Home General Discussion

AJ Fernandez Seconds are Back! FYI

Comments

• big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    I put an order in for the Toro Gordo's
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    Mine came in today (ill get a pic or two up soon) they are 4.5 X high fifties rg. I put them next to a couple of diesel shorties, but it seems like they are a tad bit narrower and the wrapper looks darker.
    And the Pictures-

Side by side with the Shorty, the flash messed it up, but they are darker, and less tan looking...

the sticker on the bottom of the packaging
  • robertgreen30robertgreen30 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,922
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    taythegibs:
    And the Pictures-

Side by side with the Shorty, the flash messed it up, but they are darker, and less tan looking...

How does the smell of the overruns and shortys compare??? They certainly look similar and that would be my guess ... Because in the pics they look nearly identical but I've got no idea on what other blends AJ might have in that size.
    jgibv:
    taythegibs:
    And the Pictures-

How does the smell of the overruns and shortys compare??? They certainly look similar and that would be my guess ... Because in the pics they look nearly identical but I've got no idea on what other blends AJ might have in that size.
    i cant say, my allergies are acting up from yard work and mowing. Ill try for some better pictures tonight.
  • Churchill83Churchill83 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 80
    I love all of AJ blends I have to get a bundle!
    Churchill83:
    I love all of AJ blends I have to get a bundle!
    You should definity get a bundle, its the best buy for your money and they are so fn good, I got the toros and now I want the robustos.
    I caved to peer pressure and got the robustos...

They're box-pressed - 42(?) x 4.5
    Going to remeasure when I got home though, because I've searched through some of the AJ blends on here (Ave Maria, SL, LHC Core) and can't find any that match that size. (Also since when was 42x4.5 considered a robusto? shouldn't that be a petit robusto or corona?)
    Anyways, here's a couple pics....anybody have a guess on what they are?

• Tuna Tar TarTuna Tar Tar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 12
    jgibv:

Going to remeasure when I got home though, because I've searched through some of the AJ blends on here (Ave Maria, SL, LHC Core) and can't find any that match that size. (Also since when was 42x4.5 considered a robusto? shouldn't that be a petit robusto or corona?)

I bought the petite corona's and got the same thing. I am pretty sure that they are nica libre principe's.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    Tuna Tar Tar:
    jgibv:

I bought the petite corona's and got the same thing. I am pretty sure that they are nica libre principe's.
    Hmmm, seems like I had a Core in petite corona, but if you already checked that one, then no idea here!
    Tuna Tar Tar:
    Never realized the Nica Libre was an AJ blend.... I think I have 1 at home and will compare the 2 cigars when I get back after work. I looked up some Nica Libre pics on here, and the wrappers on them definitely look similar. I'm guessing this might be it, thanks for the suggestion.
    mmccartneydc:
    Hmmm, seems like I had a Core in petite corona, but if you already checked that one, then no idea here!
    And yeah, I've had the Core in a corona/petit corona before (it was on a DD AJ sampler a while back)...and I'm 99% sure the two are not the same - I thought the corona Core I smoked was smaller than this, but maybe not. But I'll dig through the humi for this when I get home, I think I have 1 Core left and will compare the two if I still have it.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    My mazzo of robustos are LHC Oscuro Fuerte ( 5.5 - 54)
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    Have the same as Taylor, 4.5 x 58 any clues, think the 6.0 x 52 are either morrow Castle, or SL connie
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 738
    The CORE coronas are 5x42, same as the other AJ blends in corona format. That and the dagger/chisel CORE robusto, which is 4.5x50 are the only small CORE vitolas I know of.

I have to agree that you likely have the Nica Libre Principes.
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    I spotted oodles of bundles of these at the B&M on Monday... Ought to go back and see what they are asking, and ask the cigar geeks there which are which and are they good.
  • CvilleECvilleE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,177
    Any ideas what I have? Came in at 5.5X42. Not a Diesel, a MOW Ruinition, or a little devil....doesn't taste like other AJ blends I've had, but this is ROTT...

Got my toro's in they look like Man o War Virtue's, I guess I have some good morning smokes
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,520
    Anybody ever figure out what the petite coronas were? I pulled the trigger on some today. For 25 bucks why not?
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 738
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    I'm smoking a toro I got from Doug a while back...and it's damn good. Can't figure out what it is for the life of me.... Not mow, not ave, don't think it's an lhc, not nica libre....any guesses guys? 6x50 habano
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,520
    So I got my petite coronas. Cute little things they are. I've been trying to cut back on cigarettes and this is the perfect size for smoking with a cup of coffee in the morning. I would say these are roughly 3.75 inches 4 if you measure the way I do! RG about the same as a fresh rolled corona 42, 44ish. Really nice smoke ROTT, I know you said the petite coronas are Nica Libres but I thought all Nica Libres are box pressed? These are not. Whatever they are they burn flawlessly, draw not too tight not too loose, and taste pretty darn good too. This porage is just right.

• jswaykosjswaykos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 53
    I've also been thinking about grabbing a bundle of the Petite Coronas but have no idea what they could be. Are Nica Libres the only AJF cigar in that general vitola?
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    catfishbluezz:
    I'm smoking a toro I got from Doug a while back...and it's damn good. Can't figure out what it is for the life of me.... Not mow, not ave, don't think it's an lhc, not nica libre....any guesses guys? 6x50 habano
    LOL, I went through weeks of deciding and then changing my mind as to what those were. I finally decided that they were indeed LHC's. I grabbed two bundles at the same time and the other Toro's were LHC Ocuro Fuerte's.

I will have to grab some more of these. Last time I checked they were out. Now I have so much in the air on its way to me that I better not pull the trigger too soon. LOL
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    pelirrojo:
    So I got my petite coronas. Cute little things they are. I've been trying to cut back on cigarettes and this is the perfect size for smoking with a cup of coffee in the morning. I would say these are roughly 3.75 inches 4 if you measure the way I do! RG about the same as a fresh rolled corona 42, 44ish. Really nice smoke ROTT, I know you said the petite coronas are Nica Libres but I thought all Nica Libres are box pressed? These are not. Whatever they are they burn flawlessly, draw not too tight not too loose, and taste pretty darn good too. This porage is just right.

That sure doesn't look like a Nica Libre. I can't say that I think it is this or that, but the wrapper looks all wrong for it to be a Nica Libre. IMO
    MVW67:
    Have the same as Taylor, 4.5 x 58 any clues, think the 6.0 x 52 are either morrow Castle, or SL connie
    Have you figured this one out? i haven't had any luck at all with it.
    I got the torpedoes and they look like morro castle
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    Got a bundle of 20 robustos today that came in as San Lotano Habanos. Epic win for me. I'm happy!
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    skweekz:
    Got a bundle of 20 robustos today that came in as San Lotano Habanos. Epic win for me. I'm happy!
    You rule!
    Can't go wrong with the overruns by AJ