Home Non Cigar Related

What's for dinner?

Comments

• MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    I like the Dorito taco okay, but it's still toxic smell.

Our supper tonight was a finger food night-all mixed up. Pot stickers. Boneless buffalo wings and fried tenders. Summer sausage and cheese and crackers. Soft pretzels.

Not healthy at all, but fun for a family movie night. For dessert, my wife tried out her new 12 in. cast iron skillet. She's never used the smaller one...makes me cook on it...so I made her use this one before me since she raves over them so much. How she can rave when she's never used it, I'm not sure, except she likes the food I make in them. Anyway, blueberry clafouti.

Sorry for the shots. The battery was about out on my phone and I couldn't use the flash at all.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Grilled chicken breasts veggies and asparagus. Very healthy and tasty!! image
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    You ate them all as one meal? Just curious-:)
    Bigshizza:
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    rzaman:
    Bigshizza:
    that looks like 1 seving!! lol! they look awesome by the way!
    rzaman:
    Bigshizza:
    No way Rip, I'm on Weight Watchers....to bring you a beautiful and reduced version of the SHIZZ!!
    Bolivian Quinoa salad, Lobster with Thai aromatic Yellow Curry sauce. Photobucket
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Yesterday
    bacon wrapped sliders

photo FEEFD323-orig.jpg
    photo 77938E8A-orig.jpg
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    danielzreyes:
    Yesterday
    bacon wrapped sliders

photo FEEFD323-orig.jpg
    photo 77938E8A-orig.jpg

Looks like I'll be firing up the grill this weekend!!!
    Last night was leftover night in our household. Cleaning out the fridge, we had some leftover pizza, fajitas, chili, baked pork chops and rice, and some homemade bread.

We enjoy our food more than once! Tonight, I think I'll get out some ribeyes to sear on a cast iron and finish in the oven. Do some asparagus with turkey-bacon that needs used up. Some mashed potatoes or baked sweet potatoes. Maybe both. Need to go to the produce stand after I use up the last of what I have now. We're getting low on fruit and veg.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    Chicken Marsala& Roasted Potatoes, fried veggies from the garden.
    Glock1975:
    Was that last years garden or do you have a green house?
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    Bigshizza:
    Glock1975:
    Was that last years garden or do you have a green house?
    No buddy, last years stuff from the deep freeze, or u can just sit outside here in Ohio. Wish we had a greenhouse.
    Busted out the giant cast iron to make fajitas...onions, peppers, beef, chicken, and shrimp.
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,520
    Baked country style ribs with macaroni and cheese and asparagus preceded by a salad. No wonder I put some weight on this winter.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Brats and Tots. God I miss having cooks on our boats!
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    Tenderloin Steak, Roasted potatos with cheese and bacon, salad. Does it get any better then this?

Norwegian Salmon with Chinese Spicy Bean Sauce: photo CC2005_zpsc822d33f.jpg
    One of the guys fixed a turkey with stuffing and mashed potatoes. Man that bird was good.
  • WhoDeyGalWhoDeyGal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    My slight rendition of Margarita Pizza

• VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    Shepards Pie.... MMMM
    WhoDeyGal:

Can't find that Shizz in the Weight Watchers Cookbook...damn it Nikki you're killing me...:(
    Bigshizza:
    WhoDeyGal:

Can't find that Shizz in the Weight Watchers Cookbook...damn it Nikki you're killing me...:(
    Lmao, sorry Shizz. You're doing what I need and should be doing.
    I had Lebanese dinner- Lamb Shish Kebab, Hummus, Pita bread and Grilled pear and onion with mint tea. photo CC2013_zps6a167a5a.jpg photo CC2010_zps59edee49.jpg photo CC2011_zps14cf2ce1.jpg photo CC2009_zpsbb7331d0.jpg
    Never cared for lamb but that does look inviting. The Engineer fixed some gumbo for lunch, sure hope there's some leftover for dinner when I get off watch.
    Second night in a row we've had breakfast for dinner. Last night, we had French Toast. Tonight, some friends had us over and we had homemade biscuits and pork sausage that came from the host's brother's own pigs. On tap for tomorrow is a big mess of green beans, ham and smoked sausage, and baby potatoes. Nuthin' fancy, but yum.
    I'm hungry. Dinner is in the crock pot tonight and smells good...Italian seasoned beef roast with pepperoncini. We'll make thin-slices and serve it on crusty rolls with provolone and au jus.

Last night I did a variation on my jerk pork...this time rubbing it into chops and grilling them on an indoor grill. Served with homemade mango salsa and rice...but the biggest thing I did was for my wife. I turned cauliflower into rice in the food processor, sort of. It was low carb and actually pretty good. She wanted it plain for our first attempt, but I think it needs some seasoning. Curry, or Spanish-rice, or fried-rice ingredients would have made it really excellent.
    Martel:
    I'm hungry. Dinner is in the crock pot tonight and smells good...Italian seasoned beef roast with pepperoncini. We'll make thin-slices and serve it on crusty rolls with provolone and au jus.

Last night I did a variation on my jerk pork...this time rubbing it into chops and grilling them on an indoor grill. Served with homemade mango salsa and rice...but the biggest thing I did was for my wife. I turned cauliflower into rice in the food processor, sort of. It was low carb and actually pretty good. She wanted it plain for our first attempt, but I think it needs some seasoning. Curry, or Spanish-rice, or fried-rice ingredients would have made it really excellent.
    do you have pics? Also, how hard is mango salsa? Love it.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Nutrisystem, Chicken and Dumplings. Not the best tasting stuff, but as far as microwave meals go (healthy or unhealthy), it's surprisingly good, they did a good job making this stuff palatable. Lost 10 lbs so far on it; got about 20 more to go.
    WhoDeyGal:
    Martel:

do you have pics? Also, how hard is mango salsa? Love it.
    I have some leftover mango salsa; I'll try and get a pic. My phone appeared to be bricked tonight, but resurrected itself. The wifi is out, still. It makes it a little less convenient to upload pics, so I'll see.

The salsa is simple. Peel the mango and cut it into cubes, I tend to use two. If you've never done this before, they're kind of an odd texture and are very slippery so be careful. They also have a large core. To the cubed mango, I add the juice of a lime to a lime and a half. I just eyeball it. I also finely chop a red onion and add enough to mix evenly. I do the same with cilantro, because I like it, but you could use parsley or even some mint, but I'd use less mint if I did that. Then I add a tablespoon or two of honey, salt and pepper to taste, and mix to coat.
    xmacro:
    Nutrisystem, Chicken and Dumplings. Not the best tasting stuff, but as far as microwave meals go (healthy or unhealthy), it's surprisingly good, they did a good job making this stuff palatable. Lost 10 lbs so far on it; got about 20 more to go.
    I've been doing Weight Watchers for 2 months and I'm down 24lbs...but, I've still got about 50 more to go! Good luck with your journey.