CAO MX-2 robusto - $6.50

$24.86 - leaves you enough to get a couple 5 cent bubble gums ...
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    Man, I just saw this... hope I'm not too late. Not that my selection is any better than anyone else's, but I have to try!

These are my daily smokes and I enjoy them all.
    1) 5 Vegas Relic - $5.25
    2) R y J Reserva Real Toro - $6.08
    3) Oliva O Robusto - $4.80
    4) Gurkha Park Avenue - $4.75
    5) Rocky Patel R4 Toro - $3.00

Total - $23.88. Enough left to get yourself a Wendy's double stack!
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Gurkha's Park Avenue - Torpedo - $4.75
    Joya de Nicaragua Antano - Consul - $6.15
    Nica Libre - Principe - $5.00
    5 Vegas Series 'A' - Artisan - $4.00
    Romeo y Julieta Habana Reserve - Corona - $4.50

Total is 24.40

Smoke on brotha!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    i think its funny that im the only one to have a cigar over $9 and a cigar over $7 and i can still respect every cigar in my linup. i was thinking La Vieja habana from drew estates but i decided for the 5 vegas instead...
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    kuzi16:
    i think its funny that im the only one to have a cigar over $9 and a cigar over $7 and i can still respect every cigar in my linup. i was thinking La Vieja habana from drew estates but i decided for the 5 vegas instead...
    I dont have the smoking experience you do. only been smoking different cigars for a little over a year now. Before that it was almost exclusively El Ray Del Mundo
    kuzi16:
    Kuz, I just noticed that you did that. Lakers rules state that no one cigar can exceed $7 thats why none of the rest of us have a cigar over $7.
    laker1963:
    I will change the $5 per stick rule to say that no one stick can exceed $7 but the total must stay the same $25.
    im not sure how i missed that line.... oh well....

im sticking with it even though it disqualifies me. i was more or less trying to be ridiculous, not so much win.

my original thought was to get the cheapest opus (i was hoping for $18) and all the rest in the $2 range....

of course id accept the win if it was given to me but i wouldnt ever expect it after breaking the rules.
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    I think you should have the winner send you the sampler they picked out for you in exchange for the prize cigars.
    kuzi16:

im sticking with it even though it disqualifies me. i was more or less trying to be ridiculous, not so much win.

my original thought was to get the cheapest opus (i was hoping for $18) and all the rest in the $2 range....

of course id accept the win if it was given to me but i wouldnt ever expect it after breaking the rules.
    Yea I actually went with sticks that I would actually buy if I needed to get 5 sticks, all of those would be in the running.
    Goldy:
    I think you should have the winner send you the sampler they picked out for you in exchange for the prize cigars.
    I'd be more than happy to drop this sampler on you doogie.
    madurofan:
    kuzi16:

Yea I actually went with sticks that I would actually buy if I needed to get 5 sticks, all of those would be in the running.
    i have nothing but respect for the sticks i chose.
    Is the Flor de Oliva really that good? I've never been a bundle guy.
    cholmes8310:
    Man, I just saw this... hope I'm not too late. Not that my selection is any better than anyone else's, but I have to try!

1) 5 Vegas Relic - $5.25

This is probably the winner right here. The cigars are quality AND the basturd threw in a double stack for good measure.
    madurofan:
    Is the Flor de Oliva really that good? I've never been a bundle guy.
    yea, i mean, i wouldnt buy a bundle of them but when i walk into my local B&M i will at least give them a good lookin at. i buy the singles in there fairly often.
    madurofan:
    cholmes8310:

1) 5 Vegas Relic - $5.25

This is probably the winner right here. The cigars are quality AND the basturd threw in a double stack for good measure.
    Yum yum. I do love a double stack... even better, a double stack followed by a Relic...

damn, now I gotta go to Wendys!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    PuroFreak:
    In the words of OJ, I guess I'll take a stab at this...

Don Pepin Blue Label Preferidos - $6.25
    Nica Libre Principe - $5.00
    Cabaiguan Petite Cabaiguan - $3.50
    Oliva Serie V Belicoso - $5.90
    Alec Bradley Maxx Nano - $4.00

Grand total of $24.65 and a nice selection of sticks if I do say so myself. Or you could go drop $24.00 on a big Opus in a B&M then buy ya 4 lil Swisher Sweets to total out around $25 for 5 cigars! haha
    I thought mine was pretty good. Not a bad smoke on the list and ones I could smoke everyday and be ok with.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    OK, so I have gone over the selections. GREAT picks everyone.
    I am having a little trouble with selecting one out of them, so I decided to change the rules again (can so... it's my contest:) )
    It actually came down to three choices, and since I could not decide on just one of them, I decided instead to rate them 1 - 3 and will send out a nice package for the winner and a couple smaller nice packages for the second and third place winners.
    There were a couple of bro's that were well over the stated limit for an individual stick. You know who you are, LOL so I needed something to thin out the choices so if your entry was "way over" the individual price listed then you got disqualified.

I also decided to look for some new selections rather then relying on some old favorites.
    There were three entries that I selected as winners, and I will send out something to each winner.
    So in first place I chose bbc020. A very nice selection of sticks I have heard of, and or researched before but have yet to try with the exception of the Oliva G, and they are one of my favorite's, so...
    Second place was the hard one, but I decided to go with PuroFreak. Again four of the five selections I have not tried before, and the Oliva V is another favorite of mine so it gets the nod.
    Third place goes to gmill880 and that is only because of one of his choices. I find myself not too in love with the Cameroon Wrappers and his selctions included one Cammy wrapper, and I needed something to decide between these choices and Puro's.
    Thanks to everyone who played. It was fun, AND I get to see what some of you guys call your everyday smokes and to try some new lines for me, so good deal !
    I will put together some packages for you guys and get them sent out sometime this week. I am waiting for a couple of orders which should be here right away, as there are a couple of sticks in there that I wanted to include in the prize. Now there are three prizes so I may have to break into my "personal stock" in order to round out these prize packages.
    So the winners are from first to third... bbc020, PuroFreak, and gmill880, THANKS GUYS!
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Congratulations bbc020 and PuroFreak and a big thank you to Laker for the contest !!!!! This really makes going to the mailbox a lot more fun !!!
    Yes Congrats to bbc020 and G-man and thanks Laker! That was pretty fun and gave some great ideas for budget friendly samplers.

I knew my Opus X and 4 Swisher Sweets would be in the top 3! lol
    PuroFreak:
    Yes Congrats to bbc020 and G-man and thanks Laker! That was pretty fun and gave some great ideas for budget friendly samplers.

Oh that's right. I forgot you had those listed as a back up.
    OK, so i'll only be awarding two prizes. LMAO

Just kidding Puro. But don't be surprised if something like that shows up in your package ;)
    laker1963:
    PuroFreak:

Oh that's right. I forgot you had those listed as a back up.
    OK, so i'll only be awarding two prizes. LMAO

Just kidding Puro. But don't be surprised if something like that shows up in your package ;)
    Mmm... SWISHERS??? AND IT'S NOT EVEN MY BIRTHDAY!!! WOW!
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Congrats to the winners. There are a few sticks that were listed that I want to try now, lol.
    alienmisprint:
    Congrats to the winners. There are a few sticks that were listed that I want to try now, lol.
    Oh yeah. PM me the list. I am still putting together that package for you rememeber?

You never know Puro may not get ALL of the swisher's... if that's what you meant :)
    laker1963:
    alienmisprint:
    Oh yeah. PM me the list. I am still putting together that package for you rememeber?

You never know Puro may not get ALL of the swisher's... if that's what you meant :)
    Hey come on now, I won those Swishers fair and square. Don't cheat me out of the good stuff!
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    Just checked this and have to give a mighty thanks to Laker for putting this contest together and choosing the selections I put forth...they are all sticks I love to smoke. Let me know if you need address information. and thanks again.

I'm going to have to put something like this together for my 1000th post.
    bbc020:
    Just checked this and have to give a mighty thanks to Laker for putting this contest together and choosing the selections I put forth...they are all sticks I love to smoke. Let me know if you need address information. and thanks again.

damn, I thought surely the double stack would put me over the top! haha.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Nice job to all!
    cholmes8310:
    bbc020:

damn, I thought surely the double stack would put me over the top! haha.
    NOPE! It was the Relic...

I've had two now and I just don't like the flavor profile of these sticks.eird, I know cause everyone seems to like them.