Home General Discussion

My 1000th post

laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
Well I see that I am only a couple of posts away from my 1000th.
So, just for something to do, I am going to think about a trivia question or something and run a small contest. The winner will get bags and bags of labels I have removed from the sticks I have smoked. :) No?
$hit, I thought I figured out a way to get rid of those things... I just can't throw them out !!
Seriously thou I will put together a nice package for the winner which may include a "hard to find" stick or two in it.
I can say for sure it will include a CAO America Anthem in the Coffin Box, and a couple of other forum fav's.
Now all I have to do is come up with something for a question. Hmmm.

Comments

• gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    laker1963:
    So, just for something to do, I am going to think about a trivia question or something and run a small contest. The winner will get bags and bags of labels I have removed from the sticks I have smoked. :) No?
    $hit, I thought I figured out a way to get rid of those things... I just can't throw them out !!
    Seriously thou I will put together a nice package for the winner which may include a "hard to find" stick or two in it.
    I can say for sure it will include a CAO America Anthem in the Coffin Box, and a couple of other forum fav's.

Too inticing ...now I'm hovering over my keyboard ...:)
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 728
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Congratulations Laker.. It's been fun hanging with you. Stick around with us "old timers", and edumacate these new guys.
  • jeff_connorsjeff_connors Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 483
    How many times have you read the cello on cello off question?>
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    jeff_connors:
    How many times have you read the cello on cello off question?>
    Waaay too many. If fact it was probably one of my first forum debates. That and how to season a humidor.
  • JdoraisJdorais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 653
    can anyone remind me how I'm supposed to season my humi ? hahaha
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Jdorais:
    /Slams own head into Table!!!! :P
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    Jdorais:
    Well you start by asking Alex to set one of the 500 "How to Season your Humi" threads as a sticky.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    laker1963:
    Well we're waiting ... Damn Canadiens, always a day late and a loonie short.
  • bigj51bigj51 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 52
    Jdorais:
    lol
  • 4bob44bob4 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 212
    laker1963:
    Tease...
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    Your at 1005 now! Oh the anticipation.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    Fourtotheflush:
    Yeah I know. This is why I don't partake of the Movie Trivia thread. I suck at trivia and any questions I came up with were so lame that I gave up.
    So instead I am thinking I will do something a little different for this one.
    I am interested in what other BOTL here like to smoke as "everyday" smokes. So... for this little contest anyone who wishes to play will have to list five of there everyday smokes and just to keep things interesting the five selections can NOT exceed $25 in price.
    that way the sticks will really be everyday smokes and not just a list of the usual high priced Fuente's and Graycliff's and such.
    Also because I purchase my sticks exclusively from C.Com all listed sticks must be something that I can purchase from them.
    that way I may (Very likely, I am a whore) purchase this "sampler" from C.com to enjoy myself.
    I should warn you here that I am looking for sticks which I am not familliar with, so Padilla's are out. I know their lines very well.
    I am hoping to find some new selections, not re-visit some old favorites.
    The winner will be the one who's selections seem the most appealing to me, and I will send out a little package with a half dozen or so sticks and at least a CAO AMERICA ANTHEM in the coffin box will be included. I will also include one of the new RP Dos Cappos barberpole, and a very tasty (for a Gurkha) Gurkha Barberpole.
    The others will remain secret for now.
    So that's it... my 1000th post contest. Hope it isn't as lame as some of the questions I thought of asking LMAO.
  • andrewhandrewh Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 97
    laker1963:
    Fourtotheflush:
    Yeah I know. This is why I don't partake of the Movie Trivia thread. I suck at trivia and any questions I came up with were so lame that I gave up.
    So instead I am thinking I will do something a little different for this one.
    I am interested in what other BOTL here like to smoke as "everyday" smokes. So... for this little contest anyone who wishes to play will have to list five of there everyday smokes and just to keep things interesting the five selections can NOT exceed $25 in price.
    that way the sticks will really be everyday smokes and not just a list of the usual high priced Fuente's and Graycliff's and such.
    Also because I purchase my sticks exclusively from C.Com all listed sticks must be something that I can purchase from them.
    that way I may (Very likely, I am a whore) purchase this "sampler" from C.com to enjoy myself.
    I should warn you here that I am looking for sticks which I am not familliar with, so Padilla's are out. I know their lines very well.
    I am hoping to find some new selections, not re-visit some old favorites.
    The winner will be the one who's selections seem the most appealing to me, and I will send out a little package with a half dozen or so sticks and at least a CAO AMERICA ANTHEM in the coffin box will be included. I will also include one of the new RP Dos Cappos barberpole, and a very tasty (for a Gurkha) Gurkha Barberpole.
    The others will remain secret for now.
    So that's it... my 1000th post contest. Hope it isn't as lame as some of the questions I thought of asking LMAO.
    Go with Rocky Patel Sun Grown. $5.60 Verdadero Organic $5.00 C.Com Brazilian label $2.68 Erin Go Bragh Robusto $5.00 Onyx Reserve Mini Belicoso $5.10 For the grand total of 23.38. And trust me I need these! I am down to my last cigar until next week!!!! Besides, as a new cigar enthusiast, getting cigars of such quality would be awesome! Notice the groveling lol.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Alright then my little north of the border buddy heres my list of recommends..
    1-La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero-Sumatra-Chiselito-- $6.00
    2-Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet Robusto-- $5.00
    3-La Vieja Habana-The Early Years- Wavelle Deluxe -- $5.00
    4-Cusano 59 Rare Cameroon Robusto -- $4.93
    5-La Herencia Cubana Robusto -- $ 4.00

All good quality smokes coming in at a total of $ 24.93
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    With your restrictions, here is what I would go with:

Cusano P1 Robusto, $2.86
    CAO Black Storm, $5.60
    Oliva Serie G Maduro Belicoso, $4.55
    5 Vegas A Archetype, $4.50
    La Aroma de Cuba Robusto, $5.35

Total: $22.86
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    Great contest Doug

I'd go with these....

Padron 3000............................$4.92 (undoubtedly one of Jozer's picks too)
    Oliva G Maduro Belicoso..............$4.55 (can't steer away from them)
    Punch Rare Corojo Rothschild......$4.20 (they keep getting better and better)
    Camacho Coyolar Puro Rothschild.$5.35 (Great cigar with all tobacco from the same farm)
    Tatuaje Havana VI Angeles.........$5.50 (worth the wait, they are currently on order for good reason)

Grand total.............................$24.52

I can't think of 5 better cigars for under $25
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    A. Fernandez signature robusto --------------------$6.00
    Flor de Oliva churchill ---------------------------------- $2.50 (cheap, but good)
    Oliva Serie G cameroon double robusto --------- $5.10
    Oliva Serie V belicosa ---------------------------------- $5.90
    Perdomo lot 23 toro ---------------------------------- $5.50

Total ------------------------------------------------------- $25 (<----how's that for hitting the mark??)
    Boy, some of these selections are GREAT!
    I guess I should do a tiny adjustment here looking at some of the entries.
    I will change the $5 per stick rule to say that no one stick can exceed $7 but the total must stay the same $25. This is due to several entries being above the $5 mark and when checking a little last night I found it would be pretty hard to put together 5 under $5 each without the possibility of there being at least one Dog Rocket in there.
    The only other rule is that this contest will close for entries on Friday of next week.
    Thanks for playin' guys.
    Ok,

RP Decade Torpedo - $11 MSRP - $5.50 (call CCOM)

AJ Fernandez Sig Robusto - $7 MSRP - $4 (Call Ccom)

MOW Ruination Robusto #1 or #2 - $10 MSRP - $5 (Call Ccom)

Oliva CT Reserve Toro - Robusto MSRP $5.90 - $4.90 Max $5 (Call Ccom)

Nub CT 460 - MSRP $5.80 - $5 max (Call Ccom)

Ive ordered all above at the called upon prices.

So total is $24.50
    Fourtotheflush:
    Ok,

RP Decade Torpedo - $11 MSRP - $5.50 (call CCOM) AJ Fernandez Sig Robusto - $7 MSRP - $4 (Call Ccom) MOW Ruination Robusto #1 or #2 - $10 MSRP - $5 (Call Ccom) Oliva CT Reserve Toro - Robusto MSRP $5.90 - $4.90 Max $5 (Call Ccom) Nub CT 460 - MSRP $5.80 - $5 max (Call Ccom) Ive ordered all above at the called upon prices. So total is $24.50

Boy are you pushin' it Four.
    While we all get deals when ordering from C.Com in the spirit of the game I was reffering to listed prices not the individual deals we each get. Also the Decade is NOT a listed stick.
    Nice list... but it can't be the winner, so if you want to try again go for it.
    Actually, there should be no problem with putting in more the one list. If anyone wanted to.
    laker1963:
    Fourtotheflush:
    Ok,

RP Decade Torpedo - $11 MSRP - $5.50 (call CCOM) AJ Fernandez Sig Robusto - $7 MSRP - $4 (Call Ccom) MOW Ruination Robusto #1 or #2 - $10 MSRP - $5 (Call Ccom) Oliva CT Reserve Toro - Robusto MSRP $5.90 - $4.90 Max $5 (Call Ccom) Nub CT 460 - MSRP $5.80 - $5 max (Call Ccom) Ive ordered all above at the called upon prices. So total is $24.50

Boy are you pushin' it Four.
    While we all get deals when ordering from C.Com in the spirit of the game I was reffering to listed prices not the individual deals we each get. Also the Decade is NOT a listed stick.
    Nice list... but it can't be the winner, so if you want to try again go for it.
    Actually, there should be no problem with putting in more the one list. If anyone wanted to.
    Dang - I was hoping to get that one by the goalkeeper....OK, Ill go back to MSRP's
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    In the words of OJ, I guess I'll take a stab at this...

Don Pepin Blue Label Preferidos - $6.25
    Nica Libre Principe - $5.00
    Cabaiguan Petite Cabaiguan - $3.50
    Oliva Serie V Belicoso - $5.90
    Alec Bradley Maxx Nano - $4.00

Grand total of $24.65 and a nice selection of sticks if I do say so myself. Or you could go drop $24.00 on a big Opus in a B&M then buy ya 4 lil Swisher Sweets to total out around $25 for 5 cigars! haha
    Here is my secondary list. Ok,

AJ Fernandez Sig Robusto - $6

Oliva CT Reserve Toro - Robusto MSRP $5.90 br>
    Nub CT 354 - MSRP $5.05

Ghurka Park Ave Torpedo $4.75

Aaarg, I cannot find a cigar I smoke for $3.30 boy this is challenging.

Ill have to go with a RP R4

I am going to bow out of this challenge as I cannot say I fully support the 5 stick above as great smokes. Give me back the decade and drop the R4 and the Park Ave
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    Here is my list

Henry Clay brevas (5.5 x 42) - $3.93

Carlos Toranno Silver Exodus 1959 Corona Grande (6 x 46) - $6.85

Onyx Reserve Toro (6 x 50) - $5.10

Romeo y Julieta Viejo R (5 x 54) - $6.25

Ccom Cuban Label Corona (6.5 x 42) - $2.50

Grand Total of 24.63
    Man this thing looks like it'll be an easy one.
    Right now it looks like Puro has it with the Opus X, and the Swishers. LOL
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    laker1963:
    Man this thing looks like it'll be an easy one.
    Right now it looks like Puro has it with the Opus X, and the Swishers. LOL
    HAHA Damn right! I enjoy the finer things in life.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    laker1963:
    for this little contest anyone who wishes to play will have to list five of there everyday smokes and just to keep things interesting the five selections can NOT exceed $25 in price.
    Oliva serie V Churchill 7.65
    Cigar.com Brazilian Label corona 2.50
    5 Vegas series A Anomaly 3.50
    Flor de Oliva Robusto 2.00
    AVO domaine No.10 9.20

$0.15 to spare

kuzi16:
    laker1963:
    for this little contest anyone who wishes to play will have to list five of there everyday smokes and just to keep things interesting the five selections can NOT exceed $25 in price.
    Oliva serie V Churchill 7.65
    Cigar.com Brazilian Label corona 2.50
    5 Vegas series A Anomaly 3.50
    Flor de Oliva Robusto 2.00
    AVO domaine No.10 9.20

$0.15 to spare

Well this thing wraps up tomorrow and I have put the prize together. I will post tommorow or Saturday who is the winner and let you know what's coming your way. Right now it's not too hard of a decision :)