Home General Discussion

CCOM FORUM BLEND WEEKLY POLL 2: WRAPPER

Comments

• smbrinksmbrink Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    1.Brazilian Arapiraca Maduro- that description made my mouth water.
    2.Sumatra Ecuador- Man I love me a Rocky Vintage '92!
  • Big DeanBig Dean Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 120
    My choices are Sumatra Ecuador, because I enjoy a sun grown wrapper. And also Habano Ecuador because i enjoy leather flavors in my cigars.
  • bwcarter54bwcarter54 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 142

1. Cameroon Africa. I love those cameroons.

2. Sumatra Ecuador. Love the spice.

• kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    j0z3r:
    My vote: Habano Ecuador. I've really liked the taste it imparts to cigars I've smoked with this wrapper.

Second pick: Sumatra Ecuador. I really like this wrapper, enjoyed in with another Fernandez blend, the La Herencia Cubana.
    I would say... Sumatra Ecuadorian first.. Every cigar that I have smoked with this wrapper has become one of my favorites, and by that I mean I would/have invested in a box purchase.. I just had a Rocky Patel Winter collection 2009 with a Pennsylvania Maduro wrapper, this thing was soooo good, I would have to make it my second choice after just a limited number of experiences with ths wrapper.. ( it's that good)
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    I wanted to go with a Maduro wrapper right away and my first thought was something like the wrapper on the C.Com Brazillian Label would be a GREAT chioce but I wondered how many others might choose something else. I am stoaked that so many are choosing the Brazilian Arapiraca Maduro . That's my first choice.
    My second choice would go to the with the Pennsylvania Broadleaf Maduro. Sounds similar to the brazillian and I just thought it may be a bit cheaper or easier to get which may help keep the eventual price of the cigar in a reasonable range for a "House" blend.
  • Marshallrocks80Marshallrocks80 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 45
    I would like the habano Jalapa, because it's something new to me, or the Sumatra Indonesia because I've really enjoyed the flavor of every cigar I've tried with that wrapper.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
    Krieg:
    I assume that this cigar is being rolled with just one wrapper, but I am going to pick my two choices based upon what if we did a double wrapper? Like a double maduro? I think that would be awesome. Here are my choices:
    1. Connecticut. Broadleaf Maduro - a nice oily sweet wrapper, nice flavor, not too overwhelming 2. Habano Ecuador- a wrapper to add some spice and complexity to the smoke.
    I tried picking wrappers that wouldn't overwhelm each other.

I'm saying the same thing here, I love the idea of flavor complexity with a moderate spice and some sweet notes.

1. Connie Broadleaf Maduro
    2. Habano Ecuador
  • mustluvcigarsmustluvcigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 686
    Sumatra Ecuador----so many great sticks are covered with this one
    Habano Ecuador-----Fave of Pepin=Fave of mine
  • JdoraisJdorais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 653
    rwheelwright:
    My first pic would be Cameroon Africa. LOVE Cameroon wrapped cigars.

Second choice would be Sumatra Ecuador. The VSG is an awesome cigar.
    Here here. I'm with wheel on this.
  • Garen BGaren B Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 977
    1. Cameroon Africa - Really love the Nub Cammy and a few other stogies wrapped in this leaf.
    2. Brazillian Arapiraca Maduro - Not even going to lie, my mouth started watering when I read the description.

Really excited to see what type of stogie comes out of this experiment!
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    Am I too late on this? My vote would be the Habano Jamastran Honduras, because I like the sound of it. Second would be the EcSu, because I like so many cigars with that wrapper (thanks for pointing that out, doody).
  • VidarienVidarien Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 246
    I've got a strong hunch we're getting a Sumatra Ecuadorian wrapper, heh.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    1. Habano Condega Nicaragua- A few of my favorites use this wrapper, and I really enjoy it. 2. Brazilian Arapiraca Maduro- It sounds pretty good, so I wouldn't mind trying it.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 991
    Vidarien:
    I've got a strong hunch we're getting a Sumatra Ecuadorian wrapper, heh.
    I don't know, the Brazilian Arapirac is getting a lot of play too.
  • plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 187
    When i voted for the cameroon i thought i'd be pretty much alone. I'm glad to see others like it as much as I do.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    A cameroon wrapper can be one of my favorites nanners. The thing about a cameroon wrapper, in my opinion, is that it needs to be coupled with a proper blend of fillers and binder to be good, otherwise the wrapper itself just doesn't do enough for the blend in terms of flavor and the whole cigar comes off as boring...again, my opinion, not fact. That is what steers me away from selecting that particular wrapper for this blend though.
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    I like the Cameroon a lot, too. Just not as much as EcSu and some of the Habanos I've had.
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    I like cameroon too and was tempted...but I feel like it's been hit or miss as to the cigars with cameroon wrappers I've had. Some great, some good and a fair amount that just weren't my cup of tea.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    j0z3r:
    A cameroon wrapper can be one of my favorites nanners. The thing about a cameroon wrapper, in my opinion, is that it needs to be coupled with a proper blend of fillers and binder to be good, otherwise the wrapper itself just doesn't do enough for the blend in terms of flavor and the whole cigar comes off as boring...again, my opinion, not fact. That is what steers me away from selecting that particular wrapper for this blend though.
    I think I'd go along with that.
  • ScramblerScrambler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 746
    1) African Cameroon 2) Habano Jalapa Nicaragua
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 404
    My two choices are the following:

1. Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro - I think that this wrapper is absolutely fantastic right now. It is a very complex wrapper when used right that provides a bomb of flavors.

2. Habano Ecuador - I like the peppery, leathery sticks right now.
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    Last day for voting.
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    Sumatra Ecuador it is.
    I thought for sure it was going to be a maduro. Oh well, something new to try never hurt anyone, LOL.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Alex Svenson:
    Sumatra Ecuador it is.
    interesting.. okay well on to the next..
    Arapiraca Maduro was very close. I was almost tempted to make both since the wrappers jive with the same types of fillers.
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    Alex Svenson:
    Arapiraca Maduro was very close. I was almost tempted to make both since the wrappers jive with the same types of fillers.
    I don't think anyone here would be opposed!
  • mustluvcigarsmustluvcigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 686
    YES!! We should use the first runnerup from each poll and make a 2nd cigar!!!!, Great upsale marketing idea, Alex.;) ;). There could even be a poll amongst the customers who purchased both packs.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    Alex Svenson:

Almost tempted?...So what would it take to put you over the top here Alex? A Maduro version of the same fillers would be VERY interesting!
    laker1963:
    Alex Svenson:

Almost tempted?...So what would it take to put you over the top here Alex? A Maduro version of the same fillers would be VERY interesting!
    Definitely! I couldn't resist it as I'm sure would be the case with the rest of the maduro lovers here.