Home Non Cigar Related

Photography Entusiast

Comments

• JSaintJSaint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,848
    PhotobucketPhotobucket these are a couple I have been able to capture over the years.
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    This is turing into a great thread. Nice pictures fellas..and thanks for the comments regarding my flowers..LOL
  • camgfscamgfs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 967
    Hey everyone!
    GREAT PICS!!!

I will try to keep this short.

Have any of you given any thought towards selling your 'best' photographs? I know I have, and I am toying with the idea of creating an online shop to do exactly that. To be honest, between full time College studies and family/pets, I haven't had enough time to really get a large selection of photographs. If I had an "online store front", I would offer my photographs for sale 'framed' for a higher price, 'not framed' for less. A sale would mean that I'd have to order a print of the size requested, have it sent to me, put it in a frame and mail it to the purchaser. The online store would have the price for the picture, additional cost of framing, shipping costs and all that good stuff so the customer would know the exact final cost of purchasing...and probably use "paypal" or similar for the payment method.

OK, so much for keeping this short, so straight to the point.....
    I am wondering if anyone would (or might) want in on something like this. Would anyone be interrested on combining our photography hobby into something that 'might' make us a few dollars? The images could be tagged so we'd know who sold what and who should get the money for the sale, and the combined photographs would give the customer a wider selection of pictures to choose from. You've all seen my shot of the deer, and here's a couple more that I consider commercial enough to sell. If photos sell, then great....if not, we take the shop offline and say we made an effort.
    No point going into greater detail unless some of you are interrested in discussing this further.

Red Golden Pheasant

Ive thought of it in the past cam. I think it would be a great idea.
  • wwesternwwestern Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,386
    Man you guys are awesome! Some very beautiful pics of nature all throughout here. Laker's water lilly's seem like something you could stare at and just become peaceful.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    Thanks Wes. I have been taking photos for a long time now. I would be into seeing some on a site for sale somewhere, that would be KEWL. My only concern would be the number of sites that offer similar services, such as Webshots.com. It would be fun as long as a person wasn't looking to make a pile of cash from it.

laker1963:
    Thanks Wes. I have been taking photos for a long time now. I would be into seeing some on a site for sale somewhere, that would be KEWL. My only concern would be the number of sites that offer similar services, such as Webshots.com. It would be fun as long as a person wasn't looking to make a pile of cash from it.
    I agree with you. There are many sites that offer a similar service, but I'm talking about a custom site we (the photographers that get involved) would have some say in what photographs get posted, what prices we charge, what the site looks like and how we want to run it.

When I have time, I could set up an "example" site to show what I mean. I don't promise to have the time to do this right now...I'm just suggesting an idea that might work out by starting small and building on it as we see fit. It ties in with my College Courses and would allow me to practice some of what I'm learning at school.

When / if I get a fake "shop" set up, I will post a link and then we can discuss it further with those who are still interrested.

• ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    I really wanna do that. I would love to start selling my prints and making some money off of my shots. We should def do this guys. We could be Ligero Brothers Photography lol I've been researching the legalities around selling cigar shots for the past week or so
    +1 on the name of the group lol.
    The name might be cool in some regions, but here in Canada there is such an "anti-smoking" campaign that I'd be afraid to name the shop after a tabacco product.
    I'd like to suggest that if we get this off the ground, we start small and cheap. We don't need an official name, just a place on the Internet (which I can provide) to post the shop. We spread the shop address around by word of mouth just to see if it catches on. There will be some things to set up like paypal accounts and of course, the ever existing problem of Taxes and reporting income, not to mention printing the photos and delivery charges. There are reasons why this isn't being done by everyone.

I just want to keep it simple to start, then if it catches on, make whatever changes are needed. The shop can have catagories (wildlife) (landscapes) (lakes & streams) (smoke & burn) or whatever our photography includes. I will see if I can get a 'dummy' shop set-up by next weekend so you can have a look. This may never take off, but I like the enthusiasm in the room.

Sounds good Cam! Thanks for tackling the page. I'm def down for it. Plus if the income stays below X amt of dollars then it can be classified as a hobby, for us US brothers, and with that no taxes have to be paid. I'll try and figure out how much exactly it is, I think it's like 3 or 5 grand. In my opinion we do need a name though. I was joking around with Ligero Brothers because that would limit us I feel like.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    I really like to macro flowers here are some pictures I have taken over the years.
    Here are a few I took back in 2004 on my honeymoon
    Not that it's a great pic, fiance's iPhone, but it's too cute. It's Mr. Banana Pants:
  • wwesternwwestern Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,386
    Your dog should bite the *** out of you, you deserve it lol
    wwestern:
    Don't you mean Mr. Banana Pants should bit the *** out of me? lol
  • amz1301amz1301 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,287
    ENFIDL:
    wwestern:
    Now that aint right a banana suit, LOL. Pic of my dog Boozer who past about 2 years ago. RIP Boo.

amz1301:
    ENFIDL:
    wwestern:
    Now that aint right a banana suit, LOL. Pic of my dog Boozer who past about 2 years ago. RIP Boo.

Hey Mr. Banana Pants is awesome! lol I do love the banana costume it's hilarious.

He was beautiful brother. I'm sorry to hear he's passed!
    JSaint:
    PhotobucketPhotobucket
    That's a thing of beauty!
    And John for some reason I can't get your pics to open on my work computer. I'll give them a look from home.
  • amz1301amz1301 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,287
    ENFIDL:
    amz1301:
    ENFIDL:
    wwestern:

Hey Mr. Banana Pants is awesome! lol I do love the banana costume it's hilarious.

He was beautiful brother. I'm sorry to hear he's passed!
    Thanks brother, he was awesome. Still miss him.
    ENFIDL:
    And John for some reason I can't get your pics to open on my work computer. I'll give them a look from home.
    Strange, maybe my domain is blocked.
    I LOVE the pictures of peoples pets. I am always amazed at what we do to our pets for our enjoyment and what the pets themselves will put up with. That is REAL love happening there.
    I took this shot of the trees that are on a little walk away from the house. Great little patch of old growth forest. Not very big but really KEWL

imageimage
    PhotobucketPhotobucket photos taken two 4th of Julys ago.
    Nice photos everyone! Wow. Almost forgot about the "Daily Hottie" thread!!!
    Anyway, I'm posting a link to a photo of my dog. The pic is "huge" so I won't post it here to avoid all the scrolling left/right and I'm too lazy this morning to edit the photo size.

Dog named "Tiny"

Nice dog. Great pic Cam, but yeah... it was large.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    This is a great thread! Now I'm going to have to learn to post photos. Also, (pardon my ignorance) but is anyone using digital cameras that accept lenses from 35mm SLR cameras? I love the digital Canon my son got me, it's great to be able to take numerous shots and then delete without using up film, but it's kind of limited. Takes great photos within 50 feet or so, it'll zoom out to 12X, but focus gets pretty fuzzy. Still have all my old camera stuff from the dark ages in the 70's & 80's, heck I even still have an old 120mm Agfa that you have to *** the lens separately! (shades of Ansel Adams, my childhood hero)
    Amos Umwhat:
    This is a great thread! Now I'm going to have to learn to post photos. Also, (pardon my ignorance) but is anyone using digital cameras that accept lenses from 35mm SLR cameras? I love the digital Canon my son got me, it's great to be able to take numerous shots and then delete without using up film, but it's kind of limited. Takes great photos within 50 feet or so, it'll zoom out to 12X, but focus gets pretty fuzzy. Still have all my old camera stuff from the dark ages in the 70's & 80's, heck I even still have an old 120mm Agfa that you have to *** the lens separately! (shades of Ansel Adams, my childhood hero)
    I use a Canon Digital SLR camera Amos. (still laugh, now that I know what your name means)

Being able to change lenses for different situations is a must for me. I got into the 35 mm cameras a long time ago too and I LOVE the versatility of the digitals. Let's see some of your shots Amos.