Home Non Cigar Related

Photography Entusiast

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Just out of curiosity, any of you gents be willing to take some scenic photos and send me them? I dunno, that bridge photo was amazing, things like that. Maybe even some sunset or wooded pics. I'd be willing to pay for them too. I need them to be large enough for an 8x10 or even a bit larger. Need to find some good landscape stuff for decorations. pm me if anyone would like to help the squirrel, oh and that's another thing, any good squirrel photos are always a plus.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Hey pheebs, pm incoming.
  • paintmanpaintman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9
    I do mainly sports photograghy for my kids teams. Great hobby. I'll try and attach a few. http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb377/331paintman/DSC_2656.jpg
    Speaking of wooded shots, here's one I really like:

Bottle Brook

This place is called Bottle Brook, accessible only by bushwhack. Just downstream is this:

Bottle Brook
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Harpoon, those are some beautiful shots. Ever think about doing this professionally
    kaspera79:
    Harpoon, those are some beautiful shots. Ever think about doing this professionally
    Thanks, and yes, I'm working to get my woodshop off the ground so I can sell my photos in custom made frames. I'm almost there so hopefully soon I'll be making the transition from residential finish carpentry to woodworking shop junkie.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    bigharpoon:
    kaspera79:
    Thanks, and yes, I'm working to get my woodshop off the ground so I can sell my photos in custom made frames. I'm almost there so hopefully soon I'll be making the transition from residential finish carpentry to woodworking shop junkie.
    Your talents are very evident, I would wish you luck, but you don't need it. Amazing.
  • paintmanpaintman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9
    Sorry doing something wrong. trying this.. Photobucket
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,497
    Wanted to get some nice winter shots while back in Buffalo for the Holidays and been here two of the three weeks and it's snowed once and left hardly anything on the ground. There's been about three inches so far this year and there were about 40 inches by this time last year. Hopefully there will be some snow before I fly back so I can try and get some shots.
  • camgfscamgfs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 967
    This one is large so I'll just post a link to it (read: I'm too lazy to edit the image, lol)
    Feeding wild bird

My dog loves the snow

Another white tail deer

• ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    These are some great shots everybody! Very impressive
    bigharpoon and paintman:
    Great shots. Love the clarity and detail in the sports pic and the colours are great in the outdoor shots!

These look better in a fuller size, but this is the width that this forum accepts.
    We finally got a little snow, here's my front yard:

• Ironmick63Ironmick63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 100
    Thanks for the infor guys. I ended up buying the Canon eos rebel t2i with the ef-18-55 is lens and the ef-55-250mm is lens.
    Some pictures I took while back in Niagara Falls for the Holidays...

Ironmick63:
    Thanks for the infor guys. I ended up buying the Canon eos rebel t2i with the ef-18-55 is lens and the ef-55-250mm is lens.
    Great choice with the T2i. I've had mine for about a year and a half now and really like it a lot. All the pictures I've posted have been taken with my T2i and the HD video it captures is amazing too. Being a video guy first that aspect really impressed me a lot.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    The falls are beautiful, that's where we went for our honeymoon.
    They really are and when you're born there you almost take them for granted but it was great being back there the last two Christmases after being out in AZ for the last 20 years.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    It may freak you out seeing that much water after living in Az for so long.lol
    I spent last Sunday getting here:

Mt. Washington

I actually hiked my dslr instead of my p&s as a test run for other winter summit hikes. The high winds were blowing so much snow around I couldn't use it much but it was a nice test run anyway. I just about got frostbite on my fingers during the 2 minutes it took me to shoot these even with glove liners on.

Mt. Washington
    Nice pics of the Falls and MT Washington.
    I was just noticing that this thread has over 7000 views. WOW, that's great!

I really wanted to set up an online shop for myself and others who may be interrested in selling their images online, but my college studies eat up all of my spare time. Hopefully I can find some way of making that project part of my education and get grades for it....then I won't have any excuses.
    I need to head out to Sedona and get some pictures. Was down there about five or six years ago but would like to get some nice pictures with the T2i.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Harpoon those are awesome pics. Sounds like a really fun shoot you know with the almost getting frostbite and all lol seriously good stuff man
    ENFIDL:
    Harpoon those are awesome pics. Sounds like a really fun shoot you know with the almost getting frostbite and all lol seriously good stuff man
    Thanks, it was fun! I was toasty warm the whole way up and when I took off my mitten shells and thick glove liners and went down to my thin gloves to shoot my world changed instantly. I went from 'burrrrrr' to 'damn it's cold' to 'holy cow, I need to hurry up' to 'I'm in trouble' so fast it was crazy! Seriously, like two minutes.

Frostbite is a bit of an exaggeration but my fingers were completely numb and it took 10-15 minutes of hiking down before they finally started the needle burn sensation of coming back to life. It really opened my eyes to how dependent on equipment and clothing I was. You wouldn't last 5 minutes without it. Glad you enjoyed the pics!
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    What I woke up to this morning,

Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
  • RBeckomRBeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,099
    Somehow I missed this thread. There's some great photos here. Keep up the good work gentlemen and women.
    One of my own. A large Oak burl by my pond. What does it look like to you?

One more. Tobacco flowers in my garden this summer.

I thought these were worth showing. The winter of 2010.