Home General Discussion

AJ Fernandez Seconds are Back! FYI

MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
I see that these are back in stock on CCOM and alot of Borks were happy to get these last time!! Little higher priced but oh well....

Comments

• allsmokedupallsmokedup Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 738
    Hmm... I still have some of the torps from last time. I'm thinking of the petite coronas this time, but which one of AJ's blends has petite coronas as a normal size?
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    never had any of the first offering.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Seen them, and a PM to you as well Mike.
  • Medic45Medic45 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,886
    Are they any good??
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    i went ahead and bought a bundle from the sister site earlier, before i realized ccom had them but i did get free shipping so i cant wait to get em.
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    Medic45:
    Are they any good??
    someone answer this man. B/C i want to know too. Some comparisons would be really great. Mike Williams, stop putting tape on boxes, answer the freakin question.
    i researched a lot before i bought them, and i found a lot of great reviews, people getting everything form unbanded mowpa's to 5v AAA's, and the only problems that i was able to locate with any of them was discoloration. The way it was described to me, although im not sure if it is completely correct, is that these are Overruns, not Seconds, so they were the extras that are made in every batch that just didnt meet the visual standards? Can anybody say if this is correct or not?
    Medic45:
    Are they any good??
    Let me preface this by saying I've not had these before, but I read up on them and exchanged messages with Mike about it..... but Taylor hit the nail on the head.....
    taythegibs:
    these are Overruns, not Seconds, so they were the extras that are made in every batch
    They are "extras" of any & all of AJ's blends - so if you think AJ's sticks are "good", then these will be "good".
    But there's no way of knowing which AJ blend you're getting until you actually smoke it and play detective to figure out which blend it is. So yes, it's somewhat of a gamble since you can't know which exact blend it is until after you smoke it, but IMO I've yet to smoke a cigar from AJ that I disliked so I think these are a steal at about $2/cigar.
    Hope that helps, Medic and jliu.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    If I could spend I would be all over them like an Asian man on pork fried lice...errr rice.
    Wow! Just got my order of robustos in. They are 5 inches long and have a wedgechisel cap. Anyone want to guess as to what these are? You have 52 guesses... lol!

Very nice score!
  • CvilleECvilleE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,177
    allsmokedup:
    Hmm... I still have some of the torps from last time. I'm thinking of the petite coronas this time, but which one of AJ's blends has petite coronas as a normal size?
    I would like to know this too....anyone?
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    allsmokedup:
    Wow! Just got my order of robustos in. They are 5 inches long and have a wedgechisel cap. Anyone want to guess as to what these are? You have 52 guesses... lol!

Very nice score!
    I'm waiting on my mazzo of robustos. I hope to be as fortunate.
    Well, this certainly has me considering another batch of... maybe petite coronas or coronas... I want some MoW PAs!
    mine are supposed to come in tomorrow, cant wait to see what i get!
    taythegibs:
    What did you order?
    allsmokedup:

Very nice score!
    Nice score dude! It's kinda like Russian roulette, only you can't lose because it's AJ!!!
  • Tuna Tar TarTuna Tar Tar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 12
    Just got mine and they are 5 1/2 inches long by what looks to be a 50 ring gauge. Looks like a habano wrapper. The only marking I could find was below the date and it said 60t. They look like they could be MOW Original. Who knows though....
    allsmokedup:
    taythegibs:
    What did you order?
    i ordered from the international guys when they were a daily deal and ordered the "robusto" which could be one of many of the different sizes offered as they just gave a wide range of possibilities.
  • oilburneroilburner Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 91
    Can't figure out what mine are. I got two bundles of robustos, which are unfortunately exactly the same. They're 5.5" x56 or slightly larger in diameter. Look very similar to morrow castles or Ave Maria's, but I can't really find an AJ stick with those stats. There's an ave Maria box press at 5.5x55, but these aren't pressed. Any ideas?
  • robertgreen30robertgreen30 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,922
    allsmokedup:

Very nice score!
    Nice score allsmokedup, sounds like you got the mow side projects
    I ordered the toros and they are coming in tomorrow, I'll let you know what they are when I smoke one. Cant go wrong with AJ's stuff
    Dang UPS smart post screwed me over... hopefully tomorrow now...

oilburner:
    Can't figure out what mine are. I got two bundles of robustos, which are unfortunately exactly the same. They're 5.5" x56 or slightly larger in diameter. Look very similar to morrow castles or Ave Maria's, but I can't really find an AJ stick with those stats. There's an ave Maria box press at 5.5x55, but these aren't pressed. Any ideas?
    aren't the 5V 'AAA' s that size?
  • oilburneroilburner Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 91
    The AAA's are 5x56. These are lighter in color as well. Could be sol cubano's possibly but haven't found those in a 5.5x56 either. Those, the ave Maria's and the morro castles all are extremely similar in color to what I have.
  • VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    oilburner:

Im with you. I split a bundle with my dad and mine are 5.5X54 or 56. Im going to compare sizes now.

And Rob.... Yours are 6X56 or 60. I will check for ya.
    Vision:
    oilburner:

Im with you. I split a bundle with my dad and mine are 5.5X54 or 56. Im going to compare sizes now.

And Rob.... Yours are 6X56 or 60. I will check for ya.
    Thanks Pete
  • Tuna Tar TarTuna Tar Tar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 12
    I smoked the robusto's that i got yesterday and they are definately man o war originals. I am extremely happy with that. I also ordered some petite corona's and they are 4.5 inches long and box pressed. I think they are Nica Libre Principe's but they look darker than the pictures. Never had a Nica so I wont know by trying it. Either way both are a very good buy to me if thats what they turn out to be.

Photobucket
    Photobucket

Other then one being a torp... They are exactly alike... and Robs are the same but bigger.... That sound so gross
    thats pretty cool vision, Ruinations are Amazing!
    Well you know why, I dont have to answer that lol
    robertgreen30:
    Well you know why, I dont have to answer that lol

I litterally just lol'd. I may have even pee'd a little.