Home General Discussion

The Bet

KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
Starting back on Jan. 1 my wife made a bet with me. She said that I couldn't go an the entire month without smoking a single cigar. If I win, I get to purchase a box of cigars. Considering the month of January is one of the coldest months of the year here in GA, should be a piece of cake. So far so good, no cigars. Wish me luck my fellow BORKs.

Comments

• ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    good luck! Any limitations on the box purchase? what are you going to get?
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    ddubridge:
    good luck! Any limitations on the box purchase? what are you going to get?
    I just bought a box of San Lotano Ovals and Connecticuts....so I haven't decided yet...still have a few weeks to make up my mind...I would love some suggestions.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Flor de las Antillas
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    If she didnt put restrictions on it...the ideas are limitless
    the man o war chest is a "box"
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    That's an easy win.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    stephen_hannibal:
    Flor de las Antillas

+ 10
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    definitely wish you luck brother.if you need to remove the temptation im sure anyone of us would be willing to "hold" your cigars for you,you know just to help.lol..but seriuosoly good luck.maybe look into some of the fuente masterpices.beleive they only releases these in the winter.
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    jlmarta:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Flor de las Antillas

+ 10
    i agree!! love em!
  • Poker SlobPoker Slob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 996
    PM to you sir.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    You got this bro....easy....Behike's afterwards LOL
  • Dark RoastDark Roast Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 463
    Good luck! Should be a piece of cake. Buy em and age em for a few months to enjoy on that back deck of yours!
  • jeep edsonjeep edson Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 826
    agree with the behikes.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Man I wish my wife would make that bet! You'll crush it brother. Antilles is a very good choice.
    ENFIDL:
    Man I wish my wife would make that bet! You'll crush it brother. Antilles is a very good choice.
    E! Really! In your line of business there is no way you could go a month without gnawing on a stick! lol
    Dark Roast:
    ENFIDL:
    E! Really! In your line of business there is no way you could go a month without gnawing on a stick! lol
    Bro I totally could. I'd just tell shops that I had to extinguish a fire with my mouth to save a baby panda from a wildfire...
    ENFIDL:
    Dark Roast:
    ENFIDL:
    Bro I totally could. I'd just tell shops that I had to extinguish a fire with my mouth to save a baby panda from a wildfire...
    Ok! Didn't envision you as the environmentalist/save the Panda type...anything to win a bet! Especially when there is a box of stogies at stake. lol
    Dark Roast:
    ENFIDL:
    Dark Roast:
    ENFIDL:
    Ok! Didn't envision you as the environmentalist/save the Panda type...anything to win a bet! Especially when there is a box of stogies at stake. lol
    Exactly! I'd totally go all out for it. Hell look what I do for nothing imagine when a prize is involved lol
    kuzi16:
    That's an easy win.
    that is exactly what I said her...she didn't believe me.
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    stephen_hannibal:
    Flor de las Antillas
    YEP!!!
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Good luck man!!!!!! I'd go with the opus charity box!! A lot of unique sizes ill never see lol
    smoke em if you got em:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Flor de las Antillas
    YEP!!!
    they're really that good? Or are you guys saying that cuz of CA.... ;)
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    Krieg:
    smoke em if you got em:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Flor de las Antillas
    YEP!!!
    Really that good...long before the CA stuff came out. I ordered a 5pk back in May and the 2 that I have had are amazing...still have 2 in the humi chillin and gave one to Stephen and he enjoyed it as well.
    smoke em if you got em:
    Krieg:
    smoke em if you got em:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Flor de las Antillas
    YEP!!!
    Really that good...long before the CA stuff came out. I ordered a 5pk back in May and the 2 that I have had are amazing...still have 2 in the humi chillin and gave one to Stephen and he enjoyed it as well.
    The Iceman turned me onto it and it really is fantastic. That was back during the summer
    Hey E. I have a double banded MOW from long ago sitting in my humi. I bet you cannot go four days without smoking a cigar. If you can, its yours. If not you can send me a medium bodied/full flavor stick of your choice. I am on the "good traders list" and will take you at your word whether you did or not. Bet?
    Dark Roast:
    Hey E. I have a double banded MOW from long ago sitting in my humi. I bet you cannot go four days without smoking a cigar. If you can, its yours. If not you can send me a medium bodied/full flavor stick of your choice. I am on the "good traders list" and will take you at your word whether you did or not. Bet?
    how about PMing next time instead of hijacking a thread?
    Sorry I thought threads could go in many directions. I retract my bet. and GFY.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Hey Chris.. Good luck on that bet.. And check your Pms when you get a second
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Krieg:
    Dark Roast:
    how about PMing next time instead of hijacking a thread?
    This got awkward..Congrats on the bet, Chris.PM, Dark Roast.
    Only 11 more days to go....BUT...today is a bright sunny day (finally, been raining for the last 7 days), my team is in the NFC championship game today and it willbe 60+ degrees outside....I'd have to say if I can make it through today, I can make it to the end.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Stay strong there.. It will pay off in the long run.