Home General Discussion

Fellow BOTL and SOTL***Buyer, trader, seller, beware...Aeon Spiral

Comments

• 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    robertgreen30:
    90+ Irishman:
    This is a difficult and quite sensitive issue for many members here, but I believe that Dustin has said it best... let's get back to smoking brothers and sisters. This was posted to help those unaware of a poor situation, not to become a point to argue and bicker about. We have all been through and seen the ups and downs on here, lets not let this become a larger let down that it needs to be, and most importantly HOLD TOGETHER so that we may all still be the strong, kind, and TOLERANT community that we have worked so hard to become. I will argue with no one and hope that the time I have spent here has proven my dedication to not just making this a better place for us all, but to be kind and tolerant even when things look dark. Dustin, Jason, and everyone else involved... thank you for the troubles and work you all went through for this and lets let it go and head back to smoke some killer cigars ;) Ryan, best of luck and better wishes in the future... please take this as a learning opportunity and do not repeat these mistakes again.
    AM. Brother
    Was this a typo meaning PM? Or were you just saying amen brother? No PM in my inbox so I'll assume the later, sorry!
  • robertgreen30robertgreen30 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,922
    90+ Irishman:
    robertgreen30:
    90+ Irishman:
    This is a difficult and quite sensitive issue for many members here, but I believe that Dustin has said it best... let's get back to smoking brothers and sisters. This was posted to help those unaware of a poor situation, not to become a point to argue and bicker about. We have all been through and seen the ups and downs on here, lets not let this become a larger let down that it needs to be, and most importantly HOLD TOGETHER so that we may all still be the strong, kind, and TOLERANT community that we have worked so hard to become. I will argue with no one and hope that the time I have spent here has proven my dedication to not just making this a better place for us all, but to be kind and tolerant even when things look dark. Dustin, Jason, and everyone else involved... thank you for the troubles and work you all went through for this and lets let it go and head back to smoke some killer cigars ;) Ryan, best of luck and better wishes in the future... please take this as a learning opportunity and do not repeat these mistakes again.
    AM. Brother
    Was this a typo meaning PM? Or were you just saying amen brother? No PM in my inbox so I'll assume the later, sorry!
    LOL Amen Brother
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    I was approached by him on June 9th. This is a reason why I do not want to be part of any kind of trading, pass what so ever. This kind of things make me sick. I am also glad I did not get into this stupid matter. In fact, he approached me to join him to bomb Catfish. Thanks for letting us know. I hope he gently leave this forum.
    interpim:
    Smokindaddy:
    With exception to the members that are being kept private, I hope any other members that have been burned by aeon(Ryan) will come forward so all of the forum members can see how much damage this guy did.

Wow... Aeon hit me up in a PM asking for help to bomb someone... I'm glad I didn't get into it. Thanks for the heads up.
  • SmokindaddySmokindaddy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,107
    90+ Irishman:
    Nicely said Brett!
  • Medic45Medic45 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,886
    Smokindaddy:
    90+ Irishman:
    Nicely said Brett!
    ***1Million..
  • Medic45Medic45 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,886
    Smokindaddy:
    90+ Irishman:
    Nicely said Brett!
    ***1Million..
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 771
    90+ Irishman:
    Brett I couldn't have said it better and this really makes me feel bad that it had to come to this. I really hope it resolves itself and I hope we can get back to buisness.
  • VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    90+ Irishman:

I am still getting over the fact that Irishman said ..... Let's get back to smoking brothers and sister.......... But I am an only child.
  • lukemcklukemck Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 45
    Smokindaddy:
    lukemck:
    aeon leaving the boards isn't something that would strengthen the community(he should however not participate in trades if he can't complete his end of things in a timely manner).. I obviously don't know the full story, but I believe what he's said so far in this thread.. Seems to be a deal that has just gone very poorly as opposed to an actual scam..

my .02
    It goes much deeper, it's easy to read his side and feel sympathetic. I feel bad for the guy. But to jump in and say you believe him without wanting to know exactly what he did that led to this is a little smack to the face of the people who were burned. Multiple people were taken by him, are they all wrong? The evidence I've says they are not. Also the money was the icing on the cake, there were several things before that. This forum isn't full of A holes looking to kick people off, he did this to himself.

taking the chance that you might respond back with "I don't care". I hope the next person that wants to post saying they believe aeon will seek out the full story through PM before taking his situation to heart.
    I don't see how not wanting to get involved in a bunch of drama that doesn't involve me is a slap in the face to those in it.. I'm sorry to anyone who feels I'm disrespecting you due to not wanting to hear the full story.. With that said, what I was saying, in the OP, it claims that he took someone for $55, then a few more people for some money.. His response was that the first batch of money was a gift for his unborn son(one whom he is claiming might not make it, which would be a pretty crappy thing to lie about) and he also mentioned that he did pay back the people that he wronged(again, I'm assuming he wasn't lying since no one has denied that yet).. I simply said that I think he handled the situation very very poorly.. I don't think he set out to scam people out of sticks/money(but I don't know the guy so who knows), just going off my gut feeling based on his responses..

He has a thousand posts in a month, he's obviously a part of the community.. I don't think exiling him from this "island" is the only option, I think he should be able to work his way back into good graces if it's something he wants.. He should however stop participating in bombs/passes/trades/etc until he gets his life sorted out
    lukemck:
    Smokindaddy:
    lukemck:
    aeon leaving the boards isn't something that would strengthen the community(he should however not participate in trades if he can't complete his end of things in a timely manner).. I obviously don't know the full story, but I believe what he's said so far in this thread.. Seems to be a deal that has just gone very poorly as opposed to an actual scam..

my .02
    It goes much deeper, it's easy to read his side and feel sympathetic. I feel bad for the guy. But to jump in and say you believe him without wanting to know exactly what he did that led to this is a little smack to the face of the people who were burned. Multiple people were taken by him, are they all wrong? The evidence I've says they are not. Also the money was the icing on the cake, there were several things before that. This forum isn't full of A holes looking to kick people off, he did this to himself.

taking the chance that you might respond back with "I don't care". I hope the next person that wants to post saying they believe aeon will seek out the full story through PM before taking his situation to heart.
    I don't see how not wanting to get involved in a bunch of drama that doesn't involve me is a slap in the face to those in it.. I'm sorry to anyone who feels I'm disrespecting you due to not wanting to hear the full story.. With that said, what I was saying, in the OP, it claims that he took someone for $55, then a few more people for some money.. His response was that the first batch of money was a gift for his unborn son(one whom he is claiming might not make it, which would be a pretty crappy thing to lie about) and he also mentioned that he did pay back the people that he wronged(again, I'm assuming he wasn't lying since no one has denied that yet).. I simply said that I think he handled the situation very very poorly.. I don't think he set out to scam people out of sticks/money(but I don't know the guy so who knows), just going off my gut feeling based on his responses..

He has a thousand posts in a month, he's obviously a part of the community.. I don't think exiling him from this "island" is the only option, I think he should be able to work his way back into good graces if it's something he wants.. He should however stop participating in bombs/passes/trades/etc until he gets his life sorted out
    I guess we can agree to disagree. However I do agree with the other members in saying thats it's deffenitly time to get back to smoking, and to bury the hatchet we should hook up a 5 stick blind trade between us. What do you say?
    I love the 5 for 5 but a few days out for shipping.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Guys if you're gonna call someone out then present all the evidence....I get trying to do it peacefully but at the end of the day if you call someone out on here then state all the facts...
    Irishman still told me to smoke my brother and sister..... My parents told me I was an only child.... Are you guys hiding something from me?
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    It looks like you guys are working this out by yourselves. Catfish, you handled this respectfully. Its' not a Ccom matter. Aeon, its' about trust and your word. These collections for troops? Always a shaky matter. If you say you're gonna send them, send them. On your dime. Geez, at 4 and 5 a stick, whats 10 or 20 to send them. Search JoeyJoe. This has happened before. Be cool brothers.
    What we really need is a Covert Bombing run on a silly, unexpecting vet. YEA! That will teach them a lesson. Make me dress up in womens clothing will ya....... YA....... YA
    Vision:
    What we really need is a Covert Bombing run on a silly, unexpecting vet. YEA! That will teach them a lesson. Make me dress up in womens clothing will ya....... YA....... YA
    Did Juinn just hack your account? LOL
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Smokindaddy:
    Vision:
    LMAO,thats funny,,,,,,
    The Kid:
    Smokindaddy:
    Vision:
    LMAO,thats funny,,,,,,

Iwould laugh to but this red ball and leather strap in my mouth is making it difficult.
  • robertgreen30robertgreen30 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,922
    Vision:
    Did you have a drink tonight?
    NO I WISH! Lots of candy tho.. Check the What You Got Today thread...... JEAH!
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Direwolf:
    The Kid:
    Direwolf:
    jgibv:
    catfishbluezz:
    Let's get back to smoking people...that's waht this is all about. Lesson learned, if you can't send out your end of a trade/pass/bomb...don't get involved.
    BIG. ++1 to this.
    That's the reason I dropped out of the east coast/wrong coast war.was having some trouble and didn't wanna screw someone. Now all I can say is I HATE SQUASH
    Wrong coast??,,,huh,,,,,interesting,,,,anything else youd like to say???/hmmmm..lol
    Hell yeah! BEETS SUCK TOO
    Lmao +1 beets suck
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Vision:
    The Kid:
    Smokindaddy:
    Vision:
    LMAO,thats funny,,,,,,

Iwould laugh to but this red ball and leather strap in my mouth is making it difficult.
    Whaddya call balls on your chin....?
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    Vision:

Pete, there's probably a reason that candy was so cheap...
    90+ Irishman:
    Vision:
    The Kid:
    Smokindaddy:
    Vision:
    LMAO,thats funny,,,,,,

Whaddya call balls on your chin....?

A good day on the forums?
    Toombes:
    Vision:

Meh... It'll just give me the squirts thats all.
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    Vision:
    Toombes:
    Vision:

Meh... It'll just give me the squirts thats all.

Yup, TMI...
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    Dustin, THANK YOU for stepping up and speaking out on the behalf of the BOTL on this forum. You have done us all a service by making us aware of this situation, and the potential for a sour deal if we would have gone into an agreement with Ryan unknowingly.

This is a shitty situation, but was handled in an appropriate manner. Looking out for each other is what keeps this type of thing so rare on our forum. Let's keep it that way.

Ryan, best of luck to you.
  • lukemcklukemck Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 45
    Smokindaddy:
    and to bury the hatchet we should hook up a 5 stick blind trade between us. What do you say?
    I'm down for sure but my humidor is currently empty(sans the two UZIs I'm saving).. It will be next week at the soonest before I can get to the B&M and pick up 5 to send you
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    I find some of this funny... Throw it all out there huh??? Well...his stor doesn't include the fact that he had been called out for weeks via PM and did not make amends until we threatened this.... Funny how that happens... And if this was not enough, then I guess I just have a problem with people knowingly defrauding members. What the fvck else do you want? Excuses came after the fact...you get 9 lives at ccom, he died all 9 times before he asked for forgiveness.... Hard times he says? Why dont you guys do a simple search through his posts from may 23-June 8.... Then tell me if his sob story matches. I'm done here... There is plenty...my bad for helping... Th people scammed here aren't complaining one bit...
  • jasonusa1jasonusa1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 729
    catfishbluezz:
    Th people scammed here aren't complaining one bit...
    Who would know if they were? They're all remaining anonymous.