Home General Discussion

The Bet

Comments

• KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Well it has come down to the last 3 days of my bet with the wife. I told her I'd be ordering my boxes on Friday ;) And I shall celebrate my win with a nice San Lotano Oval and a nice glass of Johnnie Walker Double Black.
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    Krieg:
    Well it has come down to the last 3 days of my bet with the wife. I told her I'd be ordering my boxes on Friday ;) And I shall celebrate my win with a nice San Lotano Oval and a nice glass of Johnnie Walker Double Black.
    Way to go! Stay strong these last couple of days and enjoy your celebration...next time see if she'll bet you to give up alcohol for a couple of months and see what your reward might be.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    Martel:
    Krieg:
    Way to go! Stay strong these last couple of days and enjoy your celebration...next time see if she'll bet you to give up alcohol for a couple of months and see what your reward might be.
    that would be killer.....no way i could handle that.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    brianetz1:
    Martel:
    Krieg:
    that would be killer.....no way i could handle that.
    Life's too short...unacceptable!
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    Krieg:
    And I shall celebrate my win with a nice San Lotano Oval and a nice glass of Johnnie Walker Double Black.
    mmmmmmmmmmm
  • Poker SlobPoker Slob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 996
    Congrats Chris! We all knew you could do it! Keep us posted on the boxes you decide to order.
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,077
    Krieg:
    Nice! Hope you get boxes of the ones you've always wanted to get!
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    Very cool, can't wait to see what you decide on!
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    Good job brother...cant wait to see the boxes.
    Well I just lit up my first cigar in two months. flor de las antillas, damn good cigar. Man...I missed my stogies.
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    Krieg:
    Well I just lit up my first cigar in two months. flor de las antillas, damn good cigar. Man...I missed my stogies.
    Great choice to get ya back in the game!
    Krieg:
    Welcome back!
    Thanks guys...That cigar made me light headed yesterday, LOL.
  • nickiamnickiam Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 603
    welcome back! what did you end up ordering
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    Congrats on staying strong! I would have fallen of the wagon way too soon, lol! Keep us posted on what the final verdict is =D
    nickiam:
    welcome back! what did you end up ordering
    Still trying to decide, lol. I think im def leaning towards a box of antillas, but ccom still doesn't have any...might have to go to my B&m. As for the other box...I have no idea yet. I did buy a pipe yesterday and tried it out. Loved it.
    PM to you Chris.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,807
    Krieg:
    Have you tried Aberlour? Marker suggested the Aberlour 12 a few months ago so I asked my wife to grab a bottle for me. She came in with the 16 year and it was love at first sip!
  • Poker SlobPoker Slob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 996
    How about Rip's review on the H Upmann EL '09 48. That is going to be my next box purchase. They are still available, so get one while you can.
    For those of you have been following this thread, I will be posting pics of the two boxes I bought this week. I just bought my second box yesterday from the beard. I should have a contest for someone who guesses the box I bought, but since I'm so damn busy I wouldnt trust myself on sending out the winnings in a timely fashion. But feel free to guess....here is a hint...my 2nd box cost $225.... ;) that's pretty vague....but this is a huge hint....they're maduros.
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    Krieg:
    For those of you have been following this thread, I will be posting pics of the two boxes I bought this week. I just bought my second box yesterday from the beard. I should have a contest for someone who guesses the box I bought, but since I'm so damn busy I wouldnt trust myself on sending out the winnings in a timely fashion. But feel free to guess....here is a hint...my 2nd box cost $225.... ;) that's pretty vague....but this is a huge hint....they're maduros.
    Well done on staying strong! I'd guess the Camacho Triple Maddys
    Box of Undercrowns.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    How about a box of My Father Le Bijou 1922....
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    Oh man... Id go with boxes of brown label Tat's for BOTH boxes!! Or some cc's like monte especials (the lancero size). Enjoy your winnings, dude! Now all your sticks have a little more rest too! Time to burn em!
    no right guesses yet ;)
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
  • bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    WOAM? Congrats on winning the bet.
    My Father le Bijou 1922
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Bigshizza:
    MF LE 2012
    Actually thought about this one....almost picked this for my 2nd box.