Home General Discussion

Forum Blend Finalization

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    beatnic:
    Rhamlin:
    phobicsquirrel:
    I want more than a 5er this time, the other 5 went by quick.
    huh? What other 5 ? I hadn't heard they were out yet.
    They did this a few years back.
    yeah it was a while back
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Alex Svenson:
    Guys, as a heads up, these are in production. As a first step I ordered 50 5 packs in 6 x 50 size. I think we should smoke and gather comments. If we like it we can move to a larger production of the other sizes and maybe even do some packaging!! I hope they will be in, in about 60 days. Because of the limited number, there will be a limit of one 5 pack per person. I got AJ to get us a discount since these are samples so they will be $20 per pack. I will announce their arrival here and with that, you can place your orders with the reps. Final blend is below. I spent some time on this with my notes and think this will get us the desired body and balance based on the tobacos selected.

Wrapper: Sumatra Ecuador Oscuro (7th cut)
    Binder: San Andres Mexico
    Filler 1: 35% Habano Esteli Ligero
    Filler 2: 35% Habano Condega Ligero
    Filler 3: 20% Habano Jalapa Viso
    Filler 4: 10% Habano Ometepe Seco
    I know I'm damn late to the party, but I'm wondering if someone with a better palate can tell me how this is gonna shake out? All that ligero, sheesh, I'm worried we're creating a mini-punisher
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    xmacro:
    Alex Svenson:
    Guys, as a heads up, these are in production. As a first step I ordered 50 5 packs in 6 x 50 size. I think we should smoke and gather comments. If we like it we can move to a larger production of the other sizes and maybe even do some packaging!! I hope they will be in, in about 60 days. Because of the limited number, there will be a limit of one 5 pack per person. I got AJ to get us a discount since these are samples so they will be $20 per pack. I will announce their arrival here and with that, you can place your orders with the reps. Final blend is below. I spent some time on this with my notes and think this will get us the desired body and balance based on the tobacos selected.

I know I'm damn late to the party, but I'm wondering if someone with a better palate can tell me how this is gonna shake out? All that ligero, sheesh, I'm worried we're creating a mini-punisher
    Great question - I was wondering the same. With 70% of the filler ligero, is this thing going to be a heavy, heavy hitter? How much does the 30% viso/seco filler (and binder/wrapper too I guess) bring the body down from full?
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Ligero can depend where on the plant it grows as well as far as strength and strength vs flavor. Oliva Series V for instance is full bodied, and 100% Ligero. Cain is 100% and VERY full bodied, so it just depends on the blend. My guess is with the San Andreas and Mexican "outers" with some non ligero filler as well, we should have a pretty balanced stick on the fuller side of medium bodied.
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    The inticipation is killing me. Very exciting news...
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    Heavy:
    xmacro:
    Alex Svenson:

Great question - I was wondering the same. With 70% of the filler ligero, is this thing going to be a heavy, heavy hitter? How much does the 30% viso/seco filler (and binder/wrapper too I guess) bring the body down from full?
    I've kind of wondered as well. Sure sounds good, a lot of great tobaccos in there. I think about a comparison to building motorcycle engines, though, folks will sometimes buy all great parts, put together a motor, and it just doesn't work together. I have faith in our team, though, and look forward to finding out. :D
  • raisindotraisindot Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 936
    Alex Svenson:

Aww, man, just when I'm trying to reduce my inventory I'm gonna have to jump right in. If this gets to full production, maybe there could be a contest here giving us the opportunity to come up with a formal name ("Forum Blend" isn't bad, but I bet we could collectively come up with something better.
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    Vulchor:
    Ligero can depend where on the plant it grows as well as far as strength and strength vs flavor. Oliva Series V for instance is full bodied, and 100% Ligero. Cain is 100% and VERY full bodied, so it just depends on the blend. My guess is with the San Andreas and Mexican "outers" with some non ligero filler as well, we should have a pretty balanced stick on the fuller side of medium bodied.
    Thanks man. I was guessing the non-ligero tobaccos would keep it less than full-full, but honestly don't reallly have a clue. I think this will be great and am really looking forward to it.
    Alex Svenson:
    Cigars made and napping in the cold room at the factory. Still on pace cone end of Q1 beginning of Q2
    Bumping this thread since we're getting close to the date :)
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    xmacro:
    Alex Svenson:
    Cigars made and napping in the cold room at the factory. Still on pace cone end of Q1 beginning of Q2
    Bumping this thread since we're getting close to the date :)
    can we pre-order yet?
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    I want! This is sounding fun.
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    I am in nica all week next week and will see if they are ready.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    I can wait. Enjoy your time in Nica.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
  • curtpickcurtpick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,600
    Vulchor:
    bump.
    bumper
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Oh man, they are doing another forum blend? Is there another thread for any info on this? Are they doing the sale of them the same as last time?
    alienmisprint:
    Oh man, they are doing another forum blend? Is there another thread for any info on this? Are they doing the sale of them the same as last time?
    I can't remember specifics and I didn't search but I think it was a 5 pack with different sizes as a sampler at first. Then once we vote on size then it will be produced in that size. 1 sampler per person and I forget the blend except we were using a Ligero Sumatra wrapper.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Alex Svenson:

Just bumping the info for those late to the party...
    Ken Light:
    Alex Svenson:

Just bumping the info for those late to the party...
    You're good!
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    Damn. This sound delicious. I still have one each of the original Forum blend.

Svenson, you better keep us up to date!
    There was a more recent update that said they were rolled and resting a while ago, FWIW. I just bumped that post for blend info.
    Come to think of it, didn't Alex say he would check in on them during his trip to Nicaragua a week or two ago?
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    That's awesome, I'm definitely in on a sampler. I still have one each of the last forum blends, I really wish the maduros from that run had gone on to production.
    Alex Svenson:
    I am in nica all week next week and will see if they are ready.
    3/13. Hope they were OK!
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    I'm assuming the last forum blend was just a short run blend since I've never seen anything mentioned on them before. Or did they go into production under a different name. It would be interesting to see what the old timers here came up with.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Rhamlin:
    I'm assuming the last forum blend was just a short run blend since I've never seen anything mentioned on them before. Or did they go into production under a different name. It would be interesting to see what the old timers here came up with.
    the onld one was just a short run for us here on the forum. just like this one will be for this forum. i have a few of the old forum blend left. im looking forward to this one as well. its not the blend i woulda voted for had i voted but i am still very much interested in buying this blend.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Hopefully there will be a new thread with updated info on when we can order.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    kuzi16:
    Rhamlin:
    the onld one was just a short run for us here on the forum. just like this one will be for this forum. i have a few of the old forum blend left. im looking forward to this one as well. its not the blend i woulda voted for had i voted but i am still very much interested in buying this blend.
    We still need to have a virtual herf with everyone that has one of the original forum blends available.